Tutorial On Dyeing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both Frodo's arrived today and I already have Sam. Those three plus the Orc head from Boromir which arrived last night will be on their way to you soon Pix.

Can I use Frodo's pants instead of Sam's for the Bilbo kit-bash? I really don't want to purchase another item if I can avoid it.

Yes Sam's pants work fine for Bilbo (and are in fact what my Bilbo wears).:duff

Has anyone figured out anything to do for Merry's cloak.

I was going to use Sam's or Frodo's cloak but neither of them take to grey very well so I am on the lookout for the right material. I let everyone know when I find it.

Still ok. Bilbo's pants are black so Frodo's pants are still a color that will stick just fine. :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want me to dye Sam's cloak into Pippin's please DO NOT FORGET to include it with the jackets and pants and vests.

Just thought I should bump this recpie.

Here is a complete breakdown of exactly what I have done:

Blue came from Ex. Frodo
Green came from Sam1
Red came from Sam2
Purple came from Toy Anxiety

MERRY

1) Sam's Shirt
2) Frodo's Vest (color removed, bleached, and dyed Rit Golden Yellow)
3) Frodo's Pants
4) Frodo's Jacket (lapels altered to be longer like actual costume and dyed Rit Dark Green)
5) Frodo's Weather Top sword and Scabbard
6) Ex. Frodo's Body

PIPPIN

1) Sam's Shirt (with collar altered to be shorter like Frodo's)
2) Sam's Pants (with color removed, bleached, and dyed Rit Dark Green)
3) Frodo's Jacket (altered to be shorter like actual costume prop and had color removed, then bleached, and dyed Rit Teal)
4) Sam's Cloak (color removed, bleached, and dyed Rit Cocoa Brown)
5) Sam's Weathertop sword and scabbard
6) Sam1's Body

Bilbo

1) Frodo's shirt
2) TB Bilbo Red Vest
3) Sam's Pants (dyed Rit Black)
4) Frodo's Jacket (dyed Dark Green)
5) TB Bilbo's back pack, Redbook of Westmarch, and sleep roll)
6) Frodo Sting and Scabbard
7) TB Bilbo Headsculpt
8) Sam2's Body

I hope that makes it clearer. :duff

IMGP2374.JPG

I am waiting for all of my hobbits to arrive and I plan to ship them off to be dyed. Cant wait to have a headless Merry and Pippin.

You know?... everytime I see this thread title I always think it's a "tutorial on how to die". :lol

Step 1: put gun in mouth

Step 2: Pull trigger.
161246559546686fcece1cayg4.gif

You are now dead, have a nice day. :D

ok found it. :lol

Your list of stuff you are sending looks right, but you don't need to send the pants for Merry since they are the exact same color as Frodo's, so no dye is needed. :duff

Back