VIDEO TUTORIALS: All Hot Toys Darth Vader Modifications step-by-step

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been watching all three videos today in my downtime at work. Definitely want to mod my Vader now. I won't do the electronic mods because that is beyond my skill set and comprehension but I'm definitely going to address the paint apps and the helmet mods. Thanks for the material Jazz!

Quick question Jazz. Maybe I didn't catch it but did u seal the paint apps on the armor and chest and belt boxes or just leave as is? If u did seal the paint what did u use? Thanks.

No need to seal the paint. It's very strong.

I've been watching all three videos today in my downtime at work. Definitely want to mod my Vader now. I won't do the electronic mods because that is beyond my skill set and comprehension but I'm definitely going to address the paint apps and the helmet mods. Thanks for the material Jazz!
Wow thanks man! Great praise coming from you!

I ended up sealing down the paint/weathering on mine with gloss varnish. A few light layers goes well as in my experience the tamiya weathering kit rubs off with handling if not sealed.

@JazzInc you seem to be the best to ask, have you ever taken the MK 3 DC Helmet apart? I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it to come apart without snapping anything..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I used these videos as inspiration to create my ideal Vader!Thanks so much to Jazz for doing these!

I used RO gloves, belt, chest box, and boots, ANH everything else, repainted the mask, foiled the eyes, lowered the dome, fixed the nose, and went with LForignos cape. Still cant beat the drape you get on it, although the RO cape and tunic are a big time upgrade to the original ANH

MJ1_5852.jpg
MJ1_5853.jpg
MJ1_5854.jpg

Did anyone have an issue with one of the shoulder guards coming off ? Looks like the glue dried out anyone experience that with Vader out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@JazzInc you seem to be the best to ask, have you ever taken the MK 3 DC Helmet apart? I'm having trouble figuring out how to get it to come apart without snapping anything..

You mean the Iron Man mark 3 die cast? No I haven't. I'm sorry.

You mean the Iron Man mark 3 die cast? No I haven't. I'm sorry.
Thats fine! Im just desperate for help! :/
How about the 43? Did you take that helmet apart?

Only the quarter scale mark 43 helmet. Maybe you should just send it to me

For those of you that have received multiple Vader heads (v1), did HT paint the neck area a slightly darker gunmetal with less scratches? From what I recall, the scratches on mine were all done by HT, but I received another unaltered one, and it seems much darker and no scratches? The above pics by chilipep66 is how my latest head looks - in the neck area. Running change?

Hmm....

And seriously contemplating the electronic mods.

I used these videos as inspiration to create my ideal Vader!Thanks so much to Jazz for doing these!

I used RO gloves, belt, chest box, and boots, ANH everything else, repainted the mask, foiled the eyes, lowered the dome, fixed the nose, and went with LForignos cape. Still cant beat the drape you get on it, although the RO cape and tunic are a big time upgrade to the original ANH

View attachment 315144
View attachment 315145
View attachment 315146

Awesome mod chilipep66. :goodpost::clap

Back