WETA Vs. PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the LOTR Weta liknesses were like GG's are for their 1:6 Star Wars line I would't even be looking at the PF line. But they aren't which is why I ended up selling most of them in preperation to pick up alot of the PF figs.

Jesse

But the question is still which will retain their monetary value longer, and I am fairly certain that the SSW line will take that honor.

1) Smaller ES, as of now anyway

2) More direct connection to the films

3) Something VERY big (more than just Lurtz, and Frodo's mixed reaction) will be needed to usurp the Daddy Rog, etc's title

jlcmsu said:
These PF figures are just plain awesome and anyone who calls them dolls doesn't have a clue as much as I think anyone who calls the SSW statues "toys" or "figurines" is in the same boat.

In your opinion.

The PF's are just "dolls", and the SS/W pieces are just "figurines", IMO. I love them, but they are. I guess that makes me clueless...

elwood49 said:
In your opinion.

Of course IMO but from what I've read over my time on message boards many agree with me.

elwood49 said:
The PF's are just "dolls", and the SS/W pieces are just "figurines", IMO. I love them, but they are. I guess that makes me clueless...

I guess if that's how you choose to look at them then go ahead but I stand by what I said. :D

Weta did an exceptional job on I would say 85% of their statues. Although I'm sure im forgetting one or two right now, I can't think of one of the "bad guy" statue they didn't do a great job on. Sure the scale was alot smaller than some of us would have liked, but overall, I love the pieces I have own(ed). As far as the premium format figs go, Lurtz looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to pick him up. The only downside for the PF's in general is their cost. Obviously speaking for myself I have a modest income to start and have a mortgage and two kids. The weta line although smaller will have a larger following for that reason alone. Getting a statue for $150 compared to $275 is significant difference. There are many more people that will be able to offered the weta line as compared to the sideshow. Just like with the new 12" line of the star wars exploding where as the exclusives sell out, but no where near as fast as the 12" inch or even weta statues when they were released. (aside from the high edition sizes and pippen.) Thats just my thoughts on it. I would love to own some of the PF's from all the lines its just the $$$ is a bit to high for me to justify.

Back