UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So BJ Penn just choked out Stevenson like I predicted. good day in hawaii, i'll drink to that! :chew

So BJ Penn just choked out Stevenson like I predicted. good day in hawaii, i'll drink to that! :chew

wait a minute, i think i was a little lacking in my evaluation of the fight...let me rephrase that.

BJ Penn ANNIHILATED Joe Stevenson.

I didnt realize it was an afternoon PPV.
I actually had people coming over to watch it and when I went to double check the card, I saw the results already posted ... :monkey4

Don't forget, UFC Fight Night Live is on tonight - 01/23/2008 9pm ET/PT

Re-Airs: Wednesday, 1/23 at 12 am, Saturday, 1/26 at 6 pm, Tuesday, 1/29 at 10 pm

Mike Swick Vs. Josh Burkman
Patrick Cote Vs. Drew McFedries
Alvin Robinson Vs. Nate Diaz
Michihiro Omigawa Vs. Thiago Tavares

*May not be broadcast:
Alberto Crane Vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Dennis Siver Vs. Gray Maynard
Jeremy Stephens Vs. Cole Miller
Joe Veres Vs. Corey Hill
Justin Buchholz Vs. Matt Wiman

*Fights labeled as "may not be broadcast" are scheduled to take place before the live broadcast begins. These pre-recorded fights are inserted into the broadcast if time permits. However, due to broadcast time constraints some of these undercard bouts may not be seen on a broadcast. These additional bouts can be found as bonus footage on the event DVD.

thanks for the heads up!

Im working late tonite so I need to log into my TIVO account and set my Tivo to record this.

thanks again :rock

I met Chuck today at his 1st book signing. Talked with him a bit. He's really a nice down to earth guy. He thanked me, shook my hand and signed a few things I brought:

DSC00465_800x600.JPG

DSC00468_800x600.JPG

My haul:

DSC00469_800x600.JPG

so what chance does Brock Lesner have tomorrow night?

I don't know, he is a freaking tank, but he's unproven in the UFC. Don't know if Mir is 100% back after his accident. I would like to see him try an arm bar on Lesner and see Lesner overpower Mir's whole body with one arm :rotfl:rotfl

so what chance does Brock Lesner have tomorrow night?

Here's my take...

All depends how much Lesner trained anti-submissions. Regardless of his "real" wrestling background, if Lesner is unprepared and Mir drops to his guard, it's all over for the Brockulator.

Stand-up i'll give to Lesner if Mir is unable to utilize his leg kicks due to his prior leg injury.

Here's my take...

All depends how much Lesner trained anti-submissions. Regardless of his "real" wrestling background, if Lesner is unprepared and Mir drops to his guard, it's all over for the Brockulator.

Stand-up i'll give to Lesner if Mir is unable to utilize his leg kicks due to his prior leg injury.

that's what i'm thinking too. i think i'm going to get this PPV tomorrow.

Mir's not even close to being the fighter he once was, prior to his accident. Lesner will finish him off in the first round.

Frank Mir is one of my fave fighters to watch in the UFC. I predict 2nd round submission.

Mir's not even close to being the fighter he once was, prior to his accident. Lesner will finish him off in the first round.

Like i said, it all depends on how well Lesner trained submissions. I'll take Mir at 75% health/skill over an ill-trained Lesner.

Back