Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trailer didn't offer too much. Nice to see that Tom finally has a few age lines creeping in though :lol. To be honest, I don't expect an Oscar worth p[lot here, I'd just like to see some great shots of real, none CGI F/A-18's doing there thing, and plenty of fictional bad guys nobodies ever been close to before blowing up... And it looks like we'll be getting this. I'm looking forward to it.

That Tomcat at the end made me smile. God I loved that plane.

Look into DCS: F-14, it's about as close as most of us will ever get.

Looks great though i don't see Maverick at all in Cruise's performance, albeit brief. Maverick in the first film was a young cocky AF pilot. This looks like it could be just Tom Cruise flying a jet.

Well young Maverick was probably young Tom Cruise. Older Maverick is probably older Tom Cruise, minus the Scientology I assume.

You have to understand something about being deeply entrenched in a financially healthy connected cult the Tom Cruise we all know and love as the man’s man stunt man wet dream of a happy go lucky movie star is just a façade and a double layered facade at that, super psychologically complicated multiple life styles freaky stuff going on lol

We’re talking about Invasion of the Body Snatchers levels of deep creepiness here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I choose to believe he's going deep undercover. Deep deep deep undercover, researching for a career-defining acting role. De Niro, Bale, Hanks, Phoenix, Pfffft.

I choose to believe he's going deep undercover. Deep deep deep undercover, researching for a career-defining acting role. De Niro, Bale, Hanks, Phoenix, Pfffft.

I choose to believe that in a deep underground facility that dude is plugged into a particle accelerator while eating female human hearts and reproductive organs while being raped by genetically modified men.

Soon he’ll be able to be the Queen Alien and poop out some eggs.

Last edited:
I choose to believe that in a deep underground facility that dude is plugged into a particle accelerator while eating female human hearts and reproductive organs while being raped by genetically modified men.

Soon he’ll be able to be the Queen Alien and poop out some eggs.

is-in-san-die-thatescalated-quickly-memes-com-14029890.jpg

I had zero expectations for this, but damn that trailer has me intrigued. Especially since there are rumors that Cruise learned to fly to do some of the flying in the film. That’s bad ass.

I was wondering about that... Knowing Cruise, he probably did all the stunts himself and learned to land on an aircraft carrier... :lol

JC looks like a dude there wtf

50ef05be9e9289011f8e106ccac6a1f5.jpg

Well, if that's what a dude looks like, I'd better be careful in bars...

You must see some pretty feminine looking dudes lol.

:lol

Hope Kelly McGillis makes a cameo to take our breath away.

NINTCHDBPICT000412619999.jpg

Wow... she didn't really take much care of herself, did she? I mean, everybody ages (except for Jared Leto maybe), but we can age with some dignity...

Whew...much better now..

d44f5f8e8f46eaf4cc4e28b9fc82a53e.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Are we gonna ignore the elephant in the room?

What happened to Ed Harris?

Love that guys acting, but damn he aged.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Well, the man is 68... and clearly no plastic surgeries anywhere in sight.

More nostalgic throwbacks than I would like in this trailer. But then, why else make a Top Gun movie I guess. Bar scene, shirtless guys high fiving, Maverick riding his motorcycle next to a jet and pumping his fist. . .of course, Cruise will get a 21 year old love interest. The original movie was a distillation of something that had meaning at the time (hard to imagine a cartoon like GI Joe or Rambo resonating with kids now), but nowadays Maverick should be flying a drone from a computer instead of piloting an F-15.

Female pilot there.

That's an F-18! :thwak
F-15's have also gone the way of the Dodo if I'm not mistaken...

Should be fun. Was I the only one hoping to see Rey jump over his jet when he was zooming along the desert floor? I'm sure someone will be merging the two trailers soon enough. :lol

Hey!...:dunno:lol

Somebody really needs to cut this trailer together with the Rise of Skywalker trailer so Rey is waiting in the desert (backed by a bunch of SJWs including Rose and Holdo) to take down that pale, male and stale militarist Maverick as he pilots in low to the desert floor.

Looking forward to this movie. Wouldn't be surprise that they'll add some social modern touch to it.

Actually, they do: Cruise battles a global alliance of the alt right led by Steve Barron secretly weaponized by Putin to target the Hart Senate Office Building (Sen Warren...) - in the climactic sequence Cruise's wingpersons are cameos by AOC and Megan Rapinoe, and the Taliban actually turns out to have a good side and helps save the day.

I was wondering about that... Knowing Cruise, he probably did all the stunts himself and learned to land on an aircraft carrier... :lol

Well, if that's what a dude looks like, I'd better be careful in bars...

:lol

Wow... she didn't really take much care of herself, did she? I mean, everybody ages (except for Jared Leto maybe), but we can age with some dignity...

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Well, the man is 68... and clearly no plastic surgeries anywhere in sight.

That's an F-18! :thwak
F-15's have also gone the way of the Dodo if I'm not mistaken...

68????? He looks 98......

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah, he does look a bit rough, but then again, he always looked older than his age, it's just that he kept in a sort of stasis for ten years where he didn't seem to age at all.

Yeah, EH's face does seem to have gone on a major bender in the past five years. Who knows - declining health, alcoholism - you never know.

cautofotoda1111x-840x420.jpg

What's interesting is this pic was taken just two years before Cruise filmed Top Gun, and Harris is only 12 years older than Cruise:

10810790534_67e4a432d9_b.jpg

Re-watched again for fun.......your kind is going extinct ......maybe so sir...but not today.......cheesy machismo at it's finest by non other than Tommy Boy....go get em you ole whack job :yess:

How is it even possible to wrinkle that much around the eyes. What kind of facial expressions has Ed Harris been pulling all these years?! :lol

Re-watched again for fun.......your kind is going extinct ......maybe so sir...but not today.......cheesy machismo at it's finest by non other than Tommy Boy....go get em you ole whack job :yess:

Yep, looking forward to this. Count me among those who thought 'good trailer'

I enjoyed the trailer too. Come to think of it I don't know If there's one Cruise movie I've seen that I disliked.

I had zero expectations for this, but damn that trailer has me intrigued. Especially since there are rumors that Cruise learned to fly to do some of the flying in the film. That’s bad ass.

He was not flying an f-18. Backseat of a super hornet is how those shots were achieved.

Cruise flying a plane does nothing for me Hamill didn’t really fly an X-Wing in space against a real death star the movie is still a masterpiece.

Stunt man cruise persona is boring I don’t care if he is really flying the damn plane lol

Back