Tomb Raider Underworld

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't understand their concept behind doing that. If they open it to have a display case on the shelf.....then that is BS. At TRU, they get display cases of games specifically to put on the shelf as display (take to counter). If that is the case with GS, then I don't know why they don't get these display cases instead. Half of the time, people just go to the counter and ask if the have the game anyways, rather than looking on their racks and taking the case to the front.

It is stupid............

Exactly!!!! :lecture

That's why I don't bother looking on the shelves anymore because they try and sell me that copy rather then the new ones behind check out. I'm just glad I'm not alone on this one. I thought I was going crazy. :lol

Guess no one has read my rants on this devilish company yet. I used to work for them when I was younger and let me tell you that you don't even know the half of it. I could go on all day. The fact that they are still even in business confuses me.

Guess no one has read my rants on this devilish company yet. I used to work for them when I was younger and let me tell you that you don't even know the half of it. I could go on all day. The fact that they are still even in business confuses me.

Feel free to rant! I am. :lol

Feel free to rant! I am. :lol

I think I even have a thread about it. I will have to search. This company has had its head up their own ass for years. I wish I had ability to run it. Seriously they don't cater to gamers. They push them away. They have no concept of their target market. Their upper management proves it. They don't even know the games that are coming out and how good they will be. All they want is to sell pre-sales and strat guides.

had the same thing happen to me when i got dead space but since i really wanted the game, i got the display copy(the game was in great condition). so this is the second time they wanna stiff me with the display copy(l4d). this is probably the last time i preorder.

IGN cites a lot of buggery in this game....:monkey2

Not unlike SS's recent depiction of her.

But hell I'm a sucker for Lara---I'll probably pick it up today anyway.

Man their suckery continues. My store always has the same crap going on. We didn't get it crap that is. They suck!

Well I didn't feel like driving to BestBuy and not taking my chances, cause they aren't always top notch in putting the games out on the shelves. Plus I didn't want to call them because the employees there usually do not contain video game knowledge.

With that said, I called another GameStop in the area and they had the game; so I went there and got it. Finally! :)

Well I didn't feel like driving to BestBuy and not taking my chances, cause they aren't always top notch in putting the games out on the shelves. Plus I didn't want to call them because the employees there usually do not contain video game knowledge.

With that said, I called another GameStop in the area and they had the game; so I went there and got it. Finally! :)

Do what I do. Once they are available in the store you can order it online and pick it up at the store. They pull your order withing 5 minutes of you placing it. They also send you a confirmation that your order has been pulled. Not to mention the fact that they aren't making interest off your $5 or $10 that EB demands you put down. ;)

Do what I do. Once they are available in the store you can order it online and pick it up at the store. They pull your order withing 5 minutes of you placing it. They also send you a confirmation that your order has been pulled. Not to mention the fact that they aren't making interest off your $5 or $10 that EB demands you put down. ;)

You are right. I will prob do that next time, I think I will probably stop shopping at Game Stop from now on. This and L4D might be my last purchases from GameStop.

I had trouble in the past finding games at retail stores, that is why I ultimately started to shop at GameStop, because you could almost guarantee they would have the game on release date. But maybe that isn't the case anymore.

IGN reviews mean nothing. Those people sold their soul years ago....I am NOT a Tomb Raider fan at all, but gotta say that demo was FUN!!!!

Well their review seemed to suggest that the game is fantastic in every way except for the bugs. They're saying the collision detection is screwed up. Something about jumping onto a pillar and Lara sinking into it up to her waist...

Which of course would be total horse s#$% and could easily kill a great game.

I'm retarded though, and will still probably pick it up.

Anyone finally get this?

I picked up a copy tonight and played through the first level...

:monkey5

It's freaking sweet. Graphics, engine, level design, everything.

I've only encountered a couple of minor collision problems, but nothing frustrating as of yet.

It's a bit more challenging then the past two offerings, but an amazing game (so far).

I think I'll have to pick this one up. it's been awhile since I played a Tomb raider game.

Got the game today-won't be playing for a while, it's for my son for Xmas. Also got the small book with it. Look forward to playing it soon.

Back