Venom Life Sized Bust #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea thats just a terrible choice for design. the artists got it right, but whoever was in charge of choosing what venom to portray is :dumbo:

Well, this is still a buy for me, because of 3 main reasons:

1) The first bust is too expensive right now.
2) I never liked the massive "under-bite" Larson version of Venom.
3) My Venom is going to be modded to look like this:

VenomMods.jpg

The eyes are ok to be a little "squintier" than usual, as animals actually narrow their eyes as their jaws open, but Venom's are a little TOO squinty. I think this looks better (for a "realistic" take on the character).
I've done FAR more extensive work on other projects, and this is going to be super simple in comparison. Me, my dremel, and some paint! :) I'll also probably be doing some more red in the mouth, some enamel glossing for the teeth, and some polyurethane on the black suit to give it that truly "alive" wet look.

Should we have to do this to something that cost $600 to begin with? HELL NO, but what can you do? :dunno

once this starts going for $300, im glad i know where to take it for a mod then :yess:. i like everything except the eyes. Defn will be a buy for me when i can get it on the cheap.

Who the frick keeps approving these Marvel designs? I was actually considering this, but the eyes on this bust look horrible. WTF were they thinking?

once this starts going for $300, im glad i know where to take it for a mod then :yess:. i like everything except the eyes. Defn will be a buy for me when i can get it on the cheap.

You got it, AP! :hi5: I have a feeling I'll be getting more than one request to mod this piece one it comes out (and I post some pics). ;) Good news is the mod should be cheap! :D

Who the frick keeps approving these Marvel designs? I was actually considering this, but the eyes on this bust look horrible. WTF were they thinking?

Agreed. While I like the look of the Hulk com, sometimes this artistic interpretation stuff goes overboard.

Really surprised SS hasn't done a take on McVenom. Hopefully Comm #2 :yess:

Looks like Sideshow just saved me some money.
Overall the bust looks great, but those eye's...WTF!!!!:cuckoo:

Damn it Mesa, you've convinced me!

I'm buying it!
:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol
Let's see what I'll do when this goes up on Thursday, sometimes I just can't trust myself. LMAO!

As an outsider, I don't really see an issue and I think it looks pretty cool. Are the eyes not accurate or you guys just hate skinny eyes?

VbphtspdbyR.jpg

Here's how it should be IM0.
Biger head, non-birdish shape of the upper jaw and VENOM's EYES!
Too bad it will newuh happen & shall continue to sit and wait for Hottoys 1/6-comic-line >__<

If the eyes were only a bit bigger... I like the paint and tone of the piece, very stylish -- but those eyes make it look like the purple Hasbro figures from Spidey 3. Even Carnage's eyes seemed too small, but this is Venom! Here it's way more noticeable.

VbphtspdbyR.jpg

Here's how it should be IM0.
Biger head, non-birdish shape of the upper jaw and VENOM's EYES!
Too bad it will newuh happen & continue to sit and wait for Hottoys 1/6-comic-line >__<

If it did look like this, I would think they would be trying to double dip off the original release too much.

This piece should have never even been done in the first place. The end result = Failure. If it had turned out nice like your above modified pic, I'd consider it a bit unethical for a limited collectible company to make a nearly identical piece and spoil the collectibility of the first. Plus, so many other character choices that haven't been done, so why revisit the same character multiple times?

Larger market for untouched characters without alienating your fan base.

Heck, after playing with the photos some more, its not so much the size of the eyes (I'm open to new artistic takes), but the "position" of them, just look at how much better it looks with the same squinty eyes, but lowered down to where the eyes actually are on a human head (he IS on a human host after-all!) :tap

VenomModEyePos.jpg

You all should of known from the shape in the prevew pic that they were going for a design similar to carnage and his infamous beak, yet every seems surprised.

I dont collect life-size but if i did i wouldn't even consider this a SSC piece, the eyes are awful, cant imagine what they were smoking when they signed off on that.

Having a second version is a good idea for those who missed out on the first, but this is just lazy, with all the characters in the marvel universe they could've created a bust of about 800 characters that have no peice in any format, instead of wasting a place on this.

Last edited:
If it did look like this, I would think they would be trying to double dip off the original release too much.

This piece should have never even been done in the first place. The end result = Failure. If it had turned out nice like your above modified pic, I'd consider it a bit unethical for a limited collectible company to make a nearly identical piece and spoil the collectibility of the first. Plus, so many other character choices that haven't been done, so why revisit the same character multiple times?

Larger market for untouched characters without alienating your fan base.

Yeh I know.
It was just a simple example of how it might look like in a classical style :peace

You all should of known from the shape in the prevew pic that they were going for a design similar to carnage and his infamous beak, yet every seems shocked

Well I'm was't expecting that Sideshow will go at it again... such a waste of polystone man T_T

Back