Velociraptor VS Protoceratops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Retailers can see the new Proto vs. Velo dio! :D

It's beautiful. Feathers and biting, yes!!!

Well, it's definitely not a small piece and I'm loving every aspect of it....

The only problem is that our local retailers decided to sell these at $820 each :google

That's even $70 more than the current Allosaurus Vs Camarasaurus dio price at here :banghead

Sorry to hear that the coupons won't work....

Anyways, about the ridiculous price....the main problem is the customs office, they demand incredibly high tax + tons of additional fees for collectibles with a certain size and weight, and the next thing is the retailers. Since these pieces obviously don't have high selling rates, they try to make as much profits as possible :(

Finally, the ____ed up currency..... which did get better since the past few months, so I simply don't know why they keep jacking up the price even though the currency is constantly improving...

I think this is going to be a hard one to display...the raptor's tail sticks way up there.. heh

..and the angles are problematic I think...it's hard to get a view of both animals without walking around it...this is prob the best one :

200077_press09-001.jpg

Where is the death blow the Velociraptor landed ? I expected to see one leg under the Proto digging into it's belly..the arm is def borken on the Raptor..but all it's done is land a few scratches on the Proto's face.. ?

This might pass those few that thought the past VS were too bloody and gory though.. ;)

My coupon worked just fine for me. And it's beautiful. The Velociraptor is rendered exactly as I hoped, and the Protoceratops is astoundingly menacing. They managed to capture the brutal crushing of the raptor's arm within the Protoceratops' beak well. Admittedly most know I am not averse to brutality in these pieces, so seeing one of the Velociraptor's toe claws embedded in the Proto's underbelly would have been my preference. ;) That said, I'm well pleased. The feather coat on the raptor looks good so far. Very good. I like the larger caudal feathers especially. A fine touch. The base here is also a superb accent to the piece, just as beautiful a compliment as that accompanying the T.rex maquette.

My coupon worked fine.

I have two, neither will work. This happened last time. I ended up sending about 10 emails back and forth. In the end I gave her my password to access my account so she could add it at their end. Don;t know if I can be bothered to do all that again for 10%.

it's hard to get a view of both animals without walking around it...this is prob the best one

Yep. It's a pity Sideshow thought fit to make the lighting so dark for the pics though. With something this detailed it's nice to see as much of it as possible.

Here's the same pic lightened a bit:

detail2.jpg

I have two, neither will work. This happened last time. I ended up sending about 10 emails back and forth. In the end I gave her my password to access my account so she could add it at their end. Don;t know if I can be bothered to do all that again for 10%.

I had the same problem in the past, the most efficient way is to call them up and have them do it for you.

I had the same coupon issue and I agree calling is the easiest solution. They got the figure ordered for me in less than ten minutes.

I'm not sure how much I like this piece. It looks really awesome, but its like the Rex vs. Trike dio, I think its passable for me. And its going to be a _____ to display with that tail sticking straight up.

Also, Scar, please explain to me how it would be feasible that the proto would get a velociraptor in that position.

Sorry, I forgot to read the backstory. It makes sense now. But that Velociraptor sounds dumb and clumsy...

Love it, and more importantly my son does too; he was over the moon when he saw the feathers! :clap

I used a SS OG coupon without issue. :fireworks

Back