Vaderville

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image_zpsps9yqhj7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh man! :panic:

I must say, its worth the wait :rock

Some of our main reference images for the prop finish Anh
4EFD27D6-318A-4D33-941B-46E568E16A7E_zpsv8rzlkdi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
image_zpsckgmmpr3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We have started to create a mask similar to the top image doing away with all brow details and the crown area , makes life easier and faster for the H also the neck brace will be optional from now one.it will be hollow allowing the metal screens for mouth and chin , and the option of real lenses where requested. A head blank will be created for fitting to the neck post of chosen body.
Sx

I have always wondered if the addition of a neck brace negatively affects how the mask sits on the head for most Vader figures. Both of the sideshow figures have helmets that sit too high and I wonder if the neck brace is part of the reason. After all, the movie prop did not ever have a neck brace..I think?
H found on his 501st Vader costume tht the neck brace was a major pain and actually clashed with the inside on the back of the dome on one of his helmets (modded don post classic action) and has since moved onto another helmet with no neck brace.
S x

The ANH helmets have just had their headsculpts painted, so just neck braces to go, base layer paints now going onto the ESB first batch and work being done on a 'simpler' ANh mask.
image_zpszldeqvja.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The fan available and licensed props and sculpts never position the neck brace correctly in the mask - it should sit further in, basically tucking inside the sides of the rear of the face mask. Most always line the edge of the neck brace with the rear edge of the helmet, making the neck brace stick out way too far in the rear, making it impossible to get the correct dome position. Also, most do not cast the domes thin enough, which means the crown is also hitting the inside of the dome and making it sit higher in the rear - this is also caused by some putting the disk on top of the head with all the greeblies on wrong - too raised in the back.

However, the original RotJ dome didn't sit properly on the reveal mask either, but they got away with it by showing another helmet just prior to Luke taking off the dome, so you never saw how weird the dome position really was.

The ESB reveal also has the separation line between the upper and lower part of the face mask cut different - following along above the upper tusk tube and then bends at the top rear of the tube and goes straight back to the back edge of the face mask - whereas the RotJ reveal cuts across the upper tube at the cheeks and follows the lower tusk tube to the rear of the mask.

Yep :) cap n cook . And thankyou no humor man for your insight.also the detailed brow causes the (on our miniatures) dome on the Anh version to sit slightly too forward so we compensate as much as possible by sanding the inside of the front of the dome to make more clearance.we combine the aspects of the prop with the 'Universe of Star Wars ' as it were
S x

Last edited:
perfection so far, really would like to think HT is going to do this kind of effort but there is no way they care enough to do this level of work. Keep up the good work and i hope to buy a SW/ESB helmet some day. :duff

May I ask for an update on the vader status

With all this excellent pictures and details I'm really hyped how great it will look

May I ask for an update on the vader status

With all this excellent pictures and details I'm really hyped how great it will look
The final two complex ones are both at the seemtress having new suits/inner robes and capes sewn. As with all these as we update something we retro for it to the other full figures being built , this includes masks and domes, we strip out existing helmets and fit everything to the updated masks. We have just created a new crisper mold for masks so every new cast replaces and existing one. We currently have just masks on the bench including yours and the other outstanding one being fitted out.when I collect the new soft goods it's just assembly then.we have had to do these mask requests to fund the expenditure for the new soft goods.

Thank Young for the Update and the Short times between it
I really preciate it

SO assuming u know or have a set price, how much would it cost for a full complete vader figure from you? If the ht version is going to be 300$ and look meh i would rather give you the 300 and have one that looks nice.

SO assuming u know or have a set price, how much would it cost for a full complete vader figure from you? If the ht version is going to be 300$ and look meh i would rather give you the 300 and have one that looks nice.

Each one is case by case , as we offer so many options to suit a forum member. We are approaching the end of back orders now. From then on 'if' we make more it'll be one at a time.
S x

I can confirm that All masks from run one of replacement helmets are done, half have headsculpt ready, all have finished domes. All neck braces are cast and need to be finished and fitted with metal work.
S x

ESB helmets, we have nine here in final stages then we will create the order specific other parts and they be photos for approval .i need to photo a certain bespoke metal saber hilt.... My bad I forgot
image_zpsizrlqjq3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back