Velociraptor VS Protoceratops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter what it looks like. Anything with "velociraptor" can be purchased sight unseen! :D

Seeing as how both of these creatures are fairly small, i'm hoping we'll see at least three or more raptors. Otherwise this will be a small diorama. I guess it'll be more affordable.

velociraptorvsprotocera.jpg

I can't wait to see the whole thing! SS will probably have them feathered since there is enough scientific evidence that Velociraptor had well developed feathers....(at least on the forearms)

Anyways, I'm getting this and every other upcoming Dinosauria pieces even though I have to unfortunately give up collecting other models/collectibles...

Last edited:
The preview doesn't do much for me, I'm afraid.. but those two dinos are among my favorites. I hope it's good.

Wow, the Proto looks positively demonic. If anyone's interested, here is the infamous fossil find upon which this diorama is based, with both creatures locked in combat:

Fightingdinosamnh2.jpg

Seeing as how both of these creatures are fairly small, i'm hoping we'll see at least three or more raptors. Otherwise this will be a small diorama. I guess it'll be more affordable.

They better be feathered! :banghead

I can guarantee you that the Protoceratops will not be feathered, though odds favor that the V.mongoliensis will be at least to some degree if only for the sake of scientific accuracy.

Damn i want to see more. I wonder if we will get 1 or 2 skulls with the exclusive I'm hoping for 2 skulls now that would be cool

I hope we don't get 2 skulls because SS must make a maquette of a velociraptor, if they don't I will drop this line. Mabey I will keep it they make a maquette of any raptor. It's crucial to my expansion of this line.

I hope we don't get 2 skulls because SS must make a maquette of a velociraptor, if they don't I will drop this line. Mabey I will keep it they make a maquette of any raptor. It's crucial to my expansion of this line.

That's funny. Because just a few minutes later you posted this...
I was and I am still ambitious about collecting every piece in this line - and that includes the faux-bronze versions as well, especially when they are very limited. For those of you who want a complete collection - makes sense to me.

Just sayin'. ;) :peace

I could care less if we get two skulls or just one. We'll get a dromaeosaur maquette at some point. What individual species is difficult to tell. Probably not a Velociraptor since it is far and away one of the more gracile dromaeosaurs. One would think SS might favor depicting the dromaeosaur organismal powerhouses such as Deinonychus or Utahraptor in maquette form. Seems extremely likely.

Actually, when you're thinking of the size of this piece, think in terms of the T.rex VS Triceratops and Deinosuchus VS Parasaurolophus dios. Much more akin to the size of these pieces as opposed to, say, the Frodo VS Gollum dio.

Back