Toys McCoy Indiana Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Captain Britain... I have actually done just that for another customer... and as I own a McCoy Indy ( which I may not prefer.. but still love it nontheless) I can easily custom build a holster for your McCoy pistol... just email me..

Honestly the only way you can have a really good Indy is peice it together yourself. No company has done it right yet.

I have one and kept it out for years on display. I told my wife I wasn't going to put it up until they made another Indy movie, becauce of that it stayed out for around eight years.

As far as likeness, there are better.

I don't see all the negitive feedback about the sideshow Indy. I love mine and i think i was one of those lucky ones where my paint job is perfect. I have seen other photos and mine looks better. Maybe my painter was having a good day. I was only looking at it last night!

As for the Toys Mccoy Indy his hands are huge and his head is small and he looks like is was made years ago. Oh he was !

Sorry guys !! But never ever liked it.

You know, I'll take his 8 worthwhile posts over your 9k worth of crap any day. :p

Thanks thenammagazine!

Well, it's seems some agree with me and some don't. I've got an idea. I'm going to do a You Tube video comparing the two figures side by side. I'll give the pros and cons of each figure and give reasons why I prefer one over the other. I'll try and do it in the next week.

Thanks thenammagazine!

Well, it's seems some agree with me and some don't. I've got an idea. I'm going to do a You Tube video comparing the two figures side by side. I'll give the pros and cons of each figure and give reasons why I prefer one over the other. I'll try and do it in the next week.

Sounds cool:gun

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not looking for perfecion in a toy. I think they are both perfect for what they are and when they were made. I think that's what interesting in collecting! You're not collecting an exact rendition but the vision an artist had of something at a certain time! I don't know if you do customs, but I don't think there's a sincle piece I've done I wouldn't do differently if I had to start all over again! This is the same for mass production! They're the top of what was possible for an artist at a precise moment and are as respectable for that, regardless of progress. You can always find better!!!

Honestly the only way you can have a really good Indy is peice it together yourself. No company has done it right yet.

Here's a great picture and a link comparing all the Indiana Jones figures made through out the years. I think the Toys McCoy figure is still really good, remember that for a time , it was THE only non-custom figure available. I have to say that the sculpt on the Kenner figure, although a bit toyish, looks a lot like Harrison Ford.

Here's the link:
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2008/11/indiana-jones-and-attack-of-clones.html

compareIndys.jpg
[/IMG]

Atleast I wasnt banned. :lol ******. :lol

That's because every time the mods get on you, you toss on your knee pads and punk.

Thanks thenammagazine!

No prob. Every time he posts, you need to hold your breath. He's like a cat fart. Smells up a room instantly and makes your eyes burn. Personally, I don't agree with your assessment/comparison but as I said earlier, I can appreciate your nostalgic feelings towards the MC. It's no different from those who love classic cars over modern ones. ;)

Last edited:

Good comparison pic... IMHO, there's only one there that's Indy and that's the SSC one. The Toys McCoy was excellent for when it was released (compared to what was out there) but it doesn't scream high end collectible-- SSC's Indy does. Accessories alone don't make the figure. Every single one of my Indys in their various poses/incarnations look like mini Harrison Fords (as Indy) waiting to come to life. The Toys McCoy, like Hasbro etc., looks more like a doll. Now the medi is shrunken and misses the Ford vibe, the KOTCS one wasn't too bad and that's why I've got that one. Of course when SSC announces their KOTCS Indy then I'm afraid the medi one will probably hit storage.

Oh and thenammagazine, this...

That's because every time the mods get on you, you toss on your knee pads and punk.

most definitely gives me the "no" feeling. :monkey1:horror

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not looking for perfecion in a toy. I think they are both perfect for what they are and when they were made. I think that's what interesting in collecting! You're not collecting an exact rendition but the vision an artist had of something at a certain time! I don't know if you do customs, but I don't think there's a sincle piece I've done I wouldn't do differently if I had to start all over again! This is the same for mass production! They're the top of what was possible for an artist at a precise moment and are as respectable for that, regardless of progress. You can always find better!!!

Perhaps i should have said to obtain a close to screne accurate Indiana Jones you need to do one yourself. And i think Sideshow could have done alot better. It all comes down to their creative team actually. There are many hands that touch a project im sure.

Here's a great picture and a link comparing all the Indiana Jones figures made through out the years. I think the Toys McCoy figure is still really good, remember that for a time , it was THE only non-custom figure available. I have to say that the sculpt on the Kenner figure, although a bit toyish, looks a lot like Harrison Ford.

compareIndys.jpg
[/IMG]

I love the one wearing the sombrero

Just to let you guys know, that Toys McCoy in the picture above is more of a custom. Those aren't the original hat, satchel, whip, belt, and gun.

Just to let you guys know, that Toys McCoy in the picture above is more of a custom. Those aren't the original hat, satchel, whip, belt, and gun.

Did not know that. I just found the picture online, guess you can't trust everything you find on the internet!:lol

On the Toys McCoy, the accessories are "locked" into a plastic blister inside of the box flap. You can not remove the hat, gun, accessories, etc. without damaging the box (hence lowering the toy's value). The owner of this figure used the new, Hasbro talking Indy hat and the rest is from the unlicensed Relic Hunter figure (pictured between Toys McCoy and Medicom (also wearing the Hasbro hat because the hat he came with looked like a floppy, fishing hat).

By the way, the Kenner "Sombrero" Indy uses the same mold as the 1978 large Han Solo figure. They cast Indy in a darker flesh tone and painted his eyes blue though.

Back