Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BB prime looked good. Why did they adjust his look again? That arm blaster is ugly. Oh well.

Lol but could you imagine a cgi ape just turning into a robot tho. It would look kinda silly. It did in the og show but then again that cgi is very dated

Different opinon. If you look at Westworld and how they had human looking robots "transform" to show their robotic insides, I think if could of been done well.

Well, Dinosaurs are large and cool as hell. :yess:

A gorilla.... is not. And is only the size of a human. Same with any other dumb animals. I also always felt the insecticons were dumb as **** too. :lol

To you. I'd point to a pretty large fanbase around King Kong as a example of people thinking gorillas are pretty cool, there is also the Planet of the Ape IP. So just because you don't think they are cool, it doesnt apply to the rest of th world.

IMO the idea that transformers could literally transform into anything is a much more exciting idea then just changing into cars and machines. If done right, it would make a pretty good horror/body horror movie.

To you. I'd point to a pretty large fanbase around King Kong as a example of people thinking gorillas are pretty cool, there is also the Planet of the Ape IP. So just because you don't think they are cool, it doesnt apply to the rest of th world.

IMO the idea that transformers could literally transform into anything is a much more exciting idea then just changing into cars and machines. If done right, it would make a pretty good horror/body horror movie.
Huh?? I like King Kong and Planet Of The Apes too. They are a completely different thing.

This is just a regular normal sized Gorilla. A robotic Gorilla and other animals, who then turn into different humanoid robots. I guess I must have missed all the robotic animals at the zoo and seeing them in the wild on tv all my life.

Transformers, "Robots In Disguise". They are supposed to be in "disguise" to blend in and hide. Robot animals aren't blending in and hiding from anyone.

And maybe if you read my prior 1st post, where I did say "TO ME", meaning my opinion. I'm happy you like it. Good for you. Go buy lots of merch and support it.

IMO the idea that transformers could literally transform into anything is a much more exciting idea then just changing into cars and machines.
Huh?? I like King Kong and Planet Of The Apes too. They are a completely different thing.

This is just a regular normal sized Gorilla. A robotic Gorilla and other animals, who then turn into different humanoid robots. I guess I must have missed all the robotic animals at the zoo and seeing them in the wild on tv all my life.

Transformers, "Robots In Disguise". They are supposed to be in "disguise" to blend in and hide. Robot animals aren't blending in and hiding from anyone.
Somehow this whole premise and convo^ reminded me of...
ac59c1a9d8253f402b34e86d567a6d14.gif
:p
Also weren't they (time-displaced) aliens hiding amongst us too!

Last edited:

And maybe if you read my prior 1st post, where I did say "TO ME", meaning my opinion. I'm happy you like it. Good for you. Go buy lots of merch and support it.
You also said "gorilla" in the post I was replying to not robotic gorilla.

Your post that I was replying to said, (paraphrasing) Dinosaurs were cool, and gorillas were not. King Kong was a gorilla, and there were gorillas in Planet of the Apes, so your comment of gorillas, and the two IPs I listed are the same thing.

I don't see a "to you" in the post I replied to, and you were replying to my initial, I wasn't replying to you.

So to you robotic Dinosaurs are in disguise, but robotic gorillas aren't? I must have missed the robotic dinosaur bones at the museum.

What about a robotic panther that transforms into a cassette tape (Ravage)? Or a Robotic Vulture that transforms into a cassette tape (Laserbeak)? Nevermind the fact that those are base forms that wouldn't be on a robotic planet, because Cybertron doesn't have animals (not in the lore at the time those characters were created), but those are two more examples of robotic animals in Transformers that predate Beast Wars. Robotic animal forms are nothing new in Transformers. And cherry picking one to say its to fake but embracing the others as being ok is just a bit nitpicky for something that originated as a fictional cartoon to sell toys.

I guess I should have mentioned that I also think cassette tapes transforming into giant animal robots is dumb too. :rotfl

:duff

I guess I should have mentioned that I also think cassette tapes transforming into giant animal robots is dumb too. :rotfl

:duff
And that type of thought process I can get behind, you never liked any of it. My original comment was more for the people who are more forgiving of the G1 animals/insects/dinosaurs as robots, but yet for some reason suddenly think robotic animals like gorillas and cheetahs are suddenly a stupid idea.

