Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

I found a "fighting elves" and the yellow ringer "gun" logo to add if anyone would like me to.

Edit: Added them. So there are 5 different Jayne shirt designs available, plus his tattoo, Kaylee's heart, flower, and bear, and some extra decals.

the yellow ringer with the gun is called the "troublemaker" shirt, as the Chinese characters say troublemaker. Just an interesting fact

Buffygirl this is not my only figure, I have the whole crew so far. I put up a picture many pages back but I'll shoot a new one sometime.

Cap'n those are great image files you're putting up.

I have a small difficulty that maybe someone will be able to help with ... I don't have a functioning color printer at home, and while I could usually take my laptop to my wife's office, my laptop just died. Gotta love computers sometimes. Anyway if anyone is printing out the iron ons and could print extras of the three images for Kaylees overalls for me, I'd owe you a big favor. PM me if you can help.

I have a small difficulty that maybe someone will be able to help with ... I don't have a functioning color printer at home, and while I could usually take my laptop to my wife's office, my laptop just died. Gotta love computers sometimes. Anyway if anyone is printing out the iron ons and could print extras of the three images for Kaylees overalls for me, I'd owe you a big favor. PM me if you can help.

I haven't printed mine yet, I'd be more than happy to. Might be a week though before I get around to it.

looks great capn! the only thing I would suggest is lowering jaynes head a bit. my head use to be that high and if you lower it it really helps.

Thanks Trevor! I really appreciate it coming from you!

Cadaver, yeah, I'm planning on dremmeling his neck out a bit more. It's pretty giraffe-like, even in person. it's on my to-do list ;)

And Jiminydog, you're very welcome. A bunch of browncoats on here have helped me out, just passing on the favor. I used that same shirt for my Book too, though Cadaver's making me a new one that'll be shiny!

Don't feel bad about the neck. Giraffe-neck Jayne seems to be a common problem. Probably becuase people use the muscle body which already has a pretty long neck attached.

Thats why im using a truetype for mine. Under all the clothes no one should be able to tell how skinny it is.

Speaking of which, anyone have any tips for how to drill out the neck?

My Jayne was the exact same way. But for the look that you and me are going for, a muscle body is really the only way. the only problem with mine is that the wolverine body that I got is really dark and almost makes jayne look black.

as for drilling out necks, I usually drill a hole first then use a dremmel to make it big enough.

Hey guys, as I have some gear for Mal on the way from Chad I thought I'd finally have a go at painting my Mal head.

I generally paint using artist's acrylics but I've never painted directly onto resin before, and I'm having trouble getting the paint to 'stick' to the sculpt. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations about how to prime it before I start with the acrylics?

Any advice gratefully received!

First, wash the head. Release agent and oil from your hands can interfere with adhesion. Many painters on this board say priming is not necessary, but I can't personally vouch for that.

definitely wash the head with dishsoap to get the casting residue off. And I always primer everything I paint with Krylon primer. I don't know if it's "necessary" but I find it works better.

I've had trouble that if I don't prime, the paint rubs off easily. That can be fixed by spraying a fixative on after, but sometimes I'll rub just with my fingers while I'm still painting. Then it can be a pain to do touch ups.

Back