Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

what are you all using for a body for river? and anybody figured anything out for a dress (Old Grandpa is usually the first!)

After looking far and wide and buying several bodies that were at best poor, I'm going with the HT TT Caucasian. As for an outfit, I'm going for the knee length black shorts, black boots and floral peasant blouse. The outfit is out of the Firefly Companion books. All my figures lean to the Firefly style of clothing.

Old Grandpa

Question, has anyone started up a tread for JUST photos ? I'm thinking about launching up one. If I do those, it'd be for Photos only, no comments on how "Good" someone’s figure looks. As I'm relatively new to this I didn't want to do so without " group approval ". What do you guys think ?
The reason being is everyone has GREAT figures, but if someone wants to look at your photos, they have to remember where they are OR sort thru the forum. So this thread with be a quick stop photo check. And if people want to ask Q’s about it, they either post here or PM you.

So….. ?

Sounds like a plan. I'll go back and dig out some photos and post the recipes I used. I've got all 9 crew members done, just waiting on Josh for the painted sculpts. Think I'll miss this once the figures are finished. Would love to get better side arms for the crew, but maybe that will come with time.

Old Grandpa

Sounds like a plan. I'll go back and dig out some photos and post the recipes I used. I've got all 9 crew members done, just waiting on Josh for the painted sculpts. Think I'll miss this once the figures are finished. Would love to get better side arms for the crew, but maybe that will come with time.

Old Grandpa

Awesome ! Have at it ! I can't wait to see people photos !

Old Grandpa

I know how you feel Old Grandpa. As excited as I am to have the full crew, I'll be sad its over.

Does anyone know the differance between the Bruce Lee Hot Toys body and the Hot Toys Wolverine body ? They both look very similar, but the only differance I can see if the Wolverine body has hairy arms. Is the skin color a large differance ? Can the figure be painted or would the paint break off the body if you flexed it the wrong way ?

(Side note: Saw Transformert Dark Side of the Moon and Alan Tudyk Kicked BUTT in it ! Really happy for him !)

Hi MBK, they're very different bodies...Bruce's body is a lot leaner and shorter.

Guys if anyone is ordering from Toy Anxiety can you let me know? I need 2 wrist pegs but shipping will run me $7.

Guys if anyone is ordering from Toy Anxiety can you let me know? I need 2 wrist pegs but shipping will run me $7.

Truetype wrist pegs? I'm pretty sure I have a couple extras I could send you. Let me check when I get home tonight.

Thanks FHJ, but actually I need Abigail Whistler wrist pegs. I ordered a body and didn't realize they were different than regular female TT pegs.

Is the Whistler body the same as Sarah Connor? I was planning on using a regular Caucasian true type, but it may be a little -- ahem -- chesty for River.

I'm using the Whistler body for Inara because the arms are covered in rubber. I'm hoping to see if the Suckerpunch bodies have smaller chests but I doubt it.

Is the Whistler body the same as Sarah Connor? I was planning on using a regular Caucasian true type, but it may be a little -- ahem -- chesty for River.

It's the same upper body but Whistler is a little shorter that Sarah Connor if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks. I'm looking to find a good body for Jane (that's not too costly) and most of the "Muscular" bodies out there are listed as Bruce Lee's body. One on ebay says it's a Bruce Lee/Wolverine body, but I'm kinda like "Well, which one is it ? Those guys are physically very different !" Some people have recommended Dastin from Prince of Persia body. Still, money is always the final barrier.

Hi MBK, they're very different bodies...Bruce's body is a lot leaner and shorter.

I use model master acryl. The soft bodies should accept the paint, just clean them gently first.

I'm using the Whistler body for Inara because the arms are covered in rubber. I'm hoping to see if the Suckerpunch bodies have smaller chests but I doubt it.

It's the same upper body but Whistler is a little shorter that Sarah Connor if I'm not mistaken.

abby is the standard busty Fem TT size.

babydoll, amber, chacha, alice and sarah would all do well for River and Kaylee as they have the smaller busts.

Back