TOMY Prestige Select Die-cast 1/350 Scale Enterprise Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are already in production....doubtful. No one knows 100% sure if those kids are of what we are going to get. But it looks very likely.
When I said on the first page that it seems too good to be true, well... here we are

When I said on the first page that it seems too good to be true, well... here we are
Yep. When something seems too good to be true, it typically is. Another old adage applies here as well, which is that you always get what you paid for. $600 for a finished/painted 1/350 scale starship is a relatively low price. Standard practice for all collectibles companies is to over-promise and under-deliver; hook everyone in with an amazing one-off pre-production piece, and then deliver a sub-par production piece when it's too late/they already have everyone's money. Classic move, and it happens every time. Just check 99% of Prime 1's stuff.

Scummy move too. Super7 seems to live and die by this practice. Mezco is super fond of it too. If I had the resources to buy P1 stuff and got garbage in return I'd probably be on the 6 o clock news cause homey don't play to that degree.

Well, it looks like my Tomy Enterprise may have actually shipped via Zing (Australia). If legit, I'll have it in hand by Monday, my time.
Let us know how it works out - and please post pics. You’re the second person I’ve seen that got a shipping notice from an Australian reseller. Other one was EB games. That’ll give us in the US something more to complain about since availability from Tomy was limited to the continental US and if you guys get yours before we do …

Let us know how it works out - and please post pics. You’re the second person I’ve seen that got a shipping notice from an Australian reseller. Other one was EB games. That’ll give us in the US something more to complain about since availability from Tomy was limited to the continental US and if you guys get yours before we do …

Actually, Zing and EB Games are one and the same. One sells various collectables and the other is games, but often operating from the exact same premises.

I'll try to post pics, but I'm not the most discerning when it comes to inaccuracies on these type of things. Other than the usual photos taken from my phone, I'll take shots of any seam lines and plugs etc.

I loved EB when they were around here, but sadly they were absorbed into Gamestop and the rest is history. Gamestop used to be OK too. From a certain point of view...

Attachments

• cfac079328e2473f4dbefbf30c649ba0.jpg
    cfac079328e2473f4dbefbf30c649ba0.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 0
Well it’s official. Mine has just been delivered!

But unfortunately I was just about to leave for work, so I was unable to unbox it. Heck I didn’t even have the time to take it out of the shipper box to see the art box.

3CBD66E7-04BA-4232-8A10-2D227257F7BD.jpeg

Can’t believe you’re making us wait…..

I was a torturer in my past life.

Sorry :)

I was this close to calling my boss, to take a sicky!

I expect to be unboxing it in about 8 hours, after I get home from work.

But unlike most here, I'm not at all discerning when it comes to catching inaccuracies with models such as this. The best I'll be able to do, is post the odd badly taken photos from my phone's camera.

As I said on a couple of the statue forums, I'll be sure to post a few pics of any questionable areas. However I don't currently have any free space to display this, as I wasn't expecting to receive this so soon. So more than likely it'll be placed in an area of my collection full of Marvel/DC statues when I take my photos :(

Mine just arrived as well, luckily I am working from home today so I've opened it on my lunch break, though I haven't had a chance to display it properly yet.

I'm also not great with pictures, but I've put some below, taken on my phone.

The seams and plug holes are visible. The stand is quite light, but I don't think there'll be any issues with it. The shuttles have some weight to them which is nice, and I like the look of the bridge through the dome.

Overall I'm really happy with it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for the pics. I guess I’ll be displaying mine flying from right to left. How secure is the screwed in joint between saucer and secondary hull? Any movement or weakness? Same question with nacelle joints. I’m planning to suspend mine from the ceiling with redundant loops of 40lb fishing line like my Millenium Falcon. Assuming the center of gravity cooperates with structurally sound hanging points.

Also - are both of you in Australia? I understand these are manufactured closer to that neck of the woods - but how does a continental US-only release get delivered outside of the US first?

Maybe the resellers get the first batch of production samples with the seams 😂.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. I guess I’ll be displaying mine flying from right to left. How secure is the screwed in joint between saucer and secondary hull? Any movement or weakness? Same question with nacelle joints. I’m planning to suspend mine from the ceiling with redundant loops of 40lb fishing line like my Millenium Falcon. Assuming the center of gravity cooperates with structurally sound hanging points.

Also - are both of you in Australia? I understand these are manufactured closer to that neck of the woods - but how does a continental US-only release get delivered outside of the US first?

Maybe the resellers get the first batch of production samples with the seams 😂.
The nacelle joints felt secure when I was moving it around, the connection between both sections seems strong as well, but I don't know if I would trust either of them to hold most or all of the weight, but with enough support around the saucer and secondary hull I would imagine they would hold up.

I believe both Phoenixblazes and I are in Australia, based on the company we bought from. I'm not sure why they were also offered here, I was surprised as well as I was sure that I was going to miss out on it when the campaign wasn't open internationally.

My own personal guess is that they needed to manufacture some amount above the number ordered through the campaign, either because of contracts or for economical reasons, and offered the extra units around for sale to businesses where they might have the rights to do so, though I've no evidence for this of course.

Well looking a little better now but how much of that "grey" is just lighting? The pics in the update appeared more a hue of white. The gray gives it more character imo. Still, holding out to see how visible those nacelle bussard lights look. The paint and/or molding seems to be rather thick and less likely to let the internals shine brightly.

Thanks for sharing @Pebl.

It should make for a nice display piece. TOMY should’ve gone the extra mile and puttied/sanded around the seams and plug holes but aside from that it looks like the details are there on the model.

Back