Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220212_182053.jpg
20220212_180736.jpg
20220212_181049.jpg
20220212_181042.jpg
20220212_182053.jpg

Redid my 2018 and happier with it now. Does anyone have and tips for the best type of glue to use when hairing 1:6 sculpts?, I'm using a gel super glue at the moment and whilst the results are decent enough for me I'm wondering if there's anything better suited.
20220214_211125.jpg
20220214_211147.jpg
20220214_211222.jpg

Received the Accessory Set this morning.

First thing I noticed on opening the box lid was that the coveralls looked quite green. Taking them out they look a very dark green-grey. But they do change in the light. The problem is that the material is very reflective depending how the light hits them. Under a lamp they're mid-grey with a tinge of green, but as they move out of the light they become more green. Not as much as in the photo on the back of the box, but a lot closer than I was expecting.

The pumpkin looks good. When I pulled the tab off the batteries the light came on and stayed on, and the switch did nothing. There was light escaping through the joining seam so I pressed the two halves of the pumpkin together. The light went off, and now only comes on when the switch is pressed. Is it meant to stay on after the being switched on? I'll have to open it up and see if the batteries are seated correctly, because the back cover is sticking out at the top.

The telephone is a nice, sharp sculpt, with quite a convincing finish.

As people have said, the tombstone could do with a black wash to bring out the lettering, But it's probably pretty accurate to the film as is:

halloweensteen.jpg

It just has a very smooth, resin look about it. In the photo on the back of the box it looked more like stone.

The Bob sheet is still glued to the face and ears. Where they cut the eye holes means that the longer ends of the sheet hang to the sides rather than directly in the middle as they should. I don't know if I can drawn one of the longer corners to the middle convincingly, but the wires make futzing it a nightmare. The material is also very elastic.

Now I have to decide whether to use the 'green' coveralls on my blue '78, or with the sheet, that is if the sheet's any good at all after ungluing it, and possibly removing the wires.

Regardless of any colour issues I'm really liking the tailoring of these new coveralls. They're much more like those on the 2018 figure, if not better.

The biggest improvement over the '78 release is that the legs aren't so baggy, and didn't require any futzing at all to get rid of any excess bagging. The colour looks good too. It's definitely more green than grey,

This was a straight swap onto the Soldier Story bodied figure that I'd raised the height on. My '78 matches James Jude Courtney's height to keep the character uniform with the 2018. Even though quite a bit of height was added by packing the boots with white tack, the green coveralls are a perfect fit. I think they're also longer in the arm than the '78 figure release.

The only thing I was having more trouble with than the blue set was getting the collar to stand up and outwards at the right angle.

The hands are really good too. The knife holding one is now perfectly designed to grip the knife from the '78 figure.

I tried to photograph him without the flash, because the light reflects off the coveralls and turns them light grey. Even without the flash he photographs more grey than green:

100_2043.JPG
100_2050.JPG

I couldn't capture the green at all, but I have found a good place in the display for him in the back corner of a glass cabinet where the light is just right to bring out the colour. It's something between Spruce Green and Tex Green.

EDIT:

I had another go with photographing without the flash, and out of a mass of pictures I found one that had just a hint of green in it!

100_2082.JPG

But it's still not the colour that I'm seeing with my eyes, which is more like these Tex Green coveralls where the light is hitting the lower legs of the figure, while the upper parts are a darker green where they're in more shadow:

H78 Tex Green.png

The material has such a chameleon quality. If I pick him up and bring him out of the display it changes from green-grey to grey-green. Whatever it is, it's doing the same sort of thing the real costume did on film.

I was having similar issues trying to photograph the paintwork on my last arrival, Dark Toys' Deckard. There were colours I could see under certain lighting, but the camera couldn't pick them up.

Last edited:
Asta, you're as asset to this community but we're reaching here. I don't hate the set. I'm actually okay with it, but those coveralls aren't what was shown. If I put it in a corner with all the lights off I can imagine it being any color I wish. It's not going to change that this is not green.

Asta, you're as asset to this community but we're reaching here. I don't hate the set. I'm actually okay with it, but those coveralls aren't what was shown. If I put it in a corner with all the lights off I can imagine it being any color I wish. It's not going to change that this is not green.

