TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 4 main dudes will be all we get in this scale.
The Bay movie may prompt 1:6 figures !
In the mean time, my Turtles van from 88 arrived today, all boxed and and as god as it was 25 years ago. Only this time, it's coming out the box. I got a set of 4 original Turtles to go with it.

I think the Turtles will look really cool in the Michael Bay film, but the movie is doomed in my eyes, and no matter how cool they look, I will not want to buy any merchandise from the film. I'll hope to be surprised by the film, but I doubt I will. And because of that, I doubt I'll be getting any figures from the movie because it'll just be a reminder of a movie I didn't like.

I'm speaking with such certainty because Michael Bay pissed all over Transformers, and I don't see why TMNT will be any different. Plus, is the casting of Megan Fox as April O'Neil legit? Because if so, that just backs up what I'm saying. This movie will be full of sex jokes, boobs, and horny Turtles. They are teenage, after all, and Michael Bay's sense of humor is more juvenile than Peter Griffin.

Alien turtles, not mutants nor teens ( confirmed by bay)

Casey jones as the main character, not the turtles ( hinted at by bay.)

Actually people seem to forget that the TCRI canister or ooze in the original black and white comics was revealed to be alien in origin

No, i both get,and Remember that.
Bay is making the turtles themselves into aliens so he can have more than 4. Pete Laird talked about how that was a "brilliant" way to have more than 4 turtles a while back.

Like I said, this movie is doomed. I will not see it. Usually I don't let "politics" get in the way of me watching a movie, but this is one of those occasions where I will just NOT give my money to this. I saw Transformers in the theater and that's the last time I pay to see a Michael Bay film that is an adaption of a franchise I love. I was once roped into watching Revenge of the Fallen at work (yes, it was REQUIRED that we watch it, can you believe it?), and I almost vomited, it was so bad.

I love TMNT even more than Transformers, and if Bayformers pissed me off as much as it did, I don't think it'd be safe for anyone if I saw his Non-Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles Playing Second Fiddle to Casey Jones.

The sad thing is it will probably make millions because the average cinema retards enjoy flashing lights and loud noises. Bay should **** off and make bad boys 7.

You guys are ridiculous. We know NOTHING about the movie yet. But the movie sucks? Wow. How about be thankful that the TMNT are getting another shot in the movie theaters. O yea the Spider-Man remake was going to be total **** too... Hmmmm

I will be going o see this movie. I hope it is good. The new tv show is awesome, so why shouldn't the movie be good. Even if a new slant is taken, it neednt be a bad thing. The second and third movies from the 90s are slated, but hey, I like these.

You guys are ridiculous. We know NOTHING about the movie yet. But the movie sucks? Wow. How about be thankful that the TMNT are getting another shot in the movie theaters. O yea the Spider-Man remake was going to be total **** too... Hmmmm

we know more than nothing.

We know what Bay has already told us in interviews.

and from what he's told us, i don't get why it's a TMNT film. he should just make his own IP, instead of crapping on an existing one.

I'd be interested if it was anyone else but Bay attached. Did no one learn anything from the transformers cgi turdfest?

I know that a bunch of fans didn't like it, but $700,000,000.00 at the box office says that a whole lot of people did.
Different takes on a subject are Not always a bad thing. Nolan's Batman movies bare virtually resemblance to the 60s tv show, but I think they are both great.

and bay is only the producer...not quite as vital of a role as director. for that we get the guy that gave us wrath of the titans, lol

and bay is only the producer...not quite as vital of a role as director. for that we get the guy that gave us wrath of the titans, lol

picard-facepalm.jpg

The new tv show is awesome, so why shouldn't the movie be good. Even if a new slant is taken, it neednt be a bad thing. The second and third movies from the 90s are slated, but hey, I like these.

Why shouldn't it be good? It SHOULD be good. But it won't be, and the reason is because Michael Bay has no respect for the source material that he profits from. He made that abundantly clear with his bastardized take on Transformers.

You're right, a new take is not always a bad thing. But it's not always a good thing, either. Change for the sake of change isn't always a great idea. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I WAS thankful, until I learned that Michael Bay was attached to it. I tried to stay positive, until I heard him talk about what he plans to do with this movie. And then the news of Megan Fox being in it just proved to me that Michael Bay isn't even trying to do right by the people who have kept TMNT relevant: the fans. No fan of TMNT wants that bimbo in the movie. I don't know any fan of Transformers that actually liked his movies. Only braindead viewers who like shiny things. I am absolutely certain that his TMNT film is going to anger fans, while appealing to the masses who know nothing about TMNT. It's not even going to be a Ninja Turtles film. The masses are going to get some bastardized version of the Turtles; one that doesn't do them justice.

Why would I be thankful for that? I'm thankful for the new cartoon. That show is pleasing both long time fans and new viewers. It proves that it CAN be done, if some effort is put into the project.

Not sure what your point about the Amazing Spider-Man is. Marc Webb and Emma Stone don't quite have the ****ty reputation that Bay and Megan Fox have. Marc Webb's resume may not be that long, but he doesn't have a tarnished reputation for mind-numbing cinema like Bay does.

Bay has given some creative direction that he wants to take the movie in. No script has been approved yet. He's turned around on his very public dislike of Megan, and the whole movie has been postponed until May 2014. The idea of turtle like aliens, and Casey Jones being the central character sound like, yeah, not too good. I would not be surprised to find that the publicity is all to do with him just trying to wind people up. I can't see Paramount, or Nickelodeon allowing their franchise, which is current and viable, to be messed around with too much. They need the current show and this movie to have links, as each will be effectively advertising the other. So, I am fairly confident that the movie we get will be fine.

Back