Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Doc

Adjusted the dome. This piece blows me away :rock

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Its very old , it needs upgrading by us. With the apparent success of the ht ANH vader we are looking out our Anh and how we can improve it... I know a new master for the chest box is being created ,a new upper armor created using our full size stuff we know to be as accurate as possible bar the real used props and the paint apps revised all round....and looking into injection molding our parts. We are due the HT Vader any day and will be scrutinised from a purists point of view .... But it does look great
S x

I would be interested in whether you can alter the HT dome to make an ESB version. I don't know how that would compare with your new dome...

As stated we are creating a new master for an ANH chest box , there are varying dimensions on the net for this version, but we managed to track down an alleged direct copy of the original box , stated at 6 1/2 inches by 6 3/4 . This is the base of the box in 1/6 with the alleged slight off squareness, next to ssc ANh box.The hot toys box is correct in height but somewhat smaller in width.....so observations of it being too small are proving correct...
image_zpsveewkixb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

We are going with this profile of our new box....
image_zpstgz75vr7.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Near as dammit finished 'basic' ROTJ Vader , just neck brace to fit , shins and a few hands to be finished, needs a good futz (lowering of armor raising of belt and cod). Our vaders come in at approx 13 1/3 inches tall. The forum member who requested it seems to have vanished....
image_zpsimleht9p.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsaamc6kgc.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll just drop this here.....
image_zpsevwc05nc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
AEB919A2-D691-45F3-AC17-F0CEE12548B4_zpsdrexk4lt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
64F121C4-C008-42B0-BA10-7A2F4A90C4AC_zpsqky0jzff.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zps508iayc9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Whoa, what's going on here, mrshurc? Is this a new ANH dome? I have the modified SSC Deluxe Vader dome and the modified Hasbro.

A quick pic since I got him today. Huge thanks to Steph and Glenn for this figure, i couldn't put him down During my limited free time today since he looks amazing in hand. Makes my SS ESB/ROTJ version looks like crap now. He's using the SS cape atm, since the one that came with him has a broken chain, but damn, he looks pretty much spot on for the iconic 'join me' pose :panic: can't wait to get battery tomorrow for him :rock

View attachment 221963

Alright! :rock I'm glad to see that you finally got yours! It's also great that you love it so much. Congrats!

Here is a few of mine I took today.

Cant wait to see some pictures of my esb

they look faboulus and in this scale its a masterpiece

New chest box and belt box masters for ANH nearly completed these will be as close as you'll get in accuracy including corrected insert grills on the belt boxes and correct sized and profiled chest box .
S x

We've been studying the hot toys vader and have done a lot of measuring and comparison work, the findings are the ht is oversized in varying areas,( we done direct measurements from an ESB 20th century fox helmet) truth be told a sideshow Dx dome ( with trimmed eyebrows and skirt ) is more true to 1/6 scale than the HT , also the kaiyodo and our heavily reworked kaiyodo are almost spot of to 1/6 scale . To most this wouldn't be an issue , but H has OCD with the dark lord . He's stripped our Ht down and are modifying it to his own tastes, firstly the helmets been repainted and the nose 'seam' filled , he tried to remove the insert but it's a much larger piece than appears and the metal effect is like a metal foil and just broke up.weve found the ht is painted incorrectly with both sets of cheek rails being black(left as you'd wear it ,should be gunmetal) and no black section to the right ( as you'd wear it) between these rails. The repaint includes the scratches seen on
the right cheek and was done via airbrush using Tamiya aluminium /black at 50/50 mix, some streaking was applied with a brush. Lenses were removed and are not red at all , but smoked clear, and have been repainted over with tamiya clear red.
image_zpsdk5amsdb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsqp89ctwk.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsh3kcg2xo.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just a note: the 20th C helmet is WAY undersized compared to the really high end Vader helmets, so is really no basis for measurement reference.

As a point of interest: what color are the HT lenses? The real ANH was not red.

Steph, can Glenn give me any advice on how to make the dome sit well on the sideshow head? No matter what I do I can't get it to look right.

Last edited:
I don't want to post the same thing twice but I'm curious, and you may have missed my post. Are these brand new ANH domes you're working on? Are they different than the modified Hasbro and modified Sideshow deluxe Vader dome? Those are the two I have and if this different I'd like to own one if possible. :)

image_zpsevwc05nc.jpg

The ANH dome is a dx dome with a new central ridge and widows peak , shortened skirt and reprofiled eyebrows . The modded dx dome we use for esb has now been replaced with the aforementioned ANH version minus the widows peak point . Some reference indicates the esb dome was the ANH dome with this modification .the dx dome mod is only suitable for kaiyodo or our kaiyodo modded masks not the sideshow ANH one. At this point the only replacement for the sideshow ANH dome is a modded hasbro
S x

hello is there a status of the last vaders?
and thanks for the great inside in the other manufactures

.....working very hard, revisiting paint apps , colors used, we've created new ANH belt boxes and chest box using 'known' prop measurements. Trying a three pronged attack on new domes.... Lots of chemicals, lots of ££ , . Working on 3d print of full size helmet. Revising armor, the list goes on.

Back