WETA returns to LOTR 1:6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the pricing is not that good for either company.... :slap

Sure, but I mean some seem to be comparing Weta to Sideshow and saying how much more expensive Weta are. I'm just saying that if you factor in Weta Dollars, there local shipping, etc from UK, US or NZ warehouses and all that, then maybe Weta isn't all that bad compared to Sideshow.
Other then that, all prices have gone up, just how things are.

Right? I know they've got a Hobbit license, but they've ground to a halt on LOTR stuff.

So far, they have yet to even start with the Hobbit, let alone ground to a halt. We all know they have the license and have so for 8 months (likely longer before telling us).

The past 2 years and especially past 12 months has clearly shown where SS focus is, Star Wars, Marvel and DC, expecting much from anything else is just wishful thinking.

received kili and the box was trashed. shipped from seattle via transgroup freight, which hands it over to UPS. absolutely awful and abusive shipment but the statue amazingly survived!!! i do believe the jewels in weta's lines are the prop replicas and staffs. thorin's map and the contract of bilbo are handcrafted to unbelievable standards. i hope to own one or both. i did get radagast's and gandalf's staffs and they are AWESOME!!! and reasonably priced for 1:1 scale anything.

Maybe they are focusing on epic scale stuff. Still I can't see a Hobbit PF being anything other than a Thorin. They dislike hobbits, gollum=done, gandalf the gray = ugh not another so soon. Any other dwarf besides Thorin wouldn't make much sense (though I'd prefer Balin or Dwalin), Smaug can't be released just yet so their announcement must be a Thorin PF and I would guess the Merry and Pippin maquette.

If they did a proper Fellowship I bet none of the fellowship pieces would be in stock

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

Ditto with the PF line...I mean,the Mordor Orc is nice and everything,but honestly,who would of chose that over a Boromir/Gimli/Samwise/Merry/Pippin/Saruman/Arwen/Elrond/Faramir/Eowyn etc etc etc....

Looking back at their terrible/selfish/inexplicably BAD buisness decisions,it's almost like they WANTED the line to fail or something...putting out characters that there is NO DEMAND for just so they have an excuse to stop producing LOTR stuff when it's all left sat in their warehouse because-shock horror-it doesn't sell out. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with for the way that SS have handled this license. :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
Still I can't see a Hobbit PF being anything other than a Thorin.

I'd bet money on it being Azog :slap

Besides,they already said on Twitter that the ME announcement was gonna be a bad-guy,although they never specified which license though so there is still hope...I would personally LOVE a Thorin :yess:

Another reason I think they'll do an Azog,is because of how well Lurtz did...it's an easy seller for SS,because a well-done bad-guy appeals to bandwagon fans aswell (people who don't even like LOTR/Hobbit,but just love cool looking monsters etc).

Bloomin' heck!! What have I done now?!

I already apologised for before,this is getting a bit silly,I mean,I'm a passionate guy,so it means I care about stuff....I'm not offensive or using bad language...and I'm not insulting anyone on this board either,far from it :peace

I'm trying to be PC here,but I'm not a robot!! :lol

I already apologised for before,this is getting a bit silly,I mean,I'm a passionate guy,so it means I care about stuff....I'm not offensive or using bad language...and I'm not insulting anyone on this board either,far from it :peace

You've done nothing wrong no matter who thinks it here. As long as you can back up what you say, you're ok by me at least. Some here just don't like any complaints truth be told and think they know what's best for all here.:cuckoo: Without negative discussion there is no real forum.

You've done nothing wrong no matter who thinks it here. As long as you can back up what you say, you're ok by me at least. Some here just don't like any complaints truth be told and think they know what's best for all here.:cuckoo: Without negative discussion there is no real forum.

Thanks Adolfo :1-1:

It's the same argument that the early PF lovers (self included) had when we started to push for a commitment to the Fellowship. Sure, Galadrial was nice, Berserker was awesome, Moria Orc was cool. But then Gollum, then dark Orc and still no commitment to PF Fellowship?
The backlash to the 'pasta picture' suggestion was pretty fierce and several campaigns finally produced a half hearted response that once again said a lot but confirmed/ denied nothing. A non-answer, as seen many a time on the Q+A section on their own site. The only positive thing that came out of it was the commitment to a full Fellowship in the new maquette line, I was more than happy for those who collect this line, but for me it meant selling off the PF's I had and not investing in an apparent failed line. No Fellowship = no point in my eyes, as beautiful as the pieces were up to this point of realisation.
Its still my belief that Merry and Pip will appear for you guys, but there are a fair few people who can say to me and others 'Told ya so!' in regard to believing SS would be upfront with us after the 1/6 figures, LSB's, Dio's took a dive.

