Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, tried searching and couldn't find a thread for this movie so merge if there is one already.

I think this looks pretty bad not going to lie. Too many factions, too many characters and horrible cgi. At least Michael Bay made these movies look fantastic. Transformers 2007 from 15 years ago looks miles better than this.

I think this looks pretty bad not going to lie. Too many factions, too many characters and horrible cgi. At least Michael Bay made these movies look fantastic. Transformers 2007 from 15 years ago looks miles better than this.
None of these Transformers movies are "good", apart from Bumblebee, but they're still fun. I just switch my brain off and enjoy the glorified Robot Wars.

fire-robot-wars.gif

None of these Transformers movies are "good", apart from Bumblebee, but they're still fun. I just switch my brain off and enjoy the glorified Robot Wars.
Oh I agree completely, I just think the Bay movies plainly looked better and were more enjoyable than how this looks. Maybe I'm being a bit harsher coming off of Bumblebee which I legitimately thought was good as you said.

I don't know. To me this looks dumb as ****. Just like when they made the cartoon and toys. I just don't get it. Cool toys, maybe, but using them for anything else is just dumb.

Transformers, robots in disguise hiding as vehicles. Totally believable and cool idea.

Transformers, robots transforming into giant robot animals that in no way blend in to reality or need to exist. WTF? Makes absolutely NO sense.

And I hated Bumblee. Worst Transformers movie by far for me. And thats saying a lot since only the 1st movie was actually any good. :lol

Last edited:
Man, they're doing Beast Wars a huge disservice here. Everything feels wrong and stupid. Why are the Beast Wars characters huge and look robotic in their animal form? Angry rant incoming:

In case anyone doesn't know, Beast Wars takes place centuries after G1 where the Transformers have downgraded their sizes to be about human size due to overpopulation and to conserve Energon (make sense!) The Beast Wars story revolves around a group of Maximal civilian explorers and Predacon fugitives crashing on an unknown planet that is overabundant in Energon, causing their robotic forms to short circuit and die if they're exposed for more than a few minutes, thus they adapted organic animal forms to shields them from Energon radiation (make sense!).

I know a lot of G1 fans dindt liked Beast Wars simply because of the esthetics and "animals makes no sense" but it's all merely a matter of context all in which was explained in the the first episode (which is free on YT currently). The Transformers become animals because out of necessity to survive a hostile environment, none of the regular Cybertronians are in animal form back in Cyberton.

Judging by trailer, it seems that they change to metallic animals "just because" and is completely missing any of the survival aspects of the show. While I get that this is a new interpretation, I just wished the core reason why they're animals are kept intact in the movie, kinda like Bruce Wayne's parents dying being critical to any adaptation of Batman.

I honestly don't see any reason why Optimus Primal is as big as Optimus Prime running around in modern civilization and looks like like a Cybertronian ape. Beast Wars deserve much better.

Last edited:
Hmmm you are right but doesn’t time travel take place in this? Like maybe it’s explained? Idk I got into transformers from the 07 movie

Hmmm you are right but doesn’t time travel take place in this? Like maybe it’s explained? Idk I got into transformers from the 07 movie
Well yeah you can add time travel for sure, but they need to explain why they're transforming into animals, something the show does so well. Plus in the show, most of the beasts are in correct scale so Optimus Primal's alt mode is the same size as a real Gorilla and Megatron was equal to a t-rex, which means combat in the natural terrain looks really cool and have high stakes. I think having a metallic ape the size of the two-storey house in a live action movie is just silly.

I grew up with G1 in the 80's and remember the launch of the Beast Wars toys and thought it was the most nauseating thing ever but then I saw the show and it blew me away by just how well done the writing and characters were handled plus it was a sequel to G1 (with some surprise cameos!). There's a reason why some fans say it's the best TF story out there so if you're curious here's the all the episodes on YT in high quality:

Last edited:
Yea I remember growing up watching beast wars. Outdated cgi but really cool stuff. I remember dinobot and the predacons and some of the dark story telling. I remember one episode where they found megatron and starscream

My son loves Transformers but has never liked the Bay movies very much. He's always much preferred the various animated series. Unsurprisingly I've had to spend many hours watching this stuff and I have to agree with him, the animated shows are so much better than the live action movies.
I watched the original cartoon in the early/mid 80's but never kept up with the shows after that.
Must admit, I've actually quite enjoyed catching up with the shows, relearning all the Transformers names etc. It's been very nostalgic.
Anyway, this new movie looks like all the other live action movies.
I have no interest at all, but if my little lad wants to see it then we'll go.

Yea I remember growing up watching beast wars. Outdated cgi but really cool stuff. I remember dinobot and the predacons and some of the dark story telling. I remember one episode where they found megatron and starscream
Yeah beast wars was the best of the transformers shows. It was a sequel to the original animated series and starscream showed up as a ghost. The series was a time travel thing where bots in the future ended up in prehistoric earth so at some point they encounter the original transformers after they had crash landed on the planet.

For the people who are complaining about metallic animals. I'd just like to remind you of something from G1.....Dinobots, and Insecticons. Animals isn't a far stretch from dinosaurs and insects. Besides I remember Grimlock and the Dinobots being super popular, and no one complaining about their metal robot look.

Like Jay Virtual said Beast Wars actually had a reason for the beast transformations that made sense. So maybe we will get a explanation in the movie too.

They might even be Transmetal versions of the characters, or even post Beast Machines versions. But I'm probably hoping for too much.

Lol but could you imagine a cgi ape just turning into a robot tho. It would look kinda silly. It did in the og show but then again that cgi is very dated

Well, Dinosaurs are large and cool as hell. :yess:

A gorilla.... is not. And is only the size of a human. Same with any other dumb animals. I also always felt the insecticons were dumb as **** too. :lol

Back