Venom Life Sized Bust #2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heh, this has become an HT thread... but in all fairness, the first Venom bust looked so much cooler. This one looks like merchandise from Spider-Man 3 -- which had a terrible Venom design IMHO.

Wait are we in the Aliens/Robots section, no wonder this Venom looks like :monkey4

Shame on you all for ever thinking this newcomer could compare to the original piece of awesomeness!!! :D

Venom6-25-2010-1.jpg

^turncoat!
:rotfl:lol:rotfl
So torn if I should still pre-order this ugly piece of symbiote...
:gah:

:lol

I'll be honest here...I'll probably end up pre-ordering it myself. I'm just really amazing at what they did to the eyes. (WHY???) Everything else looks great IMO.

Wow, forget I ever said anything. This thing looks horrible and doesn't come anywhere near the original. They can make as many of this POS as they want, no worries.

Reminds me of this

1135937-venoma_super.png

Not the coolest venom design, but that was a fun story.. VENOM BOMB (courtesy of Dr Doom & Norman Osbourne)

Not really digging the new bust, but I'm not into the 1:1 stuff anyway, so it's all good.

True, even if you win an internet flamewar, you are still a nerd

and what's wrong with being a nerd?

Noooooooooooo!!!
:monkey2:horror:gah:

It's weird looking! :cuckoo:
But.
Must.
Pre-order.
Still.

You must like wasting your money. Just wait a year and I bet this thing wont get 50% of it's $600 asking price on eBay.

Sorry, but the new Venom bust is just wack looking!

Never felt that it would affect the orignal Venom bust all that much, but after seeing the full picture(s).It really has nothing to worry about now.

Agreed 100%. This newest rendition probably just made the first one that much more desirable.

Appears to be the oriental version ????? Matches perfectly with the carnage bust !!!!

:lol

Guess I'll have to get the ugly-ass Carnage bust to accompany this ugly-ass Venom. Shiznit!

You must REALLY like wasting your money.

Fail........a little better than Carnage but that is not saying much. The value of the 1st Venom 1:1 just went higher because of this :lol

This man knows what he's talking about.

I think that this looks incredible! I much prefer it to the original bust. There again, I'm not as invested in the character, so I'm not as familiar with the different incarnations of it as many of you. There's no specific image of it burned into my brain, so when I look at it, I just see a bust that I would definitely want in my display.

This man doesn't.

I'm clearly in the minority here.... but I like it.

Not at $600, mind you...

...but the visual representation ain't making me scream "WTF?!" :wink1:

Are you blind?

Looks awesome to me. I don't buy 1:1 busts really so I'll pass but I think it looks pretty awesome.

Of course you would think that.

Shame on you all for ever thinking this newcomer could compare to the original piece of awesomeness!!! :D

Venom6-25-2010-1.jpg

Perfection is not easily duplicated.

Well, this is still a buy for me, because of 3 main reasons:

1) The first bust is too expensive right now.
2) I never liked the massive "under-bite" Larson version of Venom.
3) My Venom is going to be modded to look like this:

VenomMods.jpg

The eyes are ok to be a little "squintier" than usual, as animals actually narrow their eyes as their jaws open, but Venom's are a little TOO squinty. I think this looks better (for a "realistic" take on the character).
I've done FAR more extensive work on other projects, and this is going to be super simple in comparison. Me, my dremel, and some paint! :) I'll also probably be doing some more red in the mouth, some enamel glossing for the teeth, and some polyurethane on the black suit to give it that truly "alive" wet look.

Should we have to do this to something that cost $600 to begin with? HELL NO, but what can you do? :dunno

Last edited:
I can't wait to here of all the QC issues this will have. Although SS record on Venom has been respectable, so I'll enjoying monitoring this thread when this comes out.

Back