Stuff happens, lessons get learned and we move on :1-1:

Sideshow...did 6 of the fellowship in 1/6 action figures,Did 7 of the Fellowship(in diff garb) as 1/6 maquettes and 4 of the fellowship as 1/4 PFs.....their LOTR villains were outstanding to say the least(I mean every single one) but still so many were waiting for them to finish a fellowship no matter what format it was....and it just didnt happen...No Merry and Pippin in any format by SS, strange in my book...Is there a clause saying that they are not to be made. If not by God it sure feels like it. Sure we gotta move on but a legit dicussion can be made here. Some just dont like it

It's the same argument that the early PF lovers (self included) had when we started to push for a commitment to the Fellowship. Sure, Galadrial was nice, Berserker was awesome, Moria Orc was cool. But then Gollum, then dark Orc and still no commitment to PF Fellowship?
The backlash to the 'pasta picture' suggestion was pretty fierce and several campaigns finally produced a half hearted response that once again said a lot but confirmed/ denied nothing. A non-answer, as seen many a time on the Q+A section on their own site. The only positive thing that came out of it was the commitment to a full Fellowship in the new maquette line, I was more than happy for those who collect this line, but for me it meant selling off the PF's I had and not investing in an apparent failed line. No Fellowship = no point in my eyes, as beautiful as the pieces were up to this point of realisation.
Its still my belief that Merry and Pip will appear for you guys, but there are a fair few people who can say to me and others 'Told ya so!' in regard to believing SS would be upfront with us after the 1/6 figures, LSB's, Dio's took a dive.

Stuff happens, lessons get learned and we move on :1-1:

I suppose that's what it is Dave,as I'm relatively new to this hobby(only been a couple of years now),these feelings of frustration towards SS are new to me,and probably old hat for all you guys...that's probably why my comments may come off a little strong,as they strike a contrast with the rest of you guys' posts...who are used to this kind of disrespect and ignorance from SS...which is really a sad state of affairs when you think about it.

Well, once again you've not listened.

You can be passionate all day long but your word choices are more than they need. In the last post I took out the words idiotic, blind, deaf, etc You're just not being respectful when using those words and so once again I've deleted them. It doesn't help either they're all in caps (which is Internet for screaming). Read how the post is now that I edited and shoot for that. I'm glad you have a passion for Middle-earth but right now its headed towards you or anyone who can't follow this getting an infraction.

Say no more,I understand.

But I will say one last thing though Josh,I was brought up to treat others the way I was treated myself,you say by using certain words I am not being respectful,but I ask you this: Are we being treated respectfully by Sideshow? No.

I understand 100% that you want to keep things polite and respectful around here,but I do believe my anger is justified...so from now on these grievances will be taken up with SS directly.

It is not my intention to fall out with anybody on this forum as I love contributing,so this is the last I will say on the matter and move on.

But I will say one last thing though Josh,I was brought up to treat others the way I was treated myself,you say by using certain words I am not being respectful,but I ask you this: Are we being treated respectfully by Sideshow? No.

I understand 100% that you want to keep things polite and respectful around here,but I do believe my anger is justified...so from now on these grievances will be taken up with SS directly.

It is not my intention to fall out with anybody on this forum as I love contributing,so this is the last I will say on the matter and move on.

:horse:horse....Sideshow LOTR Fellowship....:horse:horse

Last edited:

Voice you're displeasure all day just be civil/respectful about it. That's all I ask. I share the disappointment with everyone since Middle-earth is my top priority. We just can't have things said certain ways and that comes down from the top.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

I suppose that's what it is Dave,as I'm relatively new to this hobby(only been a couple of years now),these feelings of frustration towards SS are new to me,and probably old hat for all you guys...that's probably why my comments may come off a little strong,as they strike a contrast with the rest of you guys' posts...who are used to this kind of disrespect and ignorance from SS...which is really a sad state of affairs when you think about it.

It was an annoyance, but also a realisation that the old sayings about business is business and it boils down to money :dunno
SS is very good and promoting and driving a product / line but equally good at walking away from it when the money-tree is not so fruitfull for them.

Now when it is, they produce some seriously good pieces and it is these that should be remembered, not the misjudgement on our part in buying into a 'line'. SS excell at hitting the moment for popular items which means select pieces doing really well with a few supporting pieces being hit and miss. Complete sets are very rare in my view now, Avengers is a given with the long established comic lore and film, whilst, for example , a Hellboy range of characters is very unlikely other than a few. Just my view of course, but it sucks to feel dumped on by a 'collector friendly company' until you realise that companies making this level of geeky goodness to this standard are few and far betwee so we should just learn patience to see where a line is going or just buy items on their individual merit :1-1:

And have Sideshow called you idiotic, blind or deaf? No, and i don't think those comments are warranted on here. I don't know if they still do, but some people from Sideshow used to visit these pages. Imagine how you would feel if you worked for them and you logged on here to read that about yourself?
Be as angry as you want, but as Josh said, choose your words carefully.

Back