Tupuxuara - Pterodactyl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
223552_1740299903857_1129456954_2617611_7264623_n.jpg

Sideshow Tupuxuara and CollectA Hatzegopteryx .

Yeah, as a huge Dean Martin fan, it kills me that I have to reference Frank Sinatra for people to have a clue who I mean. Hmm...in honor of this conversation I think I'm gonna change my sig...

So we get 4 pieces a year on average in the Dinosauria line..always a mixture of maquettes and VS pieces..we know we have 3 maquettes this year..anyone want to speculate on just what the one VS Dio will be ?

I'm going to head WAY out and say it will be a herbivore only piece..two ceratopsians locking horns, two Brachiosaurs clashing necks ( like modern giraffes ) or a hadrosaur fight.

I knew it would be perfect, I'm a huge Sinatra fan and that song immediately sprang to mind. Now I just need to think of something for the Apatosaurus. Someone already suggested Audrey Hepburn, on account of her long neck. :lol

Of those three, a ceratopsian duel seems most likely. I don't think I've even seen the others depicted in 2-D art. But remember, we still have yet to see their promised marine reptile.

Aye, but if it's a VS Dio it could be a Elasmosaur VS Tylosaur or Pliosaur..a classic..or maybe one snatching at a Pteranodon ? Satisfy two fan bases at once. Either works for me..though honestly I would prefer a Tylosaurus maquette as our marine reptile..if you can even still call them that what with possibly being warm-blooded and all. :?

The original names are often incompatible with recent research, it doesn't really matter.

Also, this Tupuxuara seems to be the fastest Dinosauria statue to sell out, if I'm not mistaken. That would be a good sign, and possibly an indicator that we'll see more small-scale pieces in the future.

Oh yes, especially since a hatchling could be 1:1 and not too expensive. My money's on baby Rexes.

Also, received an update from David Krentz today. He's getting some more casts of those sold-out popular species for my shop! I'm hoping this means your Einiosaurus will be among them, Chris. Maybe even one for me. I'd be thrilled enough with just the Antediluvians, of course. :lol

Oh yes, especially since a hatchling could be 1:1 and not too expensive. My money's on baby Rexes.

Also, received an update from David Krentz today. He's getting some more casts of those sold-out popular species for my shop! I'm hoping this means your Einiosaurus will be among them, Chris. Maybe even one for me. I'd be thrilled enough with just the Antediluvians, of course. :lol

Here's hoping ! ;D I have just the place for him too.. :)

I think your right..and it had no exclusive version either..guess that proves price matters quite a bit...lol

I'd like to see more Pterosaurs in a similar scaled piece..maybe a baby dino or two ?

This one had a smaller ES too, since the others had a combination of 500-700 pieces between the EX and Regular ES. The price is very enticing though.

I ordered mine from CornerStoreComics the other day, but they still show it as Pre-order. Hopefully, it will be shipping soon.

You should have ordered from Dan..you would have had it already bud !

This did have a smaller number. I honestly haven't seen one EX that tempted me to the point I NEEDED it really you know ? If the exclusives were more than skulls...I still think the Apato could come have come with a juvenile..I would have jumped on that.

You should have ordered from Dan..you would have had it already bud !

No worries, I'm not in a hurry. I've ordered from CSC before and sometimes they have slight delays, but normally come through (plus I love to save the money, which gets tough to do in this hobby).

No worries, I'm not in a hurry. I've ordered from CSC before and sometimes they have slight delays, but normally come through (plus I love to save the money, which gets tough to do in this hobby).

Very true. But I have admit, I've always bought from Dan and he is quite competitive on his pricing. ;)

Last edited:
Back