Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I FINALLY got my set on yesterday. Beyond excited about my first release with TOTS. I snapped some photos of everything (except the hands).

For ghost Bob all I did was pull the sheet away from the face everywhere except the forehead. I then used the wire to get the folds and creases as you would see in the movie.

DSC09479.JPG
DSC09480.JPG
DSC09468_1.JPG
DSC09470.JPG
DSC09469.JPG
DSC09471.JPG
DSC09475.JPG
DSC09473.JPG
DSC09477.JPG
DSC09482.JPG

I didn't do anything special. Just photographed them under my work light.
I took 3 photos under different lighting(page 78) and they go from light grey to greenish-grey to a more charcoal grey. Nice pics you took. The glue residue still throws the sheet off IMO but the pumpkin, phone, glasses, hands and coveralls turned out nice. Hoping the new one TOTS sends me will be improved.

Last edited:
I took 3 photos under different lighting(page 78) and they go from light grey to greenish-grey to a more charcoal grey. Nice pics you took. The glue residue still throws the sheet off IMO but the pumpkin, phone, glasses, hands and coveralls turned out nice. Hoping the new one TOTS sends me will be improved.
Yeah the cloth got a little wrinkly there. But with some basic futzing the look of the drape can be really nice.

If any of the reviewers get free samples to review, and I don’t know which ones do, they definitely have to edit themselves if they want the free stuff to keep coming. The talented folks TOTS has brought in to help with their figures is what has given me hope for TOTS, and I don’t think most of the issues go back to those artists, but to production and quality control, which is TOTS responsibility. So I would hope a reviewer would understand they can be honest without it reflecting poorly on the artists themselves.

I will say, in response to the specific reviewer you called out, I noticed that switch as well. Honestly once I had Nickolas Berg paint and hair my TOTS head I don’t believe any other custom sculpt is better. Still wish it was fractionally larger, looks a little small on most bodies compared to reference photos of Castle, but otherwise it’s pretty damn good. Of course it took sending it to Denmark to be totally reworked for me to feel this way…
The artist's name is Nicholai Berg, not Nicholas haha. Yeah I saw his repaint, good work, it's definitely better. I'd appreciate a HD pic of this sculpt repainted by him if you can do that, thank you very much!

The artist's name is Nicholai Berg, not Nicholas haha. Yeah I saw his repaint, good work, it's definitely better. I'd appreciate a HD pic of this sculpt repainted by him if you can do that, thank you very much!
Spellcheck got me, but if we're grading spelling this morning its Nicolai, no h. Attached are two images Nicolai sent me on the first head he reworked for me. I've got a second with slightly less weathering and brown hair (as opposed to the Kirk blond painted black like this one).
IMG_2212.jpeg
IMG_2216.jpeg

Spellcheck got me, but if we're grading spelling this morning its Nicolai, no h. Attached are two images Nicolai sent me on the first head he reworked for me. I've got a second with slightly less weathering and brown hair (as opposed to the Kirk blond painted black like this one). View attachment 559998View attachment 560001
Definitely an amazing improvment over the original. Very well done, thanks for the pics mate.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for those pictures. I'm sorry your item was defective. I will have another one sent out to you. I will follow up with you when I have been updated with the new tracking information.

Kind regards,

Gabrielle
CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Forgot to copy the response from TOTS regarding the sheet.

Still no word yet on the Accessory Set from Mad About Horror.

They still have it listed as a pre-order, and expected last January.:impatient:
Surprised they haven't got it yet. I always thought they sent items to distributers first, then direct customers.

Surprised they haven't got it yet. I always thought they sent items to distributers first, then direct customers.

I thought they'd be pretty soon after TOTS got their stock too.

Didn't someone from TOTS admit that the factory used the wrong material for the Bob sheet, and they might address that error?

I can't believe they'd actually hold up releasing what's already produced to do that, but they should've done. And then make sure that everyone who'd already received a set got the upgraded the sheet too.

I thought they'd be pretty soon after TOTS got their stock too.

Didn't someone from TOTS admit that the factory used the wrong material for the Bob sheet, and they might address that error?

I can't believe they'd actually hold up releasing what's already produced to do that, but they should've done. And then make sure that everyone who'd already received a set got the upgraded the sheet too.
Alexander Ray made a comment on a review that the intention was just a little glue on the top of the head and not the whole front of the face and he is looking to correct it in future batches. He is also looking to remove the wire. Nothing mentioned about the material that I know of. They are sending me a replacement after the pics I sent so I think they are aware of the issue. Got to say I like their customer service. They seem very open to work with me.

I'm looking forward to seeing if you get an "updated" version, however that does nothing for me and others who got screwed over with the crappy version. TOTS dropped the ball and lost a little credibility with me.

If they change mid production they should make sure it applies to every set already bought.

I'm looking forward to seeing if you get an "updated" version, however that does nothing for me and others who got screwed over with the crappy version. TOTS dropped the ball and lost a little credibility with me.
Try reaching out to them for a replacement. It worked for me without any hassle. I do hope it is indeed updated. Running changes are fairly common in pretty much all industries and this looks to be a factory mishap.

Back