Venom Life Sized Bust #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Call me relieved, but this means I have more cabbage to spend on other things.

Thanks SideShow! You're coming out with a lot of misses lately! My wallet thanks you!

@ Riddick

All these Photoshop mods are useful in pointing out how bad the existing design is. I stand by the current design looks BAD and any Venom 1:1 bust is a demonstration of SS getting greedy trying to milk the cash cow since it's already been done once, perfectly.

@ Riddick

All these Photoshop mods are useful in pointing out how bad the existing design is. I stand by the current design looks BAD and any Venom 1:1 bust is a demonstration of SS getting greedy trying to milk the cash cow since it's already been done once, perfectly.

True, but at the same time do you forget which company you are talking about? Do you forget how many Ironman 1/1 busts there are? Double dipping is a huge fact of life for many collectible companies ESPECIALLY when it comes to comic characters...

any Venom 1:1 bust is a demonstration of SS getting greedy trying to milk the cash cow since it's already been done once, perfectly.

That is a definite opinion since to me the previous 1:1 had the ridiculous underbite, the overexaggerated jaws and almost silly proportional neck and headsize. It's better than this....slightly but the perfect Venom bust IMHO hasn't been done.

True, but at the same time do you forget which company you are talking about? Do you forget how many Ironman 1/1 busts there are? Double dipping is a huge fact of life for many collectible companies ESPECIALLY when it comes to comic characters...

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

But it's really dont help in situation... THIS BUST SUX :(

True, BUT each Iron Man representation has been drastically different from one another with maybe exception of SIM, which is totally acceptable.

How much different can you make a 1:1 venom head look, current failed release excluded.

holy sh#t, what was SS thinking they had people lined up with there wallets opened (mine included) then they show us this.You would think after the negative response the 1:1 carnage got they would of learned their lesson and went with a more classic design.

That is a definite opinion since to me the previous 1:1 had the ridiculous underbite, the overexaggerated jaws and almost silly proportional neck and headsize. It's better than this....slightly but the perfect Venom bust IMHO hasn't been done.

I would say the same thing about the com as well.......what does SS have against Mark Bagley?

if someone painted it green and did a bit of rescuplting on the lower torso and added a collar etc, it would be a great Lizard:lecture

Well, I think we can all agree on one thing. In the 15 pages of posts since it's reveal, not one person has raved about liking it. In fact only 3 people (myself included) have even mentioned interest in buying it (and I have NO intention of keeping it as-is). Sideshow really needs to use some customer feedback, or focus groups, or something, because this kind of generally negative reaction to a piece is surely not in Sideshows best interest...

What Sideshow will do is put it on sale and if it doesn't move well it'll get a Rick O' Connell and suddenly disappear and orders canceled. That seems to be the new line of thinking.

As much as people don't like it though I don't think it'll have too much of an issue being sold, Carnage sold right? This is right up that alley.

What Sideshow will do is put it on sale and if it doesn't move well it'll get a Rick O' Connell and suddenly disappear and orders canceled. That seems to be the new line of thinking.

So they just removed the Rick O'Connell PF??? Thats sucks for those interested in the character, people may still want a Rick PF just done well, but if they make a bad one and it doesnt sell, they should look into why it doesnt sell, is it their design, pose, bad paint, or consumers interest in the character?

It sucks that they removed a virgin franchise and just re-made an existing character, with the same ethic.

Hopefully when this bombs, they'll look at that list again and say "well its not a lack of interest in the character so we must've ____ed up this one" and then finally do something about releasing products with glaringly bad designs and poor QC. :pray::pray:

just looked at the picks and got a good laugh..

OG Venom 1:1 or go home.. OG is also as heavy as the hulk PF for those that dont know.. I bet this one is hollow like a piggy bank.. Sideshow is coming out w/ serious lack of qual;ity lately.. The long term collectors know this.. down to the cheap packing foam... enjoy nooberts.. :lol < LOL!!!!!

I was looking forward to buying this as a companion piece/different version of Venom ... but I have decided based on the pics, and the price for it, it is a pass.

When one has the original Venom, and then this beside it ... just makes no sense.

With such a universally bad reaction, I really want to see what Sideshow does in response. There's no way this sells that well but I guess it depends on the edition size.

I'm with the "I'd buy it cheap to customize" camp.

Back