UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You realize that Penn is one of the best BJJ martial artists in the world? Ground and pound.......? Yeah, if you can ground and pound while you're unconscious or tapping out, maybe. :cool:

Yup, I know all about the Prodigy thanks.:D

He had two losses in his "return to fighting" in the UFC and didn't exactly seem to be living up to his reputation. It is also well known that BJ learned and suceeded at martial arts quite quickly (and impressively) but doesn't particularly like to train for fights on the same level as many many other fighters, hence my comments about him showing up in shape. Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for what he has done in the ring as a fighter. But lets face it, the guy doesn't always exactly show up ripped and ready. Flexible as hell with heavy hands though, he can submit you or knock you out, I give him all the credit in the world for that.

BJ is one of my favorite fighters. His biggest problem is his conditioning. But he's fun to watch. He's great on the ground, got good standup, great takedown defense, complete fighter, except conditioning. Theres not to many well rounded fighters like him.

You realize that Penn is one of the best BJJ martial artists in the world? Ground and pound.......? Yeah, if you can ground and pound while you're unconscious or tapping out, maybe. :cool:

Thats true bro, but theres always a guy out there that is better

Two things. Bj spends some time up in Norcal where I live working out at a local dojo. A cowoker's son is going,when he turns 18 to Hawaii to work with BJ. This kids is a stud wrestler at a local HS. Second does anyone here practice mma?

Two things. Bj spends some time up in Norcal where I live working out at a local dojo. A cowoker's son is going,when he turns 18 to Hawaii to work with BJ. This kids is a stud wrestler at a local HS. Second does anyone here practice mma?

yes for the past 7 years. you?

Yes, boxing and weaponless defense/ground fighting. Mostly used during my job. Love to watch. I've had a couple of low level fighters come and stay with me-work related-the real ones tend to be more soft spoken than some of the pretenders running around with Tapout stickers on there trucks. No offense if you have one-just see to many turds out there.

I practice MMA, but I'm more focused on the wrestling. Been wrestling for about 9 years, but more BJJ and wrestling than straight up mma.

Yes, boxing and weaponless defense/ground fighting. Mostly used during my job. Love to watch. I've had a couple of low level fighters come and stay with me-work related-the real ones tend to be more soft spoken than some of the pretenders running around with Tapout stickers on there trucks. No offense if you have one-just see to many turds out there.

hahah i know what you mean. i dont own any merchandise like that, but i see alot of that on people's big trucks and t-shirts etc. it is kind of funny.

hahah i know what you mean. i dont own any merchandise like that, but i see alot of that on people's big trucks and t-shirts etc. it is kind of funny.

In my experience, the guy who walks around in a plain white t-shirt, is soft spoken and polite is the guy who will beat your ass. Not the idiot wearing the UFC shirt, hat, bumper sticker and tapout shorts (not that those things aren't awesome of course)

When is Rampage's next fight?

And UFC should've signed Kimbo Slice

Rampage is going to fight Forrest Griffin at the end of the next season of Ultimate Fighter. They'll both be coaching.

:horror

I knew Griffin was one of the coaches, but didn't know the other. That is awesomeness right there. I didn't even know they were in the same weight class though.

:horror

I knew Griffin was one of the coaches, but didn't know the other. That is awesomeness right there. I didn't even know they were in the same weight class though.

Yup, they're both light heavyweights, 205 pounds.

That Fedor Choi fight was more a publicity stunt than anything else and ended exactly as everyone predicted, take down and submission. I think the only chance Choi had of winning was if he fell too hard on Fedor during the take down.:lol

The problem with the Randy / Fedor fight is that Randy's contract with the UFC called for 4 fights in 18 months. Randy says after 18 months his contract is up and he is free to fight elsewhere. Dana White says Randy still owes two more fights to the UFC.

Randy has stated publicly that Dana "can't make him fight". A prolonged lawsuit could prevent him from fighting though, and as much as it will suck for all us fans waiting for the big fight, you know damn well Dana white is going to file a breach of contract suit if Randy tries to fight for another organization.

I honestly dont know whats going on with Randy/Dana at all. THis was all news to me.
But when these guys start hitting the big time, theyre all dumb if they dont hire their own lawyer to review their contracts prior to signing anything.

didn't think it deserved a new thread but anyone getting the roy jones, jr./trinidad fight tonight?

Back