Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumblr_inline_o13appTO791r574sf_500.gif

Interesting. Anything else?

Inner and outer sleeves. I like using inner plastic sleeves for the records instead of the paper ones they come with. This keeps the records from getting scratched since some of those paper sleeves are tight.

A record cleaning brush and a stylus brush are cheap and easy must-haves for any serious listener :wink1:

Inner and outer sleeves. I like using inner plastic sleeves for the records instead of the paper ones they come with. This keeps the records from getting scratched since some of those paper sleeves are tight.

For both the brushes and the sleeves, will any do or are there any particular brands that are better?

I've been happy with the sleeves made by Sleeve City. They are available on Amazon (your favorite place :p). I've used the Diskeeper Audiophile inner record sleeves and the Ultimate Outer 2.5 mil record sleeves.

I thought I'd be so smart years ago and use that Soundguard stuff (record preserver). I learned my lesson on that! It molds!

:gah:

MoFi inner sleeves ftw (although I agree about the ultimate 2.5 outer sleeves from sleeve city), and Audioquest brand record brush are all my personal preference.

S6P8mT0.jpg

Keeping the thread alive with one of my recent acquisitions.. Mogwai - Atmoic Soundtrack. I love the way this album came out and matches the artwork and the music is equally as amazing! For all fans of post rock or emotive instrumental soundtracks, I highly recommend this listen.

So it turns out my 180 gram copy of Def Leppard's Pyromania has side one of Bob Marley's Burning and side two of Pyromania. It's also out of print, which means I can't easily buy another copy. :(

I had that happen years ago. Mine was different all together, but I exchanged it at that time. It's quite dumbfounding when you stick a record on and something totally different plays. :lol

I find it ironic the "Burning" is on one side and "Pyromania" is on the other, but come on! It's Pyromania! One of my favorite 80s albums of all time. :monkey2

I did find posts from 3 other people on Discogs.com that have this same predicament. :lol

So it turns out my 180 gram copy of Def Leppard's Pyromania has side one of Bob Marley's Burning and side two of Pyromania. It's also out of print, which means I can't easily buy another copy. :(

It's the perfect album for when drunk AND stoned. :rock

Got the Force Awakens hologram album today. And From Dusk til Dawn. And another Funkadelic (entering the Bootsy era now; was going to stick to Eddie Hazel, but I'm weak).

Back