Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.....working very hard, revisiting paint apps , colors used, we've created new ANH belt boxes and chest box using 'known' prop measurements. Trying a three pronged attack on new domes.... Lots of chemicals, lots of ££ , . Working on 3d print of full size helmet. Revising armor, the list goes on.

Ohhh :eek:

What we did......
New ANH chest box using 'known measurements'
New ANh belt boxes
New all versions belt buckle.
New self sculpted dome .
Revisions on the mask including neck profile
3d scanning and printing in the pipe line.
Checking and accurizing of chest armor.
New 'injection molded' chest box rods, all versions.
Revised paint colors.
And one IMPLODED vacuum degassing chamber :slap (£250 to replace :gah:)
One basic Rotj Vader completed for shocktrooper Au , who seems to have vanished .....so if anyone knows where he's gone...?

I apologise for lack of up dates we are both moving houses independent of each other .
But what's been done :-
TWO new domes , our own sculpt overlayed on the ssc dx dome .
And we have cast and reduced the HT dome to suit our masks , ours is surprisingly close to the HT now it's reduced but has a more accurate profile over the top of the dome (according to our reference ) than the HT , the first of these shrunk HT domes are going out with helmet orders for appraisal . Photos soon.
How it was done was long and expensive , firstly we tried shrinking an rtv mold by mixing the uncured rtv with mineral spirits and hoping for evaporation to reduce the rtv mold. It kind of worked but was deformed . After sourcing hydrospan 400 (reducing resin ) within the Uk we had to wait for the company to recieve delivery late January as it was too costly to import independently.
Once a solid cast of the HT dome was taken ( as the thickness of a standard dome would collapse using the hydrospan method), in hydrospan 400 , it was then allowed to reduce by evaporation to a suitable size . New mold taken of the solid piece then a slush cast taken from this , refined and finally a mold taken of the refined 'master '
Lot of work , but it has been done.
We may attempt to alter this HT dome but only if we can source definitive reference .

First phot shows the raw hydrspan 400 casting of the ht dome after reduction next to a standard HT sized dome.
image_zpsf8nb8art.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
And second photo shows the first final cast during painting . As 'too much garlic ' has indicated with his 3d scanned helmet the kaiyodo mask is the same size making it true 1/6 scale. So we now have two domes our own sculpt and this reduced HT dome. I apologise for crappy photo quality but H has an iPhone 4s and hasn't upgraded yet.
image_zpsmvtb9hjm.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
It

How does the chest armour from the Kaiyodo compare in size to the Hot Toys armour ? I'd love to upgrade the chest armour and shoulder bells if they are a better size.

Thank you. :) I don't suppose that you would happen to have a comparison picture ? Would you also happen to have an armour set and shoulder bells that you aren't going to be using ? :)

will these be upgrades on the left vaders?
and what is the status of these?
thanks

Let's hope the seamstress will be more friendly in the next time

Can't wait to see her work

Hello again
Was the seamstress a bit more pleased and did finish this suits?

I'm still hoping for some new pictures and maybe one from my Vader

Thanks

Hi, sorry it's been so long. Yes indeed H did visit the seemtress on Wednesday and she appears to be starting our work again. She does suffer from multiple health issues but we take this with a pinch of salt. We are creating yet another dome based on feedback from our recent versions, from sturtrup and others. We have now secured 3D scanning and printing technology which till now was both too expensive and too difficult to secure, but we now have help. We have been creating a lot of parts for people building their own vaders, mostly helmets and armor pieces. H is currently 'away 'for several days working on a full sized SW vehicle prop.So hopefully there will be at least some body suits ready to complete the final figures.
S x

I saw on Sturtrup's Vader thread, the prototype of your new dome. It looks awesome! When will you offer it for purchase? I would love to add an ESB version to my hurricane mask.

Back