WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I'm sure when I do see this movie... I will repeat tonight's performance... but I will be glowing blue when I do so...

drmanhattan_hulk.jpg

I guess this movie is gonna blow more than your mind when you see it, huh? :lol:rotfl:horror

Watched this live. Just got around to posting. Anticipation was off the charts, and I too climaxed.

Felt as if time was slowing down while I was absorbing everything. I need morrre. This is going to be off the chaaaaain

Looks great. No faked alien squid monster has me disappointed. Is that confirmed? They stayed so true to the comic it seems silly to omit what I consider a very important part. When I first read this when I was 11 or so, that was one of the coolest things.

Two things...

1. That IS the official teaser 1-sheet

2. The film has already been rated by the MPAA:

Watchmen Action / Adventure WB 3/6/09
Rated R for strong graphic violence, sexuality, nudity and language

chavez553;1:lol[/QUOTE said:
Hey, I'd rather the nudity come from Carla Gugino and Malin Akerman going at it hard. :D

But it's a fact that there will be blue junk floating around the screen.

Do I want to see it, HELL NO! Is it gonna be there, unfortunately yes. :monkey2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I'd rather the nudity come from Carla Gugino and Malin Akerman going at it hard. :D

But it's a fact that there will be blue junk floating around the screen.

Do I want to see it, HELL NO! Is it gonna be there, unfortunately yes. :monkey2

Meh. what's the big deal? No different than a nude statue or painting. We've all seen junk before I'm sure. Not like there is going to be a 5 minute closeup on it. I'm happy Dr. M is naked in so far as it keeps the movie closer to the book and Moore/Gibbons' vision.

This wasn't actually a trailer... it was just the previous teaser cut with new footage exclusively for the Scream Awards. The next actual TRAILER hits in November (most likely attached to "Quantum of Solace"). And I'm sure that will have some dialogue bits.

As far as the "nudity" in the rating. That would have to be Manhattan as well as Laurie/Silk Spectre II (Akerman) and perhaps Dan/Nite Owl II during their sex scenes. I doubt we'll see Gugino unless The Comedian takes her clothes off completely before the attempted rape, but that would be a pretty big departure from the book.

And I have to admit... I have no problems whatsoever with Manhattan being full-frontal naked in most of his scenes. That's him. That's the character. He's a super-being, a god... he could care less about things like clothes and only wears them when he basically feels it's necessary (Blake's funeral, the TV appearance, etc).

That new footage looks amazing. It looks like Snyder needs to take it easy with the slo motion though.

That is in fact my only fear about the film, over abundance of slo mo; and too much of a "300 re-hash" feel.

Back