It's not the same as they show on the box, but it is a chameleon material. As I'm sitting here now I'm seeing the paler green on his lower legs and darker green higher up.

Walking up to him the colour changes, and even more dramatically when bringing him out of the display into the brighter light. Then the green starts to fade away, and turns to dark grey.

In the subdued lighting they definitely look green.

Others found the colour changing quality too:

Not Spruce green as advertised but I do like how different lighting affects the tone on them.
0000000000000000000ca3-jpg.556313
0000000000000000000ca1-jpg.556314
0000000000000000000ca2-jpg.556315

So I FINALLY got my set on yesterday. Beyond excited about my first release with TOTS. I snapped some photos of everything (except the hands).

For ghost Bob all I did was pull the sheet away from the face everywhere except the forehead. I then used the wire to get the folds and creases as you would see in the movie.

dsc09482-jpg.559867

Congrats. I love the way you make the coveralls look green instead of the color grey.

I didn't do anything special. Just photographed them under my work light.

In the room where I have him there's mostly only artificial light - a warm white LED ceiling light and a warm white LED wall light. The curtains have blackout lining so only a little bit of natural light comes in at the edges.

When I unboxed the set it was quite sunny, so there was a bit of sunlight coming into the room, hitting the ceiling above the curtains and the walls either side. I can only think that it was the combination of the LEDs with that reflected light that was drawing out the green. Because now the sun's going down and it's overcast, and walking around the room with the figure I'm only seeing shades of grey, mostly grey-blue now rather than grey green.

At the moment his special place in the glass cabinet is the only one where he looks green. So short of dying the coveralls, that's where he's going to stay.

The only other figure I have that changes this much is the QMx Kirk, who's shirt changes from gold to green depending on the light, mimicking Shatner's actual costume.

I've been trying to make the ghost sheet usable, because light isn't going to save that thing. :lol

I softened the glue by dunking the face into a mug of hot water, so I could peel the sheet off without stretching it. Left a bit on the top of his head to keep the eye holes in place.

Also pulled the wire out of the hem. As someone else said, there isn't an end to the wire - it's one complete length. I managed to tease it out at one corner and cut it in half, then pulled, and pulled and eventually ended up with a six foot length of wire.

The sheet is still heavy enough to drape, but it's in big folds unlike the box lid still from the movie. At least it's better than it was with the wire.

Even the original blue '78 suit from ToTs has changing qualities, when I look at it in daylight it looks more dark charcoal gray, but in my tungsten houselights it's very blue looking.

Even the original blue '78 suit from ToTs has changing qualities, when I look at it in daylight it looks more dark charcoal gray, but in my tungsten houselights it's very blue looking.

Just recently, with my last two deliveries, I've become aware just how important light can be in providing temporary solutions to issues.

The Accessory Set coveralls are very sensitive to light. I've seen such a spectrum of colours in them today, from medium grey to slate grey, grey-green to green-grey, and then later on grey-blue was dominant.

At present in the display it's very tricky, depending where I'm standing it's alternately clearly green tinged (reminding me of a flight suit) or slate grey. The change can occur just with taking half a step to the left or right when up close.

It's not something I can photograph because the camera needs more light, and if there's more light then the material's going to appear completely different anyway.

The only permanent solution is dying the coveralls, which I'd rather not have to do.

It was the same problem with Dark Toys' Deckard sculpts. Under just the right light and at the right angle they transformed, and the paintwork came alive. But I couldn't capture that with the camera, or find the perfect place to display the figure that completely replicated the effect.

Well, TOTS is allowing me to send back my set and will send out a new one when they get more stock in. This was even after I sent them a photo of the sheet that was distorted after ripping it off the sculpt.

i have the bad looking Bob as my header on my home screen here on The Freaks :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl :lol :lol :huh :rock:rock
just hover over my avatar and you can see it

Hopefully in the future TOTS will communicate more clearly with the factory. :lol

The glue melted off quite easily in hot water, but there's still a little bit stuck to the sheet that needs another dunk.

The wire was odd, being a single long loop. I only cut it once, and it came out in one piece. They must've formed it into a square and laid it over the sheet to stitch it in. Even with it out the sheet's just wrong. Too thick and with that chunky hem.

The glasses are good though, but not a lot of use without the sheet.

Back