TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think that keeping these in scale with each other is high on playmates agenda.
I'm ok with that tho. I like each for what they are, individual figures of the characters that they are based on.

I do not think that keeping these in scale with each other is high on playmates agenda.
I'm ok with that tho. I like each for what they are, individual figures of the characters that they are based on.

Yes yes, a very good point. On the other hand, the "classics" line is suppose to cater to older (adult) collectors. And if that's the case, they should take the time to do it right because they are obviously fans of the original comic/cartoon themselves for even putting these figures out. And they should know fans are going to moan and groan over every little detail they do not like about the figures.

Or maybe I'm just being naive and it's all about making $$ :)

It's all about the $$$.
Let's be honest. No matter how good, accurate or fantastic. People will complain. The green is wrong tone, the creases on the forehead are 1mm too low, etc. :rotfl

It's what keeps the forums alive!

Anyways.. Just caught up with the last three episodes. The two Karai shows were great. Now she needs to become an action figure.

Last edited:
[ame]https://youtu.be/wGEI-4BOlLk[/ame]

After hearing the spokesman guy, I understand where they're coming from. They saw how the MOTUC succeed with the classic updated figures, so they felt the need to change up Bebop and Rocksteady to modernize them. I think the key though is to stay true to the original art and update the figures through better articulation, detail, paintjob etc.. They were on the right direction with the 4 Turtles IMO.

-

Last edited:
They better make a Classic Casey Jones...can't have the turtles and not him too

Shredder, April and Casey in the classics line and I'll be happy. Wouldn't hurt to have a few foot soldiers in there too...

We've never had a good toon version of the Shredder, so that would be nice.
If the Bebop and Rocksteady sell (can't see why not), then there is likely to be Shredder, April and the Foot Soldier. I could see the next two being Shredder and Splinter tho, followed by April and a Foot Soldier. Then the original 10 will have been done.

He didnt want to say much about future plans.I just think it's very unfortunate that it comes down to how well these 2 will sell.Shredder and Splinter needs to happen at least.

Make a Foot Ninja and Casey Jones first. Those will sell like hot cakes, and alot of people will buy tons of the Foot. That'd guarentee another wave for Splinter and Shredder. After that, I don't see much room for a character like April to be a big seller unfortunately.

Apparently they hinted that they have plans to expand beyond the classic toon figures, they said that behind the camera but couldn't talk more about it. That could mean anything from comicbook turtles or movie turtles, or that 200x turtle cartoon, not really sure.

-

Apparently they hinted that they have plans to expand beyond the classic toon figures, they said that behind the camera but couldn't talk more about it. That could mean anything from comicbook turtles or movie turtles, or that 200x turtle cartoon, not really sure.

-

Funny-gifs-i-get-excited-about-insurance-too.gif

BRING IT!!!

I like the idea of Rocksteady and Bebop being better versions of the original figures instead of toon versions. Leaves them open to do toon versions later. Though I'd like to see a toon version of Shredder more than a classic figure version.

I don't see this Classics line being as cut and dry as the MOTUC line.

-

Now that's what I'm waiting for!!!

Back