UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

I foresee the head around the $100+ :S , judging by how the enterbay heads are going for, even the "custom" heads are around the $70. Crazy...

You know these heads are dropping by the hour. I paid around 100 bucks for a FoF angry head a while back, and they've been going for 40 lately; even the ETD heads are well down on what they were a few months back. People are falling of the EB Bruce wagon like flies :lol

I can't decide which of the MIS figures I prefer, but the suit is very spiffy. I think I'm more excited about these figures than I am about the ETD, if that's possible. Maybe because it's such a different look for a high-end Bruce figure and this will really set it apart from my other figures. What some don't dig about the MIS Bruces is exactly what I do dig about them :)

I can't decided which I prefer either. In the end I'll go with just one - I'm not going to buy both.

The suit seems best at first. It's "tasteful" and a reasonable look all in all. At the same time though, it looks a touch strange to me - kind of like you've dressed the figure in some random clothing that it wasn't made for.

The casual wear, on the other hand, looks very fitting to me. It seems to fit perfectly somehow and leaves a fine impression. The reservation with that though is that it's kind of a cheesy outfit, not to my tastes, and something I'm not sure I'd like to have forever on my shelf.

In general though, I'm very excited about these figures. I like this 'behind the scenes' type direction. It reminds me a little of Beach Fun Barbie here, something along those lines, but still I like it...

I can't decided which I prefer either. In the end I'll go with just one - I'm not going to buy both.

The suit seems best at first. It's "tasteful" and a reasonable look all in all. At the same time though, it looks a touch strange to me - kind of like you've dressed the figure in some random clothing that it wasn't made for.

The casual wear, on the other hand, looks very fitting to me. It seems to fit perfectly somehow and leaves a fine impression. The reservation with that though is that it's kind of a cheesy outfit, not to my tastes, and something I'm not sure I'd like to have forever on my shelf.

In general though, I'm very excited about these figures. I like this 'behind the scenes' type direction. It reminds me a little of Beach Fun Barbie here, something along those lines, but still I like it...

Personally if I have to choose either one, I think I would go with the casual look instead of a suited look. I already got a lot of suits in my collection from customs and stuff, and it'll be a change of pace IMO. But I'm a Bruce Lee fan, so I have to get both XD .

I prefer casual look.:wave
The suits usually look cheaply made IMO.

Besides, casual looks much better on Bruce as far as I am concerned.

I'm not sure how exciting it could be for people who want just the body... the SS EX was only $20 more for the extra body + stand.

This release looks like it'll be around $150, and I doubt you can sell off the extras for $130 right off the bat.

I'm not sure how exciting it could be for people who want just the body... the SS EX was only $20 more for the extra body + stand.

This release looks like it'll be around $150, and I doubt you can sell off the extras for $130 right off the bat.

I don't know about the total edition size, but wasn't Sideshow's allocation of exclusive boxes 200? Folks who were lucky enough to grab an exclusive will have the extra body, but others who want it will have to resort to the grey market, at a lot more than $20. I think Toy Anxiety had theirs for $60? So those who want the extra body would look to be selling off the kit for say, closer to $90 to consider breaking even, which doesn't seem too much of a stretch.

In any case, me no care 'bout them cos me get all three lucky boxes :monkey1

How much would you anticipate a set of clothing + head sculpt to go for? My guess is $50+ and shipping on top, with the outfit going for $50+ and shipping on top. So maybe $110?

Every dollar saved is good of course, but for me I'm tempted to just get the boxed figures.

Have you considered buying the boxed set and parting it out?

Good point. Man, I was talking myself out of this one. But you're right better to just buy the figure and then part it out especially if this is going for $120 or so. I reckon the body alone would sell for more than half that parted out. Might as well keep the body for a future mashup! :rotfl :rotfl I give up. Hot Toys owns my wallet haha :thud:

I will say it again, I really HOPE these 2 does not come out at the same time, or worse yet, with DX ETD Bruce 'cause it'll be CHAOS!... in my wallet.

I will say it again, I really HOPE these 2 does not come out at the same time, or worse yet, with DX ETD Bruce 'cause it'll be CHAOS!... in my wallet.

Both are set for Q3, so I'd hope DX Bruce would be out before then :panic:

Both are set for Q3, so I'd hope DX Bruce would be out before then :panic:

Oh shoot yes, Q3, didn't read that part, duh. Oh well, then I hope they come 1 month after the other, haha. But it's highly unlikely, both has the same sculpt XD .

Last edited:

As happy as I am about having the DX and MIS figures out within a few months of each other, I am beginning to wonder whether we'll see any other figures out of this license. The '3 figures' line was being thrown around, apparently from the HT facebook page which I didn't see - how likely is it that HT will say, "OK, we're done with Bruce" after these figures?

I'm not fussy - WoD, The Big Boss, FoF, GoD - but there has to be at least one other DX or MMS Bruce, or I'll start ripping into Hot Toys Indy-thread style!

As happy as I am about having the DX and MIS figures out within a few months of each other, I am beginning to wonder whether we'll see any other figures out of this license. The '3 figures' line was being thrown around, apparently from the HT facebook page which I didn't see - how likely is it that HT will say, "OK, we're done with Bruce" after these figures?

I'm not fussy - WoD, The Big Boss, FoF, GoD - but there has to be at least one other DX or MMS Bruce, or I'll start ripping into Hot Toys Indy-thread style!

They HAVE to make those, I mean, they took their time out of their busy schedule to make 2 more Bruce Lee's that has nothing to do with what fans rreeeeeEEEEEAAAAaaally want (we are hardcore fans, so we are excluded as we'd collect anything bruce lee), unless the license was only for these 3 figures, which would be...weird.

1yr, 3 figures. thats the inventoy done aint it! if its 'true' then what a waste as they could of done some BL thats not been done yet. ie Big Boss

1yr, 3 figures. thats the inventoy done aint it! if its 'true' then what a waste as they could of done some BL thats not been done yet. ie Big Boss

:exactly: I seriously can't understand why both EB and HT are avoiding Big Boss,and specially with these 2 new figures with the same headsculpt,should have been a 1 release.

The casual wear, on the other hand, looks very fitting to me. It seems to fit perfectly somehow and leaves a fine impression.
I agree. I think both of these looks are very cool, though I'm not enough of a BL fan to pick them up at full price. But if I had to choose, it would definitely be the casual outfit, even though it looks a bit funky (in a funk music kind of way).

Guys, i really doubt the head will be 100$, that enterbay thing is history, they were the only one with good 1/6 bruce heads and they had monopoly (and they were rare). But now with ht, head will be around 40-max 50$, and as time goes you could have it for less (talking about ebay prices).

Yeah, part of the price of Enterbay heads was that the figures were so damn expensive to begin with. HT figures will be significantly cheaper, and will probably have more product to satisfy initial demand. Therefore, I don't think the HT heads will cost all that much at least in the short term.

I think Ill part out my extra smiling head for trade, rather than selling it. Cause transferring money to me or me sending money is a bummer with Paypal being banned in our country. And also Western Union here doesnt allow sending money abroad.

all these regulations due to the MASSIVE BLACK MONEY scam in Swiss Banks thats been in the news for months now... ***** politicians and bureaucrats

Paypal is banned in your country? That sucks, since buying on eBay or through the boards must be a serious pain in the butt.

What country are you from, out of curiosity?

Back