UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lesner is a safe bet for this fight. I havent seen Frank Mir look good in a fight in a few years, and I dont see this as a big "come back" fight for him. Not to mention Lesner is a FREAKIN' POWER HOUSE, and I see Mir having trouble controlling Brock, even if it goes to the ground.

Though Frank Mir submissions at 50% are still a lot better than many fighters at 100%, and given Lesners inexperience in the octagon Mir could get him in a quick submission and end it.

I think it pretty much a toss up.

Like i said, it all depends on how well Lesner trained submissions. I'll take Mir at 75% health/skill over an ill-trained Lesner.

Frankly, I dont see the big guy even attempting submissions. At most he probably learned submission defense. But he's just too bulky and big to be effective on the ground at submissions with world class fighters. We all know lesner's game is going to be stand-up/ground and pound. Mir just has to control him on the ground and that's the end of it.

wasnt Lesner a National Champion wrestler in High school or college or something?

yeah I cant wait for this.
been at work all day... still here.

need to watch some ass-whoopn.... :monkey1

thanks for the vids..

I called both big fights at a party where we watched it.

For Lesnar/Mir, I just thought Frank seemed really motivated and was the smarter fighter with more skills to draw upon.

It was hairy there for a while. Brock is a monster. I hope he keeps at it.

I picked Nogueira over Sylvia, and was sticking with my pick late into the second round, even after Sylvia was doing such a good job avoiding the takedowns. Like Tim said afterwards, Nogueira seems to get the crap kicked out of him for the first ten minutes, until his opponent makes that one mistake.

Good fights tonight.

when i saw mir grab lesner's leg I knew it was over but before that he was kicking mir's ass badly. i'm looking forward to seeing brock continue to grow as a ufc fighter.

If Brock can learn to slow down and think a bit more, he could be a threat. Congrats to Mir, they may as well give him a title shot. The heavy weight devision is so empty right, no reason not to put Mir in a title fight. Give Lesnar credit for stepping in the octagon with a former world champ for his 1st UFC fight.

Silvia sucks, I still dont think he is much more than a good puncher. Beyond that he has never impressed me.

wasnt Lesner a National Champion wrestler in High school or college or something?

Lesnar was a national champion heavyweight wreslter from Minnesota. I personally thought Mir got SOOOOOOOOOOO lucky in that fight. When the ref stopped Lesnar's hammer fists because MIR turned his head and got hit in the back of the head, not Lesnar actually trying ot hit him in the back of the head. Mir would have lost right there IMO if the ref didn't break it up right there. Right before Mir grabbed Lesnar's leg, everybody watching it where I was knew lesnar left himself open for a leg lock. Once he improves his submission defense, he will really be a force to be reckoned with.

Personally, I don't understand why the UFC would put Lesnar against a mainly submission guy when Lesnar seems like a ground and pound guy. Mir/Lesnar really don't match and wouldn't have put up as good a fight as Lesnar and another striker.

Personally, I don't understand why the UFC would put Lesnar against a mainly submission guy when Lesnar seems like a ground and pound guy. Mir/Lesnar really don't match and wouldn't have put up as good a fight as Lesnar and another striker.

i was wondering why they started him off with a submission guy with so much experience too, should have been more patient with letting him get experience. he'll be back and I'm with you, I'm looking forward to seeing him fight again.

Really Looking forward to seeing the PPV number$. Just how much of the Pro Wrestling crowd do you think Brock drew in?

anyone up for some Elite XE on Showtime? It's no UFC but it's MMA fighting and that works for me and I love watching Kimbo Slice fight.

I'd like to see the boxing match between Pavlik/Taylor but I'll wait and watch it free next week on HBO...and keep my ears closed to the outcome till then.

anyone up for some Elite XE on Showtime? It's no UFC but it's MMA fighting and that works for me and I love watching Kimbo Slice fight.

I'd like to see the boxing match between Pavlik/Taylor but I'll wait and watch it free next week on HBO...and keep my ears closed to the outcome till then.

I was hoping that a buddy of mine was going to get the Pavlik/Taylor fight so I could watch it for free; or at least pay half, but I don't think he's going to like the first one :monkey2:monkey2 Never watched Elite XE, but Kimbo Slice is the biggest mother :censored I've ever seen and I can't believe anybody would actually want to fight him.

Back