TRUE BLOOD - on HBO - SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHhhhHH!

what a good episode, they really made up for skipping last weekend

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm way too excited for next weekend haha
I literelly gasped when she
Spoiler Spoiler:
:horror

Damn, guess I was wrong,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Jason just looked right with the RPG!!

Cannot wait for the next episode!!

And it was cool to see Ed Quinn from Eureka as one of the head vampires!!

Damn, guess I was wrong,

Spoiler Spoiler:

And it was cool to see Ed Quinn from Eureka as one of the head vampires!!

First I think we did away with the need for spoiler tags in this thread didnt we?

Second, I wonder if MaryAnn is the head Were-centaur thing...but its like Vampires and they can make others. Daphne has the scratches on her back and she isnt dead so she might be one too.

Further, I am fairly convinced that MaryAnn is a Satyr from greek mythology. They were often associated with sex drive and other physical pleasures. They were considered minor dieties (or at liest the lead Satyr was). They resemble the God Pan AND the creature we saw on TB with goat like horns and the lower torso of a goat...

584px-Villacasale03.jpg

Only issue is that female Satyrs existed and had feminine forms. The creatur in TB seemed masuline...not that it really matters...just makes me wonder. Is it possible that eggs or her butler is a male Satyr?

First I think we did away with the need for spoiler tags in this thread didnt we?

Second, I wonder if MaryAnn is the head Were-centaur thing...but its like Vampires and they can make others. Daphne has the scratches on her back and she isnt dead so she might be one too.

Further, I am fairly convinced that MaryAnn is a Satyr from greek mythology. They were often associated with sex drive and other physical pleasures. They were considered minor dieties (or at liest the lead Satyr was). They resemble the God Pan AND the creature we saw on TB with goat like horns and the lower torso of a goat...

584px-Villacasale03.jpg

Only issue is that female Satyrs existed and had feminine forms. The creatur in TB seemed masuline...not that it really matters...just makes me wonder. Is it possible that eggs or her butler is a male Satyr?
I think you've nailed it man, she did mention something about the Pan in an earlier episode and how humans always thought gods were not sexually accessible or something like that.

It's also possible that MaryAnn is actually a MAENAD. A female follower of Dionysis (God of wine/pleasure). Both Maenad's and Satyrs were minions of a sort to Dionysis. Which means its possible that MaryAnn is the Maenad and someone else is the Saytr....didnt Eggs say to Tara in the previews "me and MaryAnn look out for each other"?

Also, Dionysis I believe was symbolized by the pig (representing the feast) AND he had a pig that had the ability to change water into wine! SOO...does that explain the giant pig??

Another great episode. I can't wait to find out more about Barry the bellboy. Vampires must look pretty hard to employ people who can read minds.

Seeing Barry the Bellboy having the same power as Sookie was kind of interesting. Seems, that she's not so unique after all. I was actually wondering if they were going to introduce someone like her eventually, didn't think it was going to happen so soon though.

Initially thought Mary Anne was some sort of succubus, but now that you guys have posted a bunch of creatures, it gets interesting. don't think it will be exactly one of those, but probably take some aspects from a bunch of different creatures.

Thought Jason was totally going to bone the head chick (can't remember her name) when she was dancing around and in his bedroom :lol Seems like a showdown between Jason and the Church vs Sookie and the vamps....Interesting.

Obviously, the new chick at the bar got mauled by Mary Anne and let the poison infect her, maybe Mary Anne is controlling her to get her involved with Sam. Could explain how she knows what Sam is and why she wants to get involved with. She tried with Sookie, but she was saved, so Mary Anne went with someone else. I wonder why the VooDoo chick died wen she got mauled, but the other chick survived...Interesting.....

I wonder why the VooDoo chick died wen she got mauled, but the other chick survived...Interesting.....

The creature's attack paralyzes the victim. Voodoo woman died cause, while paralyzed, someone else came along and cut out her heart. That's how it sounded in the autopsy room scene anyway.

The creature's attack paralyzes the victim. Voodoo woman died cause, while paralyzed, someone else came along and cut out her heart. That's how it sounded in the autopsy room scene anyway.

True, but I thought that Mary Anne was going to take her Heart. Didn't they say that the heart was ripped out by hand/claws that matched the marks on her back. So that would mean that Mary Anne did it right?????

True, but I thought that Mary Anne was going to take her Heart. Didn't they say that the heart was ripped out by hand/claws that matched the marks on her back. So that would mean that Mary Anne did it right?????

NO, they said the claw marks were claw marks but the heart was surgically removed with a knife. The Sheriff joked that it was a human/animal collaboration.

Also, in the book Maryann is specifically a Maenad according to a friend of mine thats reading the books. I'm not 100% convinced that Maryann is the beast from the forest....I think the beast is loyal to or working with Maryann. Although if she can shift at will she could easily claw to paralyze, shift to human form and cut heart out with knife.

This is a SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER ALERT. Descriptions for the rest of the episodes listed below

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back