TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the luck of finding the lawson turtles and the other mirage stuff at target.
I got me curious - has trevor or randy ever said anything about re-releasing the figures/deco from the red shredder/foot 4 pack nycc exclusive?
I had it and sold it misb at a loss on ebay a year after it came out to fund other stuff. Really, really regret it. Now it's going for around $500. Yikes.
I don’t see it happening. They say they lost the mold for the original comic Turtles. So, it wouldn’t do them much good to make figures based on that iteration, when they are currently using the Shedder and Foot Soldiers they have. Splinter and Casey excluded.

Last edited:
Finally 1/4
IMG_1369.jpeg

1/4 Scale Needs to at least have the core. Get Shredder, Splinter, Krang and Bebop and Rocksteady.

NECA seems to be done doing 1/4 scale as all that is released is turtles and the 4 Turtles were essentially 1 figure with different paints.

I wish Neca would do 1/6 scale figures. I’d love to own the TMNT movie turtles from the first film in that scale. I’m not really down with 1/4th scale stuff and never will be. Too much real-estate.
I've had to make do with the Mondo Leonardo for now, but I too hope for either a movie or original cartoon 1/6 Leonardo.

Is anyone getting the Mutant Mayhem Turtles? I pre-ordered the four Turtles and the Party Wagon on Walmart.com. Not bad for $80 in all. I’ll end up giving them to my nephew most likely, but I figured I could enjoy them for a while. Really not digging Raph’s new mask style they seem to have adopted since Rise. And Mikey having a football head just seems weird.

Outside of that, they look pretty decent for kids toys. I also loved the 2012 set, which I have two of. I’ll probably pass down the unopened set to my nephew as well. Hopefully, they make Shredder, as that’s likely the only other Mutant Mayhem figure I would get, besides maybe Splinter. Definitely no April or Casey or the other villains.

Any tips on how to safely remove the Neca SOTO Shredder helmet? I finally found one at Walmart but the helmet doesn't sit low enough on the head.

If I tilt the head up I can see gap where the helmet should rest, so it just needs to be moved down a bit.

Heh, funnily enough I spent part of my childhood in Co Springs around then. Still bummed the ice skating rink at Chapel Hills mall was replaced with a Dick’s Sporting Goods, but I’d kill to go back for Fargo’s pizza :lol

Any tips on how to safely remove the Neca SOTO Shredder helmet? I finally found one at Walmart but the helmet doesn't sit low enough on the head.

If I tilt the head up I can see gap where the helmet should rest, so it just needs to be moved down a bit.
This is the method i've had luck with: boil water in tea pot, pour it into a small glass, drop the head in, let it sit for five minutes, and then try to pull that sucker off. It may take a few treatments as sometimes it takes the contracting and expanding of the plastic to loosen up the glue rather than the near-boiling water directly compromising it.

Playmates better get some more product on the shelves by August 2nd, when the movie comes out.

Went back to Target for some new movies and got curious about the state of the toy isle since the weekend of July the 2nd. All of the single carded figures were gone. All of them. There were just a few of the exclusive glow-in-the-dark sets and only three plushies left. Two RC party wagons and then a handful of funko pops and the little tykes type TMNT figures.

That was it. I think maybe a few of the Leo bikes were on the bottom shelf in the very back as well. The exclusive boxed set with April is now completely gone and all of the normal party wagons are gone. I’ve looked online and a lot of stuff is selling for 50 to 100% above retail. These are predominantly kids toys and grown ass men are buying them up just to flip them.

Playmates will hopefully flood the market with product soon, because they are doing pretty well it seems.

This is the method i've had luck with: boil water in tea pot, pour it into a small glass, drop the head in, let it sit for five minutes, and then try to pull that sucker off. It may take a few treatments as sometimes it takes the contracting and expanding of the plastic to loosen up the glue rather than the near-boiling water directly compromising it.
Also dont waste precious clean water make tea (preferable red) with the water leftovers and enjoy your shredder scent redtea.

And they say kids don’t like toys anymore lol
I want to say it’s also due to collectors snatching up a lot of it too though. I’d reckon a generous 40% of these ended up being bought by collectors and/or scalpers. The weekend after these hit shelves there were about half and half at the pegs in my area. It was me and two guys and a chick and four or five kids all trying to look at everything.

I personally snatched up a set of the Turtles, but like an idiot left the van. That’s what I went back to check on this time, while I was there. I couldn’t believe how much it all got wiped out. And no restocks yet either, from the looks of it. So, had to keep my Walmart pre-order.

Pretty safe to say that people are digging the new Turtles. Wasn’t sure about them at first, but they grew on me. I’m not going to go see the movie or anything, but I’ll grab it when it hits blu ray for sure. Not loving everything about the movie, can probably already guess why, but oh well. A lot of the other mutant redesigns look really dull. And the big bad is just goofy.

Hoping Shredder gets teased at the end of the film. The next one will be worth seeing just for that alone. Assuming they don’t make him look like a bootleg Luchador villain or something. Read an article saying that Mutant Mayhem was better off without Shredder and that’s verifiably false. TMNT is not the same without Shredder. Same goes for Batman and the Joker.

I want to say it’s also due to collectors snatching up a lot of it too though. I’d reckon a generous 40% of these ended up being bought by collectors and/or scalpers. The weekend after these hit shelves there were about half and half at the pegs in my area. It was me and two guys and a chick and four or five kids all trying to look at everything.

I personally snatched up a set of the Turtles, but like an idiot left the van. That’s what I went back to check on this time, while I was there. I couldn’t believe how much it all got wiped out. And no restocks yet either, from the looks of it. So, had to keep my Walmart pre-order.

Pretty safe to say that people are digging the new Turtles. Wasn’t sure about them at first, but they grew on me. I’m not going to go see the movie or anything, but I’ll grab it when it hits blu ray for sure. Not loving everything about the movie, can probably already guess why, but oh well. A lot of the other mutant redesigns look really dull. And the big bad is just goofy.

Hoping Shredder gets teased at the end of the film. The next one will be worth seeing just for that alone. Assuming they don’t make him look like a bootleg Luchador villain or something. Read an article saying that Mutant Mayhem was better off without Shredder and that’s verifiably false. TMNT is not the same without Shredder. Same goes for Batman and the Joker.
Yea the marketing behind this movie is pretty good. Been seeing it everywhere. I hope we get shredder and the foot to. Call me crazy . Idc but I never liked the whole too many mutants and sci-fi aspect of the ninja turtles. I loved the more grounded stuff like the first movie delivered. I mean I’ll tolerate bebop and rocksteady but don’t really like anything outside of that. It’s a reason why I fell off on the 2012 show after a few season. After a while it became blatant that they wanted to sell more and more toys then tell a good story . Each episode felt like a monster of the week type thing

Yea the marketing behind this movie is pretty good. Been seeing it everywhere. I hope we get shredder and the foot to. Call me crazy . Idc but I never liked the whole too many mutants and sci-fi aspect of the ninja turtles. I loved the more grounded stuff like the first movie delivered. I mean I’ll tolerate bebop and rocksteady but don’t really like anything outside of that. It’s a reason why I fell off on the 2012 show after a few season. After a while it became blatant that they wanted to sell more and more toys then tell a good story . Each episode felt like a monster of the week type thing
I agree. I like nearly anything TMNT, but there’s a lot to be said about the “less is more” approach of the first live action film and the original mirage comic run.

Back