Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait that long....and going by the recent pics, I will have to cancel. I don't see it as a flash or lighting issue. This is a serious paint issue that SSC did.

Ok I'm not too happy with the paint either but that's just based on one reg pic
We will see...

Not too worried since I can turn around and send him right back if its a turd

but you are going to lose the shipping fee though? For me it's $30 shipping to ny, and probably $40 (without their shipping discount) to ship back. So that's $70 right out the window for no reason.

I have made a couple of flex payments already. I guess I will wait a few more days and see some more pics before makeing the call to cancel, but as of right now I would have to say that this is not what I was expecting. I might as well wait anyway, it sounds like sideshow will be bombarded first thing in the morning with a few upset customers.

I think the silver color choice was bad. It should have been darker like the prototype. The light silver looks almost white and makes it look too much like plastic. The red-orange should have had some yellow fade in the center, too. Just bad color choices and execution by the factory and only Sideshow is to blame. They are the ones who approved the AP. With that said, I'd love to have a go at repainting one of these. The sculpt is bad ass.

I can't support SSC on there QC issues anymore. I was not happy with Rogue, Destroyer & Bison PFs. I took the bullet and accepted them. If I continue to do it, SSC will never get the message. I hope I am not the only one making a stance on this. With rising prices & NRDs, this can nolonger be tolerated.:mad:

What happened with Destroyer?

I guess from now on we can't trust pics SSC post of their to be released items

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Orange Bars are truly bad painting

Sideshow take us for fools

Great%20Ultron%20PF%20A_2.png

9192655e.jpg

All Prototype pics with light

Looks more like a melted snickers bar :wink1:

Anyone have the faintest idea as to how much it would cost for Ultron to be painted the way the proto looks like?

$300 for a statue plus shipping & taxes, then some more for repainting.
:yess:

So I just checked out the video, and I'm still letdown. :(

The sculpt is AMAZING, but that paint app....What happened? I'll try to reserve what little hope I have left for more in-hand pics, but I'm really just letdown. Like what many have said, I wish the 'chrome' silver paint was darker and the orange 'glowing' paint just missed the mark, for me anyways.

So I just checked out the video, and I'm still letdown. :(

The sculpt is AMAZING, but that paint app....What happened? I'll try to reserve what little hope I have left for more in-hand pics, but I'm really just letdown. Like what many have said, I wish the 'chrome' silver paint was darker and the orange 'glowing' paint just missed the mark, for me anyways.

You got this on order Chap?

Hey guys the video great ultron PF is mine btw (tedan628), and big thx to master Q n midtown comics for making this vid available for everyone.

My verdict is after seeing it..i m more dissapointed than happy looking at the paint job. Looks bland and missing out the WOW factor.

I m hoping I can find a local painter to fix it up for me. Or maybe when i get the excl i m just gonna keep it....i dunno..i invested money alrdy on this piece n at least i can display him next to cap PF.

You got this on order Chap?

Nope. One of the few that actually tempted me when originally unveiled for pre-order though. The sculpt and pose are crazy good looking, but this issue lately with final products looking drastically different than prototypes, I just don't get 'wow'd' like I used to. Of course, rising prices and QC issues don't help matters either. I just won't pull 'the trigger' anymore. I can't handle anymore 'surprises' like these. :(

How about you?

:yuck

This isn't what I ordered. The contrast level seems high in the video but as it stands this looks ____ house. :mad:

Nope. One of the few that actually tempted me when originally unveiled for pre-order though. The sculpt and pose are crazy good looking, but this issue lately with final products looking drastically different than prototypes, I just don't get 'wow'd' like I used to. Of course, rising prices and QC issues don't help matters either. I just won't pull 'the trigger' anymore. I can't handle anymore 'surprises' like these. :(

How about you?

Unfortunately I do. I'm still a bit "trigger-happy" but with these past releases, I'll probably be more selective.

Back