Tutorial On Dyeing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to use Frodo's shirt for Merry/Pippin instead of Sam's? According to the above tutorial, both Merry and Pippin use Sam's shirt, but I really don't want to buy another shirt if I can help it.:eek:

Shoot I didn't notice that. I have 1 sam coming and 2 Frodo's. So yeah I don't want to buy a second Sam. So I'll just use Frodo's shirt of Frodo 2.

Honestly, Frodo shirt is passable as Merry, you'll just need to futz with it a bit. I just tried,. it looked fine for Merry.

Honestly, Frodo shirt is passable as Merry, you'll just need to futz with it a bit. I just tried,. it looked fine for Merry.

I was just trying to think what futzing I would have to do. Shouldn't be real hard to make it accurate I wouldn't think. Can I ask for that to be added to the list for things when they arrive? :lol

With the whole dyeing clothing thing. Does anyone think they would be willing to do this for members. Like a bunch of us could send you the clothing we needed dyed and then one person could do a bunch of them and we could chip in some money for their time and expenses. Im just not sure I will be able to do this and I dont want to screw it up and Im sure there are some others like me. Anyway just a thought and if anyone would be willing to dye the clothing for me please let me know your price for doing so.

I am doing dying for a few guys in here. PM me and we'll work something out. It would be easier and cheaper for me to to all the dyeing in one sitting.

I bought my last Frodos today so I can now should have them soon to send off. I need to still find a Gandalf pouch staff and one more Sam shirt.

So is there a comprehensive list of all the pieces that need to be dyed.

Also has anyone come up with anything on Merrys cloak yet?

Last edited:
There is a complete recipe in here (the color coded one... I can't remember where I posted it.. if someone could help me out here).

Per merry's cloak, I am on the look out for adequate material since Frodo's green cloak won't work. My mother in law is going to alter the design of Frodo's slightly and I'll post the results here when its done.

There is a complete recipe in here (the color coded one... I can't remember where I posted it.. if someone could help me out here).

Per merry's cloak, I am on the look out for adequate material since Frodo's green cloak won't work. My mother in law is going to alter the design of Frodo's slightly and I'll post the results here when its done.

So I looked at the list and I think the following is all that we need to have altered

3X Frodo's Jacket (Dark Green, Teal, Dark Green)
1X Sam's Shirt (altered collar)
2X Sam's Pants (Dark Green, Black)
1X Sam's Cloak (Cocoa Brown)
1X Frodo’s Vest (Golden Yellow)

That doesnt really sound to bad. Pix will you also do alterations on the clothes too. I dont know how to sow.

Anyway would it be possible to use a pair of Frodo pants in place of one pair of Sam Pants.

I am trying to with what I have left over make a Two Towers Frodo and Sam.

I will now own 2 Exclusive Frodos 3 Exclusive Sams and 2 Regular Frodos

I also now have a ton of Lembas bread.

Back