Top Gun: Maverick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna lie, the trailer made me smile.

However I wish they could have come up with something other than the "TFA Han" approach where he literally didn't progress in any capacity since we last saw him 30 years ago. What if he *was* an admiral but was on a carrier for some reason when the **** hits the fan and jumps back into a cockpit to the shock of his crew? Seems like they could have come up with any number of clever scenarios beyond "yep he's still the same pilot he was in 1986."

Many people pissed off that the Chinese patches from his jacket are missing they’re the only patches that were changed because the movie is partly funded by a state run China company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not gonna lie, the trailer made me smile.

However I wish they could have come up with something other than the "TFA Han" approach where he literally didn't progress in any capacity since we last saw him 30 years ago. What if he *was* an admiral but was on a carrier for some reason when the **** hits the fan and jumps back into a cockpit to the shock of his crew? Seems like they could have come up with any number of clever scenarios beyond "yep he's still the same pilot he was in 1986."

We don't really know the plot yet, but it is technically possible that he wouldn't have progressed too far...

https://news.usni.org/2019/07/22/na...-maverick-could-still-feel-the-need-for-speed

He could have left the service and returned for example. Maybe he let Goose's death get to him for a while or something. Or maybe he just wanted to keep on flying. As somebody whom always wanted to fly jets (And still badly regrets not having that life) I imagine it's hard to give up your wings once the time comes for promotions etc. He may have been given special permission to continue due to his skills, he is the only operational pilot within this fictional universe to have shot down enemy fighters, makes him a decent instructor to have around I suppose.

Yeah in my mind when the previous film ended he was on track to be the next Viper/Jester at the Top Gun school. So hopefully the sequel indicates that he had indeed done that for a time.

New trailer is out, looks pretty familiar yet interesting enough to see. I didn't see the scourge of hot shot pilots Admiral Holdo anywhere in the trailer, perhaps she had a salon appointment that day?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Out of all of the remakes, rehashes and late sequels to classic movies (which 99% of the time do more harm to the original than good) that Hollywood does these days because they don’t have the ingenuity anymore to simply make a good original film these days without focusing on how woke they can be with it, this is the only one that actually from the trailers, looks like it may be just as good as the original.

I’ve never been a huge Tom Cruise fan, but I‘ve always felt his two best roles were Maverick and Vincent in Collateral. Based from the trailers I‘ve seen, it looks like he turns in a great performance in this film.

I was a fan of both Creed films for the same reason.

Man we really are a creature of habit everything from TG was repeated in this lol

Guy that looks like Ice Man, check
Guy that looks like Goose, check

Great trailer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps Goose Jr. is indeed Goose Jr.?...

I was thinking that myself. It looks like there's a part in the trailer where he's going after Maverick in the classroom. Perhaps he still blames him for his old man's death?

He is.

63C5782C-6826-48BE-B99E-27FCA6F1CCCB.jpeg

And yeah, I’m guessing that’s why he goes after Maverick in the classroom in that trailer. The incident is probably mentioned during a classroom lecture I would guess.

Looks cool, like the teaser, but.... still not even the faintest hint of what the film's story is, even in a full-length trailer?:dunno

Looks cool, like the teaser, but.... still not even the faintest hint of what the film's story is, even in a full-length trailer?:dunno

Yeah, but in today's Hollywood day and age, that's actually refreshing. Just going in not exactly sure of the plot except that Mav is back and he still has a need, a need for speed...

:wink1:

And thanks for the update, SilverStar17. Goose Jr. it is!

Yeah, but in today's Hollywood day and age, that's actually refreshing. Just going in not exactly sure of the plot except that Mav is back and he still has a need, a need for speed...

And a need for someone hotter than Kelly McGillis. Enter Jennifer Connelly......pun intended...

:exactly:

Mav gets summoned back to Top Gun to teach a new crop of fighter pilots.

Obviously not the total plot, but it does seem like a faint hint.

Back