UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I wasnt trying to come off as a know it all, so Im saying my sorrys now. Im just Jose Also nut hugger and most of the guys from Nova Uniao.

I do agree tho, its MMA anything can happen and thats what makes this sport awesome.

Missed them maybe I can find them somewhere, win or lose hope Barnett pissed clean, would like to see him iun the UFC fighting eventually.

Missed them maybe I can find them somewhere, win or lose hope Barnett pissed clean, would like to see him iun the UFC fighting eventually.

Thought Dana went on the record and said he's a perma no for ufc. He's like a Nick Diaz...."if he would just play the game a little bit"

Thought Dana went on the record and said he's a perma no for ufc. He's like a Nick Diaz...."if he would just play the game a little bit"

Barnett has stopped saying "Dana White is a piece of ____" in every interview like he used to do, thought he was playing the game at this point, lol. :rotfl

Cormier is no joke. I'm a Barnett fan but he couldn't do much damage since he couldn't get him on the ground. He almost had Coroners knee or heel though.

Barnett has stopped saying "Dana White is a piece of ____" in every interview like he used to do, thought he was playing the game at this point, lol. :rotfl

Both Daniel and Josh will be in UFC. Josh and Dana made up a long time ago. Winner gets 1 more fight in Strikeforce (not sure why) loser goes immediately to UFC. Regardless its going to be interesting to see them in the UFC and see if they can change up the division.

I remember reading somewhere that Daniel said he would not fight Cain and if it came to that would drop down to light heavy so again its going to be interesting. Overall some good fights.

I remember reading somewhere that Daniel said he would not fight Cain and if it came to that would drop down to light heavy so again its going to be interesting. Overall some good fights.

That would be very interesting. Cormier does very well in the Heavies despite being a smaller guy, would love to see him wrecking some ____ in LHW.

Winner gets 1 more fight in Strikeforce (not sure why) loser goes immediately to UFC.

You sure about that? SF doesn't have any more HW's under contract. Unless the UFC plans to send someone over. :dunno

I remember reading somewhere that Daniel said he would not fight Cain and if it came to that would drop down to light heavy

Interesting, because from everything I've read about and from him, that's impossible. The reason he's fighting at HW right now is because he suffered significant kidney damage from all his years of weight cutting for wrestling. So I don't think dropping to LHW is even an option unless he physically drops down to 205. Which would put him at a serious disadvantage against the other 205'ers who routinely come into fights at 220 and up.

You sure about that? SF doesn't have any more HW's under contract. Unless the UFC plans to send someone over. :dunno

Interesting, because from everything I've read about and from him, that's impossible. The reason he's fighting at HW right now is because he suffered significant kidney damage from all his years of weight cutting for wrestling. So I don't think dropping to LHW is even an option unless he physically drops down to 205. Which would put him at a serious disadvantage against the other 205'ers who routinely come into fights at 220 and up.

Ouch, thats signifigantly ____ty. Too bad for Cormier. :(

DC himself roughly said the same thing, he doesnt know who else there is to fight so hes not sure why they would make the winner fight one more time in SF as opposed to going straight to the UFC's brackets. Which Josh will be doing. Kinda seems like if anything the loser should have stayed back and fought 1 more...kinda stupid if you ask me.
https://mmajunkie.com/news/28774/st...ts-next-after-tourney-barnett-doesnt-care.mma

As for the weight issue I heard 2 different stories, first I heard what you heard, that he wasnt really down for dropping weight due to certain issues he had, but I think when the thought of coming to the UFC became an actual option, he started saying if that does happen he wouldnt fight Cain and he said he would drop. I think its going to come down to the mighty dollar as to what makes his decision.

I think they have to have one more HW fight due to the Strikeforce contract with Showtime. There was some odd stuff going on when Overeem came over to the UFC. Only HW out there that can draw anymore is Fedor but he is fighting friggin Pedro Rizzo in what will be Fedors final fight. Damn, sad end to Fedor, who IMO is one of the best HW fighters ever.

I think they have to have one more HW fight due to the Strikeforce contract with Showtime.

Just read this: It's not in their contract, it was just a verbal promise Zuffa made to Showtime. To highlight the GP winner in one more fight before dissolving the HW division. Looks like Barnett will be getting another fight in SF as well. :lol

Also, in case no one noticed this (I didn't at first either) Cormier not only won the SF HW GP, he also won the vacant SF HW title.

Just read this: It's not in their contract, it was just a verbal promise Zuffa made to Showtime. To highlight the GP winner in one more fight before dissolving the HW division. Looks like Barnett will be getting another fight in SF as well. :lol

Also, in case no one noticed this (I didn't at first either) Cormier not only won the SF HW GP, he also won the vacant SF HW title.

Barnett and Cormier both have broken hands. May take a long time for that last HW fight to happen. Man how good would the Overeem vs Dos santos fight be this weekend if itd happened? Now stuck with Mir fighting for the belt again. I just dont like him for some reason. Granted the UFCs HW division isnt to good right now.

Back