Transformers One

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Transformers-one-720x240.jpg

"The film is described as an "origin story" set on the planet Cybertron and will center on the relationship between Optimus Prime and Megatron, and the circumstances that lead to them becoming archenemies and the respective leaders of the Autobots and Decepticons."

I didn't hate it. There were things in it, that I liked. Hemsworth as Prime was alright and I'm looking forward seeing a Cybertron pre-war. But that's it and I'm not going to the cinema for this.

Why?
- apart from Prime's, Megatron's and Elita's head, the designs are flat, dull and inspired
- dorky Disney humor without musical-stuff vibe is what I'm getting
- me no likey, cause they marketed this first as "experience their world before the war and how it got to that, blah. Ya, ok...but why make it kiddie ****, if
- ...in parallel you try to catter to YOUR kid audience, through the Bumblebee G1 intro, SS86 figures & Legacy, with all those old designs?

Not gonna go to theaters for this. Streaming it, but otherwise: yeah, I know. Not the target audience, so what? I also enjoy Disney, but THOSE are specifically written this way. TF was NEVER musicals!

The more I write about it, the more I'm starting to hate it...

I just realized that I've been following Transformers media all my life since the release of the 86 movie and that was almost 40 years ago, I've spent so much on TF toys, books, games, etc and never missed a movie. When Rise of the Breasts came out I just walked out of the theater because my dumb ass finally realized that I'm old and these movies aren't catered to me anymore. Kids were laughing and crying where he I was just numb, thinking that I'm in the wrong place. I don't know what happened but after that I sold virtually everything TF and stopped following the franchise.

I don't think it's a knock on the franchise but perhaps a realization and I don't really enjoy these anymore as much as when I was 7 in the 80's.

Remember when Transformers was for kids but it treated them like adults and not short attention span, goofball idiots? Kids stuff these days seems so quippy and over the top in your face all the time.

Remember when Transformers was for kids but it treated them like adults and not short attention span, goofball idiots? Kids stuff these days seems so quippy and over the top in your face all the time.
Every piece of “kids” media that still holds up and is relevant today is still relevant because it was open to all ages, not just kids.

These executives seem to forget that adults are the ones taking their kids to the cinema, the parents don’t wanna sit through 2 hours of absolute slop.

ATLA, Shrek, Lion King, 90% of Pixar movies etc. all still have a huge cultural impact 15, 20+ years later because they were qualify pieces of entertainment that yes, whilst targeted at children, had many aspects for older audiences to also enjoy.

The idea of a Transformers prequel movie taking place entirely on Cybertron in the same vein as the Bumblebee Cybertron sequence sounds incredibly badass and long overdue. Sad to see it’s being squandered on this.

Back