Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even when I was new to the hobby, I saw RSD for the shadiness that it is. But when I read up on how it affects a lot of the actual stores, I ditched it altogether.

The effect on stores is substantial, as well as the price gouging that's passed down the consumer. Not to mention how lesser known bands and labels who are trying to press their music all get delayed because every major pressing plant is trying to fulfil a limited edition 10,000 copy pressing of some Huey Lewis and the News album that's been available in dollar bins nationwide for years so it can be sold for $40. No thanks.

Luckily the stores I prefer to patronize see the gimmick for what it is and choose not to participate in RSD, so it would even matter if I chose to go record shopping that day anyway.

If I want something I will check online stores. If i get it. :yess: if not... who cares :dunno:

More money for something else.

I think this year they have maybe 2 I would want as I don't have and are not out there like you menitoned. But I will live without them.

8414770d39ffc4ccea4f43b23d4e30e0.jpg

Woohoo! Love the Disney picture discs. Have them all now except for the WonderCon BB8 exclusive. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy ****. Show us the rest.

I was broke on RSD. A friend miraculously scored me James Brown. Looks like The Doors didn't sell out. Should be able to still get one.

Last edited:
Holy ****. Show us the rest.

I was broke on RSD. A friend miraculous scored me James Brown. Looks like The Doors didn't sell out. Should be able to still get one.

I'll definitely post a picture when I get the latest ones. I just ordered them from hot Topic. Darn you, Waller, fury, eli and everyone for getting me hooked on vinyl!!!!! :lol :lol

I had some when I was a kid, but never had interest in them after that (cover art belongs on the sleeve). Had they all looked like that, I might feel differently.

I heard that colored vinyl was generally crap back in the day, but now it's of no lesser quality than plain black. I wonder if picture disks have been similarly improved.

I had some when I was a kid, but never had interest in them after that (cover art belongs on the sleeve). Had they all looked like that, I might feel differently.

I heard that colored vinyl was generally crap back in the day, but now it's of no lesser quality than plain black. I wonder if picture disks have been similarly improved.

They have not. It has been tested and the tests are not positive.

Man these scalpers are hitting online RSD sales hard. I got just two pieces in my cart and have not been able to check out for 15 minutes I may just give up.

Back