I love both G1 and the Beast Wars show but I'd love to see them translate the BW characters faithfully. Seeing a robotic, oversized Cheetor running next to a car in the trailer just doesn't feel right. I'll bet they'll explain the reasons why in the actual movie but in the end the BW characters will just feel like the Dinobots, metallic beats and nothing more.

What really appealed to me in the show was that they weren't Robots in Disguise, they were forced to adapt organic forms to survive. Some of the best episodes of the show dealt with their inner struggles to accept their less-than-ideal alternate form, and how being in their preferred robot mode can literally cause them to die, or that how the Transformers, being so used to living in a modern techno-utopia, are now forced to do battle in the jungles, mud, rocky mountains etc. Love or hate BW, it's hard to not be intrigued by the concept and it would be unfortunate if the movie throws this out in favor of just more boring Dinobots clones.

Weird hearing people saying this looks bad and that the Bay films were better. One person even saying Bumblebee was bad. Were you even a fan of the cartoons or watched them? The Bay films were good for what they were. The first one was good, then they got repetitive. Many didn’t care for the films, but like Bumblebee, the Transformers film everyone had been waiting for. It actually had a good plot, and Hailee Steinfeld was great. The robot forms in Bay’s films almost all looked the same. You did not see much of the alternate form in their robot form.

Saw it today. Worthy successor to Bumblebee. I feel the Transformer movies are finally on the right track.

Surprise reveal at the end.

[SPOILER="GI Joe!!! Guess that connected Hasbro universe announced years ago isn’t as dead as everyone thought"][/SPOILER]

Hope they continue it in the next or spin it off into its own movie.

Paramount: "Hey guys, are ready for the awesome new SEVENTH dumbass Transformers movie???????"

The entire world, except for China:

giphy.webp

I saw it a few days back against my will so here are the pros and cons.

Pros-- Nowhere NEAR as bad as the Bay films, the action is mostly comprehensible and the humans aren't annoying. Most of the Autobots are well characterized, I wasn't annoyed by Mirage as the trailers might indicate and the designs of the Autobots are quite appealing. The 90's setting is quite well done too.

Cons-- Everything else. The story is generic (protect the McGuffin before it opens the sky portal) and there's nothing here you haven't seen in other generic summer blockbusters, however the worst offender is the characterization of the Beast Wars, which are totally butchered and not even 5% as compelling as their animated counterparts. They're literally fulfill the role of Dinobots in the film and they might as well used the Dinobots instead.

We already have a problem with Beast Wars being underappreciated in the TF fandom and this might actually hurt the brand rather than help it. Optimus Primal is a generic angry ape but also a clone of Prime so he too can spout quotes of wisdom, but he's missing all his nuances from the cartoon while Airazor is just there for exposition. The other Maximals barely have any dialogue and are just there to fill some quota. The characters are HUGE, the same size as their Autobot counterparts which makes them turning into animals pretty dumb and pointless as in the show they were (mostly) in scale with their organic counterparts. Overall it's just a surface level adaptation of Beast Wars and that makes me sad because the show was well, the very damn definition of more than meets the eye.

Stop the big bad threat. Get here, get that piece, lose that piece, get the next piece, but also lose that piece. Fight. Sacrifice. Comeback. Rip off Iron Man!

Eh, take out 80% of the human stuff and it was pretty much just like the original cartoon. It's summer entertainment. If you get upset at this. Well, I don't know what to tell you.

I still love the first Transformers. A Camaro and Mustang raced, then turned into robots and fought each other. That was awesome. And Transformers 2 has Devastator's Balls.

Roll out.

:lol

I don't know what movie you group of grumpy old men watched (or didn't watch but complain anyways), but the movie was a lot of fun.

I don’t go into Transformers expecting quality story, I expect to see quality robot fights and if I get that I’m satisfied.

Transformers was always a disjointed MacGuffin fest, even way back when. It’s a glorified toy ad.

I don’t go into Transformers expecting quality story, I expect to see quality robot fights and if I get that I’m satisfied.

Transformers was always a disjointed MacGuffin fest, even way back when. It’s a glorified toy ad.
I'm not saying its like Godfather levels of filmmaking. I just said its fun. It's a good summer action flick with robots beating on each other, and the humans weren't as annoying as they usually are. The audience cheering at certain parts, really got me back into enjoying being in a packed theatre again.

Back