Weta Workshop Comic-Con 2014 Booth Tour

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Here's my booth tour of Weta for this year. They really had some amazing stuff once again. I was just in awe of everything they brought but especially Smaug and The Balrog. Then you add pieces like Bard, Thror, and Mini-Smaug it was just a fantastic booth and Con. I will apologize that the phone lost focus a few times and didn't come back like I wanted.

Nice vid Josh, everything looks fantastic. The flames on the Balrogs back look intense. I hope the productions pieces turn out that good. Thror looks bigger in the video than he does in the photos. I'm 75% sure I'll be getting him as well, :lol. Smaug looks great.

Thanks for posting, :duff:

Faramir looks even better in your video. Balrog looks big, which is fantastic; worried about price though.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks all :) they had some amazing stuff this year and I fear for my wallet. :lol Can't way to own them all.

Awesome video as usual Josh, it helps that you're such a fan as you linger on the cool stuff you know we'll appreciate ;-)
That Balrog looks beautiful. It has the potential to be one of my favorite collectibles. I just hope I can afford it, as well as Smaug, Bard and Faramir!
I'm going to have to sell some stuff to get these. The sideshow Strider maquette exclusive, the SSW witch-king among others.
I love the Thror statue too but that's very much after everything else and I doubt I'll own it unless I get rich one day.

Awesome video as usual Josh, it helps that you're such a fan as you linger on the cool stuff you know we'll appreciate ;-)
That Balrog looks beautiful. It has the potential to be one of my favorite collectibles. I just hope I can afford it, as well as Smaug, Bard and Faramir!
I'm going to have to sell some stuff to get these. The sideshow Strider maquette exclusive, the SSW witch-king among others.
I love the Thror statue too but that's very much after everything else and I doubt I'll own it unless I get rich one day.

Thank you :duff It's funny you say that because I was explaining at Comic-Con that's my approach to the videos and pictures. I want people to really see these things and I think what would I want to see in pictures/video. That Balrog is amazing! Such a massive piece. It's the super large Balrog we've always wanted. I hope you can as well. I want as many of us to get this as possible. Those three plus Thror will be mine. Just gotta work it out money wise.

Great job on the video!! :clap So much nice stuff on show...I need more space!! :panic:

Thank ya :duff I'm glad you guys like it and allowed the experience if Comic-Con to come home.

They still have the same anouncements obver the speakers in the background as they did last year on your booth tour ;)

Thanks so much for given an idea how everything is displayed.
You brought me over there through this film.

They still have the same anouncements obver the speakers in the background as they did last year on your booth tour ;)

Thanks so much for given an idea how everything is displayed.
You brought me over there through this film.

I'm pretty sure it's a recording. That or this guy gets paid to say the same stuff ever year. :lol

My pleasure. :duff Glad you enjoyed it.

Just took the tour with you Josh. Great job! :clap

The release dates seem to be pretty close for a few must have items though. Will be a struggle to get the 'must haves' such as Thror, Faramir and Smaug. Balrog is as always a non-interest for me but Bard I am hoping will linger for a while :wink1:

Yeah, I thought so as well. Things could change a bit but it's going to make juggling them all really difficult. Plus we have stuff coming at nyccc and slcc. So it could be a real mess. Spreading things out a bit would be super helpful.

WETA have really brought out the big guns and with a clear field they should really be considering a flex pay system as some items will have to be axed by collectors in the hope they hang around.

Yeah, I agree. They're bringing the big guns and it's pretty amazing but they're going to totally need a flex pay system or make more them open editions.

Back