UPDATE Man of Steel Superman *Last Post* -Gipetto's Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gipetto's Workshop-(Re)Sculpts & Paint Jobs

Well, although my collection is still dominated by Sideshow stuff, Hot Toys is slowly catching up. And I am definitely starting to compare everything to HT. :(

that's how mine is right now. More SS stuff, but with their prices increasing, I tell myself "well just a few extra bucks I can get a HT figure instead"

a real update finally!!

here's a small teaser of what I got done today. Enjoy :D

BeginsSculpt1.jpg

also finished Joker's hair color
Joker40.jpg

Joker41.jpg

Last edited:

Can't wait to see your Takara finished bud!

And of course Joker looks great.

Looking forward to seeing that Takara done bud! :rock

Great stuff.

Wow !!! the Taka-Bats looks sweet !!! Need to see more.

Can't wait to see your Takara finished bud!

And of course Joker looks great.

Thanks you guys! really means a lot! :hi5::1-1:

Here's my usual 3-shot compilation of the finished sculpt primed, sealed and ready for paint!

I've also beefed up the body thanks to Mags method of using cotton balls. Definitely worked waaay better than foam so thanks a ton man :rock

Here's the pic:
BeginsSculpt_1.jpg

Awesome. :cool:

I will be thinking about sending mine to you...

Thanks buddy! I really like how it looks on the new beefed up body! just need some new boots and it will be perfect! Ed was right in that the medi boots just didn't look right and didn't fit! even with a crap load of the shoe-feet sanded and cut away, they still didn't fit!

But...
If you do decide on sending the head to me, it will have to be closer to the Holiday season when I'm off for break. I just got lucky this weekend with only having to study for a test :yess: so I'm procrastinating with working on Bats :lol

Niiiiiice !!!! the Takara's shape has totally gone.
Any chance to see the body mods ?

Thanks man! And Yep, I'll post some pics a little later after I study a bit. Mind you, they'll be somewhat poor quality b/c all I have Is me phone

Ste, that takara head looks amazing mate! Can't wait to see the finished article. Keep up the good work buddy

and here's the entire guy. I'm not satisfied with the mouth paint, so I'll just repaint that when I do the resculpt of the Bale HS it came with as well as repainting the Medicom Bruce all at the same time so they'll all look the same so to speak. also want/ need to make the nose longer/pointier

but anywhoo, I still like how he came out overall
Begins1.jpg

Begins2.jpg

Begins3.jpg

Begins7.jpg

Begins8.jpg

I really like this next pic :)
Begins6.jpg

^^thanks C-Phan!

I can't wait to test my limits with the Bruce Wayne HS

alrighty guys here's Take 1 at Begins Bale Bruce Wayne. Trust me I know I have some work to do :lol

mostly on the upper lip and between the nose and upper lip area. some chin work too. Once I applied the base white coat, I saw all the flaws. But I like the direction it's going in

Once again. used the Medi mouth as a point of reference, but the way the portion between the upper lip and nose is done gave me that funny look my sculpt has right now. darn you medi batman! :lol

but man Bale is one tough MO-FO to capture all together. The mouth on the Cowl was hard enough

Hope you guys like whats I gots so far

PS He looks like he's squinting, but he's not, just the iris' on the eyes just won't stop showing through the white so now he looks squintish for some reason :dunno
BW2.jpg

BW4.jpg

and some shots of my good lad, Aragorn

I can't seem to capture him like he is in hand :( :gah:

but IMO he looks a lot like Viggo in hand :rock

SAM_1145.jpg

SAM_1148.jpg

SAM_1153.jpg

the best eyes I've painted next to Anakin's Sith eyes

SAM_1156.jpg

SAM_1158.jpg

SAM_1149.jpg

Bale looks great so far mate, is that a sculpt from scratch or a modified sculpt? Keep up the good work

Back