Tutorial On Dyeing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I strated thinking but I already bought a Sam:monkey2. I can return him to SS but I'll lose the GC I used.

Thanks for the excellent breakdown, Pix! :rock

I "think" I've got most that I need, but I'll have to double-check when I get home.

Actually, I know that I'm missing "2" Frodo jackets, though. (for Bilbo and Pippin)

I wish I had picked up a loose pair from Toy Anxiety when I had a chance... :(

Pix, can't you use Frodo's shirt for Pippin?

I see on your list that you used 2x Sam shirts for both Merry and Pippin.

I was thinking Sam for Merry, and Frodo for Pippin. Would that work?

Oh yeah. In fact I modified Sam's shirt to look like Frodo's. I used my actual Frodo shirt for Bilbo. :D

and yeah basically Frodo = Pippin and Sam = Merry (at least that was my plan initially) but as you can see it turned out I used more Frodo parts on Merry and Sam parts for Pippin. :lol

I just want to clarify for myself as I haven't got all these parts yet and I want to make sure I don't double-up...

Here was my original plan on the basics -- let me know if this is correct:

MERRY:

Frodo JACKET
Frodo VEST
Sam SHIRT
Either PANTS

PIPPIN:

Frodo JACKET (although I'm still looking for one that needs no modding)
Frodo SHIRT
Either PANTS
Custom SCARF

Not counting belts and swords and cloaks and such.

That will work, right?

So I'd need 2x Frodo jacket is all. And a Sam just for the pants, shirt, and maybe some gear.

I already have Sam in hand. So I take it I'll need an ex Frodo and a regular Frodo. Is there anyway I can sub another Sam for the regular Frodo and be okay? Or would that just cause me more work?

King.....try your grocery store for the Rit, our Kroger store here carries it.

It would be a start and you would have the Hobbit bodies and thats the most important. Like I said you only need Frodo mostly for two reasons: 1) Sting and Scabbard and 2) his jacket.

I wonder if the Sam coat can be turned into Pippins? It would need the lapels but it wouldn't need to be trimmed at the bottom.

All I really have around here is a WalMart Walgreens and some grocery stores. I will check out a couple other places tomorrow.

So Pix if I buy a second Frodo and Sam can I send them to you and have you do this? I could pay of course but I know I won't be able to make it look that good.

Back