TMNT (teenage mutant ninja turtles)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So have any internationals had their SOTA 4-pack and accessory set shipped from thenecastore.com?

I've lost all my bearings on these. I've received one or 2 texts about parcels being held but I ignored them as they're usually scams but I'm actually starting to wonder now......

So have any internationals had their SOTA 4-pack and accessory set shipped from thenecastore.com?

I've lost all my bearings on these. I've received one or 2 texts about parcels being held but I ignored them as they're usually scams but I'm actually starting to wonder now......

Yes, I received them last week - I bought the 4-pack and accessory set.

The VHS packaging had some damage. Normally, I throw out the boxes but in this specific case, we are paying premium for the VHS style packaging and I want to keep for display.

I was going to inquire with NECA if I could get a replacement (just the box) but after listening to the Collecting Weekly Show Podcast, it seems NECA's customer service will not replace.

The podcast host (Marco?) also mentioned they were rather rude and abruptly hung up on him - he called NECA twice.

With some retail stores, if they cannot replace, they'll either offer some type of compensation in the form of a refund, credit or discount code for next purchase - BBTS, Sideshow, etc.

Bummer. Did your box look like it was damaged on its way to you or do you think they shipped it with that damage?

I'll be waiting at least a month for mine now based on past experience so I can go back asleep on these until then.

My Soto two packs arrived today except that they only sent the Leo and raph set despite the invoice showing both sets. I'm not the only one this has happened to either and others have been sent two of the Leo, raph sets instead of both. Pretty major screw up by neca, Considering we're international buyers. Emailed them but apparently their customer service isn't great? If they won't/don't sort it I'll have no choice but to instruct my bank to claim the money back.

Neca replied saying "Thank you for contacting us about this. I'm sorry for the mix up. Our warehouse will ship out the missing item as soon as possible." I replied saying thank you, to which I get an automated reply saying "Due a high influx of customer service requests may take us longer than usual to reply to your email. "

Gee, I wonder why they'd be getting so many emails.

Found some of the reissue Playmates TMNT figures in Target tonight. I wasn’t going to but since they were only $11.99 the temptation and nostalgia factor wouldn’t let me walk away without at least one of them. Grabbed Splinter. Probably will keep him on the card.
1EDFD4F0-C23A-4620-99BB-A49A5D99B706.jpeg

I may have not noticed them before but I’m pretty sure the vintage figures just showed up at my Target. There was a good selection. Besides Splinter I saw the Turtles (minus Raphael), Leatherhead, and Shredder. Think that was all.

They also had some of the larger scale Turtles as well as the Elite series with the Turtles in disguise but I didn’t pay much attention to them.

Neca replied saying "Thank you for contacting us about this. I'm sorry for the mix up. Our warehouse will ship out the missing item as soon as possible." I replied saying thank you, to which I get an automated reply saying "Due a high influx of customer service requests may take us longer than usual to reply to your email. "

Gee, I wonder why they'd be getting so many emails.
At least you got a reply. I've had nothing back from them.

Not for nothing, but I watched the TMNT episode of The Toys That Made Us the other day, it was very entertaining. I think my favorite part was when they talked about sculpting Shredder, they gave him a sort of mystical pose, with his fingers splayed, and they wanted to make him tall and overpowering, but then they found out that he wouldn't fit in the package that way, so they just sculpted him leaning forward.

I always thought his pose was super weird, but when they explain it that way, it all makes sense.

They briefly touched on the wild designs of the side characters. I wish there would've done a deep dive on that aspect of it. I'd love to hear more about how they came up with all that stuff.

They briefly touched on the wild designs of the side characters. I wish there would've done a deep dive on that aspect of it. I'd love to hear more about how they came up with all that stuff.
If you want a deep dive, I think you’d appreciate the book “Rad Plastic”.

Received my SOTA 4-pack and accessory set (international shipping).

The accs set box got damaged quite bad, fortunately everything inside it is ok. Also very grateful that the 4-pack box arrived in perfect condition.
Overall NECA did a great job on the turtles and the accs. Will have a great time playing with them later!

Back