to remake or not to remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planet of the Apes is one of the most blasphemous remakes, probably THE most blasphemous remake or "re-imagining" ever made.

100% truth is spoken here! The Lawgiver would be proud.

What really bummed me about this one is I had hoped that they would go more in the direction of the book (which is really good), but instead puked out an abysmal hunk of shat!

I sincerely hope not... only thing worse than that crapfest would be Crapfest2: Beneath the Planet of the Crapfest :lol

even though they are not really calling Batman Begins a remake... i'd almost call it that.

and it rocked.

best batman movie out there. IMO.

"re-starting the franchise" - that seems to be the new buzz word now...

I don't mind remakes really because honestly they either cement their place in the film history or make the original seem a 100 times better than the remake.

POTA had its good parts, I thought Roth's performance was good and Michael Clarke Duncan was awesome as well but what it did was lift the original up higher in my eyes.

Oh come on now. You know the Aperaham ending was superb.:D

darth_vader_nooo.jpeg

How about they remake The Phantom Menace... WITHOUT JAR JAR!!!

Jar Jar raped my childhood.

as for bad remakes, am I the only one who thought the Psycho remake was horrid? Sometimes newer is not better. I personally still like the old Kong better. Sure I like the new Kong, but the old one is just pure enjoyment.

I prefer old Kong as well... and the Psycho remake seemed very unnecessary. But that's usually the case :lol

The POTA remake by Burton was bad, bud it made me laugh it was so bad. Especially the Chuck Heston cameo.

I found it highly amusing that the main character shrugged off the fact that there were giant apes TALKING in his own language.

The only time remakes really bother me is when the original is so good that a remake is pointless (Psycho, Planet of the Apes) or when the actor portraying the main character from the original film is inextricably linked to the role (Kurt Russel/Snake Plissken). Those two instances are when remakes become blasphemous to me.

Back