Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it's good I didn't invest more time and money in vinyl. I got my stereo set up and there's no extra input and my turntable from storage is broken. :lol

Not that I have to justify my purchases to anyone... but I only got mine because I love the art work of the cover and inside as well, and I am a Shaun of the Dead fan. It's the only one of its kind on vinyl, so I took the dive. Notice I didn't get their Guardians of the Galaxy lp, since there is a very good one for under 20 dollars available. If I had better options for SotD, I would have gone that route. Considering most soundtracks have cost me in the neighbourhood of 40-50 bones, I consider it fair for what I am getting. Even my record store was shocked at how cheap a double LP soundtrack went for, concerning GotG. It doesn't happen often, so even with the shipping, I am okay with the Mondo purchase for this instance.

No justificación needed at all. I'm just explaining my side. I think their shipping in general is insane when it comes to their albums. My opinion.

No that's fair. Waller knew I was on the same page with him and mostly, I still am. Thus the explanation. I probably won't get much from them, if anything at all. The Iron Giant figure may happen, just as long as it's readily available and looks as advertised. Again, if it's the best and only representation of its kind, my hand might be forced. But aside from that, I don't see myself eager to give Mondo my money. No. 1) Their posters as an example are ridiculously priced for starters, and 2) For those of us who would even want to get our grubby mitts on any of the more desirable ones, they make them so limited and hard to come by, the flipper dolphins would buy em up before you get the chance, and sell them at even more ridiculous prices. Don't get me wrong, some of them look sharp, but I just can't stomach spending 300 smackers for a screen printed sheet of paper. I don't get the whole VHS, Gallery, or sweaters.. all tacky stuff for far too much. But hey, they seem to sell like hot cakes, so what do I know. They know how to market crap and sell it at a nice tidy profit. Kudos to them. I am surprised Waller doesn't picket their business with all the hatred he has for the company. ;)

Last edited:
I agree.

I have come to the conclusion that if there is something I want and I cannot obtain it for their retail value at the time of a drop, I don't need it.

I have yet to pay over retail for any Mondo print. This may be why I have so few. LOL.

I agree.

I have come to the conclusion that if there is something I want and I cannot obtain it for their retail value at the time of a drop, I don't need it.

I have yet to pay over retail for any Mondo print. This may be why I have so few. LOL.

Wait, but their shipping? You're contradicting yourself man! D'oy!

What posters do you own? btw You're crushing Waller's soul by admitting to giving Mondo your hard earned dollars, regardless of how limited it is.

Wait, but their shipping? You're contradicting yourself man! D'oy!

What posters do you own? btw You're crushing Waller's soul by admitting to giving Mondo your hard earned dollars, regardless of how limited it is.

Oddly enough their shipping on the posters is average as I pretty much pay the same when shipping posters to people.

Nah, Waller knows me better than most. he knows we share the motto ****** Mondo

Oddly enough their shipping on the posters is average as I pretty much pay the same when shipping posters to people.

Nah, Waller knows me better than most. he knows we share the motto ****** Mondo

Shouldn't the posters cost even more based on their size and the fact they need extra packaging because of how flimsy and sensitive the material is?

That is the logic ... but I can securely ship an album for under $5.00 (12" album). So I would say Mondo should be able to do so for maybe $7.00/$8.00.

Do they? Nope.

Back