Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

ok I gotta ask where are THOSE dinos from? much better scale than what I used.

Hey Shammy, Love your Wash bash. Mighty Jabba did a fantastic job on the paint app.My son sent his Wash sculpt to MJ as well. Can't wait to see it in hand. By the way, please tell me where you found those Dinos. They are so cool. I'd love to use ones like those with my Wash.

Old Grandpa

amazing sculpts, hope ya dive into Buffy/Angel one day. Mainly try a Faith :p

Everyone.. I got those dinos off of eBay. I happened to find the right scale. I have two bags of all different kinds, so shoot me a PM with what you're looking for and your address. Old grampa, you have first dibs. :)

This guy really does good work. I bought a Wash and Zoe head off him. If only I could find someone GOOD to paint them for me I'd be Happy as can be !

Hey Guys, I'm really new at this, and I'm LOVING the pics people have posted of their work. I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I've got skill and painting Mechs, but skin tones, eyes and the like, I'm a newb.

I also need help with the clothes (getting them, who to talk to)
Can some of you post links or PM me contact info for people who paint and Sew ?

I've got a Zoe and Wash head, (MY 2 favorate charactors from Firefly) and am making figures of them using the sculps from Trev. (the ones everyone seems to have). Somethings I can buy on e bay but others.... I need made. Can anyone help me ? I've got the bodies, I just need the outfits. ESPECALLY Zoe's. Which seams to be 100% custom work.

I've uploaded (I hope) pics of the look's I'm going for.
So basicly I need a painter for the heads, and A tailor for Zoe's outfit, and shoes. Any people open for Commission ?
Thanks !
JERMS !!!

Yeah, if you weren't aware Trevor is one of the top sculptors at Sideshow and a couple of the other fella's also work for them as prototype painters like Silent Surfer and Small Studios.
I recommend you read this first:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21579

Secondly, in the custom section you'll find many people who take commissions to paint heads and samples of their work, such as Silent Surfer, Boot25, smallstudios, etc.
If you search throgh this thread, everyone has been pretty detailed about what they used and where they got stuff, but Zoe's vest was made by sithlord mcgiver and her rig by stevo, and you can find the links provided by Old Granpa a few posts back. Good luck.

Hey Trev, I got the boots and they look fantastic!!! I'm headed down to drill them out now.

yahoo, Anzik! Glad they made it in time for Christmas. :) I'll be very anxious to see you fit them to Mal, and I hope they look killer!

Masterbarkeep- Hopefully you'll be able to enlist a painter here! Your castings are still waiting for you when you do.

BladeDJK- I hope you'll enjoy the Faith headsculpt I got to do with Sideshow for their upcoming maquette.

bobaflint- That would be very cool if you can show Morena your Inara figure! Hope it works out
Trev

Yeah, if you weren't aware Trevor is one of the top sculptors at Sideshow and a couple of the other fella's also work for them as prototype painters like Silent Surfer and Small Studios.
I recommend you read this first:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21579

Secondly, in the custom section you'll find many people who take commissions to paint heads and samples of their work, such as Silent Surfer, Boot25, smallstudios, etc.
If you search throgh this thread, everyone has been pretty detailed about what they used and where they got stuff, but Zoe's vest was made by sithlord mcgiver and her rig by stevo, and you can find the links provided by Old Granpa a few posts back. Good luck.

Awesomeness.... thanks. I'll look for them ! I'll try posting there too !
JERMS !!!

Hey Anzik, very interested on how that turns out and how you do it. Man you've got skills I wish I had.

Old Grandpa

Thank OG, that means a lot.

It took me about forty minutes to dremel out both boots. I thought about using the calf peg on the TT but I would have to make a partial leg on top so I decided to hollow it out all the way down. I sweated the whole time worrying about going through the side but I think they look great. I'll be painting them tonight after teaching classes.
003-8.jpg

Yeah, I'm totally going to have to get a pair...

And your Dio is looking AMAZING Anzik!

BladeDJK- I hope you'll enjoy the Faith headsculpt I got to do with Sideshow for their upcoming maquette.

I'm sure this is the news that everyone's been waiting for! Especially since you knocked the Willow likeness out of the park! :clap

I'm sure this is the news that everyone's been waiting for! Especially since you knocked the Willow likeness out of the park! :clap

Really has made me more excited for that Statue. Though a 1/6 head would be great to see in the future. :p

OK, one more Q, does anyone make Zoe boots that fit ON the foot or are most boots Attached by cutting and glueing to legs ?
JERMS !!

Back