Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

I should have pics posted of my model of Zoe's gun today and the first casting of Mal's should be done tonight.

Me first! But only because you're my best friend and you love me. And maybe cause I'm kinda cute, too. :lecture :rotfl

I really cannot wait to see it though. I know we're all excited about how excellent it will be.

002-9.jpg

Nice job on the Zoe gun Anzik, I wish someone would teach a class on how to do this stuff. :)

Mal bash is coming together nicely, stuff is in the mail and being sent. Other stuff is being made to be sent.

Still looking for a Painter for my Head(s). Those guys are pretty busy.

After spending hours last night scouring the internet for bits and pieces, I have decided that maybe my Mal isn't quite going to be screen accurate. And you know what, I'm okay with that. I mean, Mal couldn't have worn the same stuff everyday right? So, I'm making the off-screen Mal, or Laundry Day Mal. I'm hoping it will look just as good and I'm sure it will.
Thanks to all for the help and suggestions so far. Much appreciated.

Oh, before I forget, it's my understanding that I have to drill out the neck. I'm wondering if the painters usually do this or can do this as they probably have more experience with it. I can just see myself screwing it up and ruining everything.

Later,
Jon

Oh, before I forget, it's my understanding that I have to drill out the neck. I'm wondering if the painters usually do this or can do this as they probably have more experience with it. I can just see myself screwing it up and ruining everything.

Later,
Jon

Every painter I've worked with has been able to drill the head for me if necessary :duff

Nice job on the Zoe gun Anzik, I wish someone would teach a class on how to do this stuff. :)

Mal bash is coming together nicely, stuff is in the mail and being sent. Other stuff is being made to be sent.

Still looking for a Painter for my Head(s). Those guys are pretty busy.

After spending hours last night scouring the internet for bits and pieces, I have decided that maybe my Mal isn't quite going to be screen accurate. And you know what, I'm okay with that. I mean, Mal couldn't have worn the same stuff everyday right? So, I'm making the off-screen Mal, or Laundry Day Mal. I'm hoping it will look just as good and I'm sure it will.
Thanks to all for the help and suggestions so far. Much appreciated.

Later,
Jon

I've been taking liberties with mine as well. My Wash for example, has white sleeves instead of brown and a green vest rather than a black one. When I put them all together with the orange jump suit, the figure just clicked for me, color-wise. I did have plans initially to dye or paint both the white undershirt and vest to make him more screen accurate but now I don't think so. My Wash is from the never shot second season premiere episode. :exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

I think a lot of us have taken liberties with the costumes. I am doing Serenity and firefly costumes and kind of mixing and matching in between. My Jayne is a mix of both but more so serenity then firefly. In the end, it's how you want them to look. It's how you charaterize them in your head. That's the fun part about these.

Make sure to post pics and keep us updated. It's very inspiring to see.

I'm liking the gun too....

(Mutter mutter.... still can't find Sheva boots... ugh. might have to improvise...)

I used em cadaver! Remember we had to swap legs? They use the ball joints that the Cuban legs dont use. Check my pics a few pages back. Thanks yet again for your help on everything. I'm still trying to secure a painter for my Book.

I totally forgot that you posted pictures! my bad. ya the black widow boots do look good but you would have to do the peg swap like stshammgod and i did.

OK...I just finished Kaylee shirt number one finally...it is a more basic version. Will this work for anyone? It is shown on a TTL Small bust but it will also fit on a HT True Type female. I decided not to do a true shirt with a hem at the bottom. Instead, I did a leotard type top with a ultra thin velcro closure at the crotch. This will eliminate a lot of over stretching issues when dressing any body and just in case someone wants to do a variant outfit for her, there wont be a bunched up bottom hem.
I dont know if this matters to anyone...I just thought it made the fit much better.

Chad
SMCG

Hey Chad, put me down for the first model. Looks like an improvment over the Barbie shirt I'm using now.

Old Grandpa

I am still having a hard time finding boots for Zoe. Can anyone help me out?

Toy Anxiety had/has one, but it's HUGE. Way too big IMO.

Now that you mention that it does look too long. Look through the reference I found it does suggest that the "real" gun was cut down in length for Zoe. So I maybe be shortening the barrel once I get it. I did think Stevo's gun was a bit small. Hopefully my idea will work, otherwise it will just be an expensive mistake :)

I'll eventually post pics, once my bashes start taking shape.

It's not just the barrel, it's a good 30% too large all around.

Now that you mention that it does look too long. Look through the reference I found it does suggest that the "real" gun was cut down in length for Zoe. So I maybe be shortening the barrel once I get it. I did think Stevo's gun was a bit small. Hopefully my idea will work, otherwise it will just be an expensive mistake :)

I'll eventually post pics, once my bashes start taking shape.

I have the Josh Randall "Wanted Dear or Alive" figure, and the gun with Josh is WAY to big to work with Zoe. Shamm is right. A good 30% to large all around. Our best bet is the gun Anzik is working on.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
Back