Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here’s my attempt.

I’m also convinced the morons at the factory painted the wrong side of the tombstone. What a mess lol

Attachments

• 66D8ADED-E661-4215-AC2F-64BF4237BE14.jpeg
    66D8ADED-E661-4215-AC2F-64BF4237BE14.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 49
i just carefully pulled the glued parts off the face and left s small part so the sheet stays. I will post a pic next

I left a bit on the forehead and part of the top of the head too. There's just a few spots left on the sheet that have stuck it together in little wrinkles that need to be dissolved.

I checked to see whether the trick of the light was still working on the coveralls, or whether I'd just dreamt it!

Turned just the wall lamp on and stood a yard away: they looked green!

Turned the ceiling light on and stood in the same place again: they looked more green!

I then got a second opinion and asked my dad what colour he thought they were.

"They're green."

giphy.gif

From other angles I can also see them as a bluish slate grey.

It's as much a head scratcher as trying to pin down the colour of the actual costume in the film, which I think is a good excuse not to try and change the colour.

The pumpkin starting working properly as well yesterday. I didn't take the battery cover off or do anything to it, but the switch just decided to work.

I don't normally leave batteries in things, but the flickering candle light is an interesting effect. The bulb is really bright though, so you don't want to be looking directly at the nose.

Asta, glad you got your set. My 2 sets of coveralls have the same effect as you have pointed out, and as shown in my pictures. I found switching the sheet around worked for me. It's a shame about the glue though.

Attachments

• 00000000000000000gb1.jpg
    00000000000000000gb1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 39
Here’s my attempt.

I’m also convinced the morons at the factory painted the wrong side of the tombstone. What a mess lol

Didn't know what you meant about the tombstone, then I looked at mine.

The earth is painted on the back too!

On the front there's what looks like a water stain where earth should be. As though they painted the front, then thought it was wrong and took the paint off so they could put it on the back instead. :slap

I want to give it a black wash to bring out the detail. Unfortunately the resin is very smooth so there's unlikely to be any grain in the uncarved areas to collect paint.

Asta, glad you got your set. My 2 sets of coveralls have the same effect as you have pointed out, and as shown in my pictures. I found switching the sheet around worked for me. It's a shame about the glue though.

Did you keep the wire in yours?

I'm thinking about using water treatment to try and mould the sheet into smaller folds. But it's such an odd, stretchy material that I don't know if they'll hold.

I have to use hot water to remove the last of the glue, so might as well give it a go.

Did you keep the wire in yours?

I'm thinking about using water treatment to try and mould the sheet into smaller folds. But it's such an odd, stretchy material that I don't know if they'll hold.

I have to use hot water to remove the last of the glue, so might as well give it a go.
Yes I left the wire. It is cumbersome but with effort I got the folds where I want them. I just used a sharpie for the eye holes. I initially just pulled it up passed the nose but glue residue made it look like someone jizzed all over it. LOL.

Last edited:
Water treatment in progress:

100_2084.JPG

If it stays like that when dry I'll be happy with it.

I just noticed that the glasses really do magnify!

With the tombstone the black wash didn't take. Probably should've washed it to remove any grease from the moulding process. So I decided to paint it all black, so I can then drybrush it grey, which was how I used to tackle stonework when painting wargaming dioramas.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the set overall. The coveralls are the perfect colour if you ask me, also love the pumpkin, glasses, hands and phone. Only things that bother me are i think the tombstone is a little too big and the ghost sheet is trash. But i knew it was gonna be worse than sideshow's the moment i saw they were putting a wire in it.

Didn't know what you meant about the tombstone, then I looked at mine.

The earth is painted on the back too!

On the front there's what looks like a water stain where earth should be. As though they painted the front, then thought it was wrong and took the paint off so they could put it on the back instead. :slap

I want to give it a black wash to bring out the detail. Unfortunately the resin is very smooth so there's unlikely to be any grain in the uncarved areas to collect paint.
It’s not even the earth stripe, the grey stone paint app is also there. I’m pretty sure the engravings would pop more on that side lol.

It’s not even the earth stripe, the grey stone paint app is also there. I’m pretty sure the engravings would pop more on that side lol.

2022 is turning out to be a strange year for 1/6 releases!

I can see what looks like brown airbrushed stripes on the back of mine, but I can't compare the stone paint to the front as I've now dry brushed it along with the top and sides, and given it an earth line:

51889501190_03c167da8e.jpg

It's such a smooth, slick surface though, that it didn't dry brush as easily as with the old wargames dioramas.

I like what popcorn did to his as it was a lot more subtle:

popcorn said:
Gave the tombstone a misting of ivory to give it some texture.

0000000000000-tomb-2-jpg.559240

Okay so after ripping the sheet off the face except for the little bit on the forehead. I remove the wire which was a pain in the you know what. I feel like the glasses Don't want to stay on the face . Sideshow Bob sheet & glasses on the left
20220218_214034.jpg
20220218_214041.jpg
20220218_214049.jpg

Sideshow's is a nicer fabric. Hangs better. I don't hate the TOTS. I'm glad I took the glue and wire off. It's a nice fabric, but not to replicate a bed sheet. You can get a decent guy with a sheet over his head look. Just not a Myers with a sheet over his head. The wire might of helped with the posing, but it frustrated me more than anything else.

Mr. EcKo said:
Okay so after ripping the sheet off the face except for the little bit on the forehead. I remove the wire which was a pain in the you know what. I feel like the glasses Don't want to stay on the face .

The glasses are a pain. They barely stay on, and they fall off at the slightest touch of the sheet.

The sheet is almost dry now and it retained the folds, but not as tightly as they were when wet.

100_2128.JPG

Back