TOY ANXIETY'S 2nd ANNUAL CUSTOM 12" CONTEST – HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toy Anxiety

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK, since October blew by like a haunted wind, and our Halloween custom contest never rose from the grave, we’re going to have a Holiday themed custom contest this year instead. Show us your best custom holiday themed figure and/or scene. Let’s see how your 1:6 figures celebrate the season decorating the tree, exchanging gifts, kissing under the mistletoe, decking the halls, building a snowman, etc.
There are going to be 3 Categories:

1. Custom Single Figure: Enter in this category for single 1:6 figures of any subject matter celebrating the holiday season. There can be a display scene/background, but only 1 figure/character. Figures entered in this category cannot also be in a scene from the other categories.

2. Holiday Scene Hollywood: Enter in this category for 1:6 scale scenes containing more than 1 fictional character and/or celebrity celebrating an aspect of the holiday season. This would include fictional or non-realistic military such as GI Joe. Figures from these scenes cannot also be entered in the single figure category.

3. Holiday Scene Military: Enter in this category for 1:6 scale scenes containing more than 1 realistic modern or historic military soldier celebrating the season! Figures from these scenes cannot also be entered in the single figure category.

The prize, the winner of each category will receive a $50 Toy Anxiety eGift Certificate!

Regarding Category 2 and 3, there must be at least 5 entries per category by the deadline. If there are not, these two categories will be combined into one, and only 1 $50 prize will be issued.

To enter, post your images here. Entries will be accepted from both our Sideshow Freaks Contest Thread and Onesixthwarriors Contest Thread, but entries from both will be grouped together. Be sure to mention which category your image is being entered in, and give a name/title to your entry. Anyone wishing to participate in this contest may have 1 entry per category. Entries will be accepted through midnight Friday December 24th. The winners will be announced on Saturday January 1, 2011. New Years Day. Winners will be chosen based on the concept behind the entry, and how much effort went into making it. The more creative and elaborate the entry, the more likely you’ll have a chance at winning. Voting will be done by several friends of Toy Anxiety that do not have any affiliation to the business or the contest.

Thank you and good luck to all and to all a good night! If you have any questions about the contest please email us at [email protected].

Last edited:
Mine

chevy1.jpg

Actually, I might really do this. Need to pick up his tie from TA :wink1:

Only one per category correct? But we can enter three times if we enter one in each category right? I've got some great ideas already. Now I just need to put them together :)

Only one per category correct? But we can enter three times if we enter one in each category right? I've got some great ideas already. Now I just need to put them together :)

Correct, you can enter 3 times, but only once per category, and no item from one category can be in another meaning you can't make a custom figure for the single figure category and then put that figure in a scene for the other categories. Good luck!

Alright here is my first entry then. Not really sure on which group category to put it in though. Hollywood I guess.
img0555xt.jpg

Last edited:
Alright here is my first entry then. Not really sure on which group category to put it in though. Military?

You captured exactly what the essence of this contest is all about! Great job!

For the record, we didn't take GI Joe into consideration when describing the categories. Since GI Joe characters are fictional, they will be entered in the Hollywood category. It was intended that the Military category would be realistic modern or historic Military. Will make these updates in the category rules.

Cool. I'm glad you guys like it. I thought that is what you guys were looking for, but since it is kinda a custom contest, I didn't know for sure. And like I said, the category was unclear on this one since GI Joe is a military themed line. So thanks for that clarification. I had a lot of fun putting it together. And since our living room has more furniture than it did last year, that tree might just end up as our real Christmas tree this year :lol

But as for the military category, we can't use any fictional characters? For example, using Hans Landa would be exempt. He'd be a Hollywood category right?

Cool. I'm glad you guys like it. I thought that is what you guys were looking for, but since it is kinda a custom contest, I didn't know for sure. And like I said, the category was unclear on this one since GI Joe is a military themed line. So thanks for that clarification. I had a lot of fun putting it together. And since our living room has more furniture than it did last year, that tree might just end up as our real Christmas tree this year :lol

But as for the military category, we can't use any fictional characters? For example, using Hans Landa would be exempt. He'd be a Hollywood category right?

You can use Hans Landa as long as it's not part of a recreation from a scene from Inglorious Basterds.

Gottcha. I just didn't know if movie military figures would be OK with the military grouping. I don't know if I'd use Landa specifically, but good to know.

You can use Hans Landa as long as it's not part of a recreation from a scene from Inglorious Basterds.

:panic:
So youre saying a Hans holding a bingo game he just unwrapped from a 3R Himmler would win the contest?
:yess:

Thats my idea, no one steal it!!!:pfft:

Picture032.jpg

had this guy a while but i dont think i've ever entered this in any contest, but cant remember...........:dunno

Back