Web pattern on a Spider-Man suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm planning on making a 1/6 comic style spidey, and I want to make the suit from scratch. However, I'm stumped as how to go about the web pattern on the red parts. And honestly for that matter, how to layer the red and the blue part of the shirt, seamlessly without any stiches. Any help would be appreciated :)

I made a custom spidey a while back. I had a company dye sublimate the suit pattern onto lycra fabric. I then printed the suit pattern on paper and took tracing paper and drew out the lines of the webbing to match the size of the suit. I scanned the image of the webbing into my pc and sent to lazer designs. They etched out the webs into acryllic. I then took black liquid latex from monster makers and smeared it into the grooves of the acryllic. Peeled back and i had my webbing. Cut out with exacto blade and hand glued to fabric. Keep your tweezers handy. The fabric cost $25...dye sub cost $50 and acryllic lazer design cost $25. Pretty cheap for a cool custom.

I made a custom spidey a while back. I had a company dye sublimate the suit pattern onto lycra fabric. I then printed the suit pattern on paper and took tracing paper and drew out the lines of the webbing to match the size of the suit. I scanned the image of the webbing into my pc and sent to lazer designs. They etched out the webs into acryllic. I then took black liquid latex from monster makers and smeared it into the grooves of the acryllic. Peeled back and i had my webbing. Cut out with exacto blade and hand glued to fabric. Keep your tweezers handy. The fabric cost $25...dye sub cost $50 and acryllic lazer design cost $25. Pretty cheap for a cool custom.

That's an awesome and easy way of making the webs. I've got to try that.

Any Pics of the completed fig?

Okay, I have an idea for you guys! It does use stitching... BUT... If you use a sewing machine, change out the bobbin thread to match the suit. IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER! But, it would look great. You would pretty much have to hand walk the entire thing...

dual-color-thread-2.jpg

bobbin-thread-copy-21.jpg

LINK

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pics. I made this figure a long time ago. the hardest part was sewing the costume. some by machine, some by hand. a fun project though.

Here are a couple of pics. I made this figure a long time ago. the hardest part was sewing the costume. some by machine, some by hand. a fun project though.

Finally!! I've seen photos of this figure around and loved it!! Hands down the best custom figure I've seen - just my opinion though!! Great work! Love it!!

Thanks, it pales to hot toys but what can you do. :)

No. It doesn't. Give yourself some credit, for $100 bucks you made a damn nice custom that I think would look good next to anything else. :clap:clap:clap